Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can't believe we are nearly at Mother's Day. You will have a great time with DD , I hope the weather doesn't put paid to your plans. Virgin west coast doesn't seem to have suffered as far as Preston. Not sure whether DD is west or east.

How are you feeling now ?

Any plans for the weekend ?

Hi Cumbria - I’m crossing my fingers that the weather improves for my journey next Friday. I’m travelling up via Virgin East Coast and they’ve had some problems in the past week.

I’m feeling nearly back to normal today - though still got a bit of a cough and a blocked nose! I went back to work yesterday - the journey wasn’t too bad as the snow was still powdery to walk on and the trains on my line were running ok. The office though seemed half full as people commuting in from outside London that don’t use my line were still having problems - quite a few including my boss, I think live in Narnia and can’t get to their stations as the roads were still blocked! Walking home from the station in the evening was harder as I have to walk up a steep hill and the wind was absolutely icy - I felt like Napoleon during the retreat from Moscow. I was shattered after my first day back, had some dinner and went to bed!

This afternoon I ventured out to get some supplies - it felt less cold and the snow seems to have melted quite a bit. Hopefully this will be the last of it.

So nothing planned for the weekend - as I’m still coughing I’m not doing Pilates and my friend is nervous of driving in this sort of weather so we’re not venturing to the cinema. Nice quiet weekend!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Makes sense to stay in and give yourself time to recover.

Our village is known as little Narnia locally, we get snowed in and five minutes down the road it is clear.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Safe your energy for next weekend , i think the weather will be fine by then.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Makes sense to stay in and give yourself time to recover.

Our village is known as little Narnia locally, we get snowed in and five minutes down the road it is clear.

My boss says the same about where he lives redo. Mind you he did make me laugh yesterday when he phoned in from home. He said he had been shovelling snow but had to stop because of his bad back. I told this to one of the guys in work that he is mates with and he said the boss had posted pictures on FB of him supervising while his wife and sons shovelled the snow ! I think the bad back was a ruse!:D
    Safe your energy for next weekend , i think the weather will be fine by then.

Hi Cumbria - here’s hoping - otherwise there’ll be lots of cancelled Mother’s Day lunches!
    🌟
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Know what you mean about retreat from Russia...what did the Czar say "January and February are my best generals'? or something like that..its been bitter.

Chickens gave me an egg on Friday though which I thought was pretty good of them! Stocked up the bird feeders too - must be tough on the wildlife.

Hope East Coast is sorted next week. I think I should be OK getting in tomorrow but may leave extra time and take a larger flask of coffee... :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi brizzle - well done on your "girls'" egg donation! What a nice surprise!

Hopefully my journey to DD's on Friday will be fine as we've had teeming rain all afternoon which has dissolved all the snow apart from a few little piles here and there. The snowman on the communal lawn has also shrunk enormously as well!:snow_grin I'd still brew up the thermos flask though tomorrow brizzle just in case!:D

So stayed indoors today - finished the ironing, have sandwich to make for tomorrow's lunch (cheese and marmite I think) and yesterday's chili later for dinner.

I bought some ankle boots from Marisota today as I needed some for casual wear so in keeping with the new season's style for cowboy boots, I bought two pairs in the sale (one black pair and one tan), plus I had a 20% discount code. They're not really cowboy boots but have that nice wooden stacked heel that you see on cowboy boots and they will go nice with skinnies. So I spent just over £44 but this was within the clothes budget.

Can't believe the weekend has nearly gone but enjoy what's left of it everyone!:)
    🌟
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is a good price on the boots.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi redo - yes very pleased with the price! Hope they look good!
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do you think you will be seeing Tina Turner story in the west end ? I would love to see it
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    All signs of snow gone here too. Boots sound a fab bargain. Have a wonderful week xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure