It's my fault, so it's my responsibility. Time to take it.

Options
123457»

Comments

• debbie_debt
    debbie_debt Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Hannah! I'd just posted on your diary asking for days out advice lol I've hoop downloading and a join request in to that facebook group. Thank you!!
    HIGHEST DEBT £63,300 LBM 27/5/2020 DEBT FREE DATE 31.08.2022
  • debbie_debt
    Options
    Gutted - Hoop isn't available in my area yet. That sounded perfect! I've voted for it to come here next so I'll keep checking back on it x
  • debbie_debt
    Options
    So, today was pay day for us, which means another chunk off the debts and a new debt total for my signature :j:j:j

I'm actually becoming slightly addicted to seeing my debt total dwindle. It gives me a massive boost every single month to see that we're finally making a dent. I still know we could do more and I'm hopeful that I'll start getting more organised with food (and kick the diet coke habit :rotfl:) but things have improved more in the last 9 months than they have in (literally) the last 9 years. I'm being careful with the cash in my purse, leaving the switch card at home unless I know I'll soon need petrol and being conscious of the need for takeaways etc.

We've also a few fab and free days out coming up with the family - if anyone's in Lancashire it's the free Lancashire Science Festival at UCLAN this weekend, which is always amazing!

Debbie
  • debbie_debt
    Options
    Oh... and thinking about the diet coke habit, I've invested the princely sum of £2.50 in a fab new reusable drinks bottle with one of those fruit infusion canisters that I'm promising myself I'll fill every day before work. Hold me to it please!!!
  • debbie_debt
    Options
    Well, it's been a hard month for us. My mum had a stroke, which hit the family hard but thankfully she's home and recovering. It does make you realise that, despite the journey we're all on with debt, that there are more important things in life than money. My spending did go off track for a week while she was in hospital - delivering her food she might possibly eat (most went in the bin) and takeaways at home because I simply wasn't there enough to cook and was starving when I did get home. Mum also did a day a week childcare for us, which won't be happening for a long time, so we're now having to find £160 extra a month in nursery fees. I'm chalking that one up to being inevitable rather than getting annoyed and moving on. She's home and recovering so I can't be disappointed in anything.

Despite that financial blip, it's been a pretty good month. I'll update the debts total at the end of the month, but we've already made another £329 payment before payday :T and I've earned around £635 extra this month that should arrive around the 3rd August, so that can all go straight to the debts. I'm hopeful of paying off over a grand this month, maybe pushing £1200 :beer:

It all feels very slow at the minute. I'm annoyed that I've got the option of earning £8k for 5 weeks work in January and can't do it. I'm due a baby in October and my hubbie simply can't get that long off work to spend with the baby while I do it. I'd have to work away Mon - Fri too, so it'd be a hard few weeks for him. It's so typical it's come up at this point in my life, but hey ho. I'm trying to make my peace with missing out on a massive opportunity. It's not easy though :mad:

Happy Friday DFW's!!

Debbie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills