Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes I am Cumbria - in May!:j:j:j

My lovely, lovely DSis and OH bought me a ticket for a Christmas present. DSis is going as well and treating me to a meal afterwards. Can't wait as I love Tina Turner - saw her live years ago in the 80s so this will be the next best thing!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    All signs of snow gone here too. Boots sound a fab bargain. Have a wonderful week xx

Thanks SA - back to normal then next week hopefully with the weather. It looks like a soggy time this week!
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh how wonderful , will look at tickets this week for myself and friend .
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi SSG
    Glad you are feeling better after getting the Debt Free Diaries Dreaded Lurgy - it's amazing the power of the internet, isn't it?

We didn't get snow here till late Thursday and most had gone by Saturday although it snowed a little in the evening when we came out of the theatre.

I have been feeding the birds although the squirrels haven't been seen for the last three weeks. I have really noticed that I haven't needed to put out so much food out for them.

I don't know if you remember I went to a classical concert last month but bought the wrong ticket? Well I went to that concert yesterday and really enjoyed it again.

The programme was the Elgar Cello Concerto, Holst's Planets Suite and Walton's Johannesburg Overture. Cantamus Girls Choir sang too. It was a marvelous evening. Again amateurs but my, they were so good.

I hope your new boots arrive to prevent potential footrot caused by the impending floods.

Take it easy, get yourself fully fit and ready for next weekend
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Glad you're back firing on all cylinders. We had tickets to the stranglers for yesterday but it's been postponed until April due to the weather.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you've recovered from your lurgy SSG. It's great that your sidetable and fridge freezer have arrived and what a bargain on the boots :).

I'm trying to catch up on diaries but reading for too long gives me a headache :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Hope your feeling loads better Seaside
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Hi SSG
    Glad you are feeling better after getting the Debt Free Diaries Dreaded Lurgy - it's amazing the power of the internet, isn't it?

We didn't get snow here till late Thursday and most had gone by Saturday although it snowed a little in the evening when we came out of the theatre.

I have been feeding the birds although the squirrels haven't been seen for the last three weeks. I have really noticed that I haven't needed to put out so much food out for them.

I don't know if you remember I went to a classical concert last month but bought the wrong ticket? Well I went to that concert yesterday and really enjoyed it again.

The programme was the Elgar Cello Concerto, Holst's Planets Suite and Walton's Johannesburg Overture. Cantamus Girls Choir sang too. It was a marvelous evening. Again amateurs but my, they were so good.

I hope your new boots arrive to prevent potential footrot caused by the impending floods.

Take it easy, get yourself fully fit and ready for next weekend
    Pauline

Hi there Pauline - good to see you posting again. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the concert. It's amazing what a wonderful performance amateurs can give isn't it. And the tickets are a lot cheaper too!
    Glad you're back firing on all cylinders. We had tickets to the stranglers for yesterday but it's been postponed until April due to the weather.

Wow inod - that's a rave from the grave for me! Remember seeing them with the ex-Mr SSG - c.1980 that would have been! Sorry to hear it was postponed though - won't be too long now
    I'm glad you've recovered from your lurgy SSG. It's great that your sidetable and fridge freezer have arrived and what a bargain on the boots :).

I'm trying to catch up on diaries but reading for too long gives me a headache :(.

Thanks Hairy - though I don't think I was half as ill as you were! Take it easy with the reading! I've tried on the boots and they're very comfortable so a good call I think.
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope your feeling loads better Seaside

Thanks very much Scott. All ok now apart from the odd little cough! I'm still trundling on with the surveys - stuck at £16.76 with PA though have gone up to £18.40 with Opinium (have to get to £24 before payout here).
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Last couple of nights I didn't post - had to get my nails done on Monday evening as my appointment was postponed last week due to the bad weather. Last night my friend popped round before she goes off on her hols.

I've had an email from one of the pension providers that I'm transferring from. They've received all the bumph from my works pension, but apparently can't connect up my passport details with my home address, which is weird because I haven't moved since my passport was taken out. Though I've had problems with my address when applying for credit cards in the past as, because I live in a flat, my address sometimes differs slightly from the address the companies hold on their search records and the application gets rejected. So I've now got to provide two recent utility bills! :mad: I'm envisaging that the other two providers will be asking the same as well shortly! It's never easy is it!:(

Have to sign off now as I'm typing this in work so will catch up with diaries tonight.

SSG x
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts