Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• reality_check
    Options
    I’ve found your diary again! I knew I had read a new one but couldn’t find it as hadn’t subscribed to it, then thought I had imagined it…anyway I have now found out how to check if someone has a diary so found you again!! :)

Your New Year sounds wonderful, I love Scotland. It’s such a beautiful place and really want to go and see more sometime.

With your face wipes I used to use the boots vouchers you get at the till when you buy something for money off No.7, think it’s normally £5. The wipes are £7 so only cost you a few pounds and I loved them and would always stock up whenever I got the voucher. My skin has since become sensitive to any face wipes so only reason why I don’t buy them anymore.

I hope you’re surviving January!! Look forward to your updates, over half way to your target already!! xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HI SSG :wave: - how's it going?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JWPopps wrote: »
    Hello SSG!

Glad to hear you had a lovely time in Scotland, a roaring fire and and an armchair are two of my all time favourite things! I bought my house more or less on the basis that the open fire was still functional...

Some days, best will in the world, are never going to be NSDs! I've been at my OH's for a week and am now looking forward to getting home - although that also means I'll be a day closer to going back to work :( I do love my job, but I still get those 'oh do I really have to work for a living?!' moments!!

Oh JWPopps - I would love an open fire!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hope the sniffles don't get chance to bed in. It sounded like such a fab break.

Thanks bob! Sniffles returned with a vengeance! Could do with another break - it all feels such a long time ago now........:(
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Sounds wonderful!! Really special.

Hope first week back is not too horrendous

Thanks brizzle!
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I’ve found your diary again! I knew I had read a new one but couldn’t find it as hadn’t subscribed to it, then thought I had imagined it…anyway I have now found out how to check if someone has a diary so found you again!! :)

Your New Year sounds wonderful, I love Scotland. It’s such a beautiful place and really want to go and see more sometime.

With your face wipes I used to use the boots vouchers you get at the till when you buy something for money off No.7, think it’s normally £5. The wipes are £7 so only cost you a few pounds and I loved them and would always stock up whenever I got the voucher. My skin has since become sensitive to any face wipes so only reason why I don’t buy them anymore.

I hope you’re surviving January!! Look forward to your updates, over half way to your target already!! xx

Hi there reality! I usually buy the Johnsons wipes, but do get the No 7 wipes when Boots give out their £5 No 7 vouchers. I actually think that they are best out of all the wipes, but they're too expensive at £7.99 to buy all the time! - but £2.99 now and again is much more realistic!
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I’m reporting back finally! Went down with the dreaded lurgy again – ended up having time off work – I felt so rough and have not really felt back to normal until recently. But at least staying in has given me some NSDs!

So things have been quiet since I last posted - apart from taking my sister to the theatre, which was her birthday present from me, plus brunch at the weekend with a friend. My sister loves “The Bodyguard” and we’ve seen it a couple of times together over the years.This performance was on the last day of the current West End run with Beverley Knight in the title role – great performance and atmosphere.We had interval drinks at the theatre and a nice meal afterwards.I always enjoy these occasions when the two of us get together.

Apart from above I haven’t really got up to anything else. Money wise – as I said above I’ve had a few more NSDs since I posted last. It was a friend’s birthday earlier this month so I bought her an M&S voucher – but this came out of the Birthday/Gifts budget.

I did treat myself to a book on Kindle while I was off work – Anthony Horowitz’s latest, “The Magpie Murders” – which is a whodunit within a whodunit and I enjoyed it immensely (I love Agatha Christie and all those type of murder mysteries!).

I received some cashback from Quidco - £7.56! - I’m thinking of cancelling the premium service on Quidco though because I’m fed up of their deductions!

Apart from the above I’ve had a few bought lunches at work when I felt washed out and didn’t get round to making my packed lunches.

I’m popping over at the weekend to visit another friend and her new(ish!) baby boy who I’ve only seen very briefly since he was born. Also got my nail appointment tonight and have to book my pedicure for the weekend.

So I’m behind with the gratitude lists! But basically since I’ve been off the forum I’m grateful for:

• Finally feeling back to normal after awful lurgy!
    • A lovely sister to spend time with and have laughs;
    • Nice positive meeting with my boss in respect of my annual performance review!
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,425 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better now and that you enjoyed the theatre.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good to see you posting again. Sorry re lurgy :(
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Seasidegal58
    edited 23 January 2017 at 9:30PM
    Options
    Thanks brizzle and SA! :wave:

I had a nice weekend - popped over and saw my friend and her baby - and also her new house for the first time. Had a lovely couple of hours catching up. I brought over some carrot cake from one of our local cafes and some tulips for her. Also had a cab over but her husband drove me back. Had my pedicure in the morning but picked up £5 from dress agency from sales of two of my necklaces. Yesterday and today were NSDs though.

Main money news was that today I have finally received my State Pension Statement. Briefly, because I paid the Married Women's Reduced NI back in the '70s DWP will work out my pension in two different ways - the Reduced Rate Election which refers to the above, or the new State Pension - and I can elect for the whatever is higher - and according to DWP I will get £4 a week more on the RRE rate if it was payable today! I'm going to go through this in more detail from the paperwork they have sent me.

Gratitudes:
    - nice person who pointed out I was about to leave my kindle on the train seat tonight.
    - finally receiving my Pension Statement
    - message left on a answerphone from friend I haven't heard from for a while.
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business