Cobalt Airline - Flight Delay

Options
Hi all,

I am wanting some advice on what I should do as I have no firm confirmation from the airline on when compensation is due to be given for a delayed flight.

I sent a EMAIL to Cobalt airline using MSE template letter. I sent the below:

I am writing regarding flight C0 620 on 25th July 2016 from London Stansted (STN) to Larnaca (LCA) with the scheduled departure time of 15:25 and scheduled arrival at Larnaca 22:00 on 25th July 2016. This flight arrived Larnaca at 06:16 AM on 26th July approximately 9.5 hours late at Larnaca (LCA).

The judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Tui & others v CAA confirmed the applicability of compensation for delay as set out in the Sturgeon case. As such, I am seeking compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 for this delayed flight.

The passengers in the party were MR XX, MR XX, MRS XX and MRS XX.

My scheduled flight length was 3250 KM therefore I am seeking €400 per delayed passenger in my party. The total is €1600 for all passengers.

During the delay the passengers in my party were not provided with any refreshments / transfer to hotel accommodation satisfactory to the long delay; and I have listed the costs for those. Please refund:

Late Night Taxi Fare to Hotel: €25

Food Costs: €50

The total compensation sought is €1675.

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could mean taking it to court.

Yours faithfully,
Mr Ninder

I have been chasing them for compensation and they replied asking for my bank IBAN number. I sent that information to them and then got a call from them asking if I would like a flight instead. I refused and they said I was only entitled to around 800 euros compensation. I said that was not correct as per my letter. When I sent another email they came back and then stated I would get the compensation 30 days after I sent the IBAN number.

I am now left in limbo and they are still looking into my claim as the 30 days have long gone. The last EMAIL from them states that:

Due to the fact that our logistics department examines compensation cases one by one, as each case is unique, there have been some delays with the payment of some compensations. We apologise for the inconvenience and we can assure you that you will be receiving your compensation as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.

Is there anything I can do to escalate this or get the compensation any quicker? Is there any timescale they should be working too?

Thank you all in advance

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read Vauban's guide, then write an NBA, then issue legal papers.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family