Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Ooh.. like the sound of that and to be paid for from the bonus...thats a great result..well done you :T

Enjoy the meals and the cinema...xx
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    My new kitchen is from Howdens - can recommend. I had cream units with light oak work tops but kept changing my mind right up to the last minute.
    A friend of mine had a howdens one, it was lovely and nicely made. I just like looking at the options :)

Thank you ladies - I've been taking a quick look on the website this morning - lots of lovely ideas - quite spoilt for choice. Will have to get down to it and have a really good look when I get home. The bonus will get paid with my end April wages so will really get going with the planning etc next month.

SA - my friend has the Howden cream units (shaker style) with the oak tops - they look lovely.

Yesterday we went into town and had a nice brunch - I had delicious Bircher muesli, latte and pecan pie! Then went mooching - DD bought a gorgeous grey sleeveless cashmere top in a boutique that she frequents (she's the money bags of the family), and then her OH miraculously appeared when it was time to visit the lingerie shop! ( funny that). Wandered round a bit more then called it a day as rain started pelting down.

Big drama when we got home - DD rather foolishly draped her new top on the bed. Cue Madam Ginger Cat who spied it - ha ha a new thing I can lie on! Claw then caught in top. Howls and lots of profanity emanates from DD. After being untangled the Queen of Fr*gg*n' Everything calmly stalks off with tail held high.....:cool:

Drove out in the evening to a new Nordic type restaurant not far from DD's and had a really appetising Mother's Day dinner - then home and finished evening with some more wine and latest episode of Troy.

Just waiting for everyone to get ready and then out for a bit of brunch. Cinema this evening - and oh - as DD and OH went away for Christmas and New Year we'll be exchanging some pressies later - on Mother's Day instead. :D

Hers to a Happy Mother's Day to all you mums out there! Hope all your families remember to spoil you!:kisses:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    First rule of cats - never sleep on the bed when you could sleep on something on the bed. Hope the top is ok!

Cat dramas aside, it sounds like you are having a lovely weekend.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks redo - yes enjoying myself immensely - love spending time with them all. :)

Luckily only a small pull on the top after the Cashmere and Cat incident We finally managed to talk DD off the roof......:D
    🌟
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Can just picture the cat's disdain as she saunters off. Hilarious
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looked at Howdens kitchens, they all look really nice . I think a grey one is a good choice though. Your weekend sounds brilliant , and hope the rest has gone well. Had to laugh at the cat , hope DD is off the ceiling now .
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Everyone who lives with a cat appreciates your DD's pain.

It sounds like you have had a fantastic weekend. They are to be cherished, aren't they?

Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Can just picture the cat's disdain as she saunters off. Hilarious
    Looked at Howdens kitchens, they all look really nice . I think a grey one is a good choice though. Your weekend sounds brilliant , and hope the rest has gone well. Had to laugh at the cat , hope DD is off the ceiling now .
    117pauline wrote: »
    Everyone who lives with a cat appreciates your DD's pain.

It sounds like you have had a fantastic weekend. They are to be cherished, aren't they?

Take care honey
    Pauline

Thanks guys - DD has forgiven her baby - or should it be the other way around? Who knows what goes on in little catty heads!:)

Finished my weekend at the cinema with DD - saw ' I Tonya' which we really enjoyed. Very black comedy and skating scenes were excellent. At the end when the credits rolled they run a Film of the real Tonya Harding when she first performed the triple axle - you forget what a great skater she was.

Back to work now. :(. Nice surprise though this afternoon. DSis called as she had come up to town for a hospital appointment and wanted to know if we could meet up after I finished work. So we did and went to a City burger bar which has had a good rep. No desserts served though and no coffee - only beer, soft drinks or wine! So at least I didn't consume extra calories by having a pudding! But we had an extra glass of wine to take the place of the coffee!:D

So I'll be pulling in my horns now for the rest of the month. See how many non-budgeted NSDs I can knock up till payday!:)
    🌟
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We are going for a Howdens kitchen too. They have their sale in October and apparently give massive discounts then so we are waiting until September before ordering.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thank you so much for letting me know ES. Didn't know that. I think I might just wait until then!:T
    🌟
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you so much for letting me know ES. Didn't know that. I think I might just wait until then!:T

My DD had one put in at the end of last year and a friend and my hairdresser and they all said the same. October is the magic month.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback