A path out of the Jumble

Options

Comments

• Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

Had a productive yet fun day in the office today :) some colleagues were around who I just get on really well with :D we worked and chatted the day away. I love days like that at work, it's nice to talk things through and have a bit of a laugh.

It's been a mildly spendy day as I had breakfast with a friend and coffee with another - yet I enjoyed it and all came to under £5 in the work canteen. Got the bus home too - which was just £1.

I'm so happy with the weekend, having two whole days of family time is just what I needed :) have done the shop for the bonfire party, it's being delivered tomorrow morning. I'm going to have a go at making a toffee apple cake too. Just need to fit in having a coffee with my bestie to sort out plans for London - so exciting :j

Plus my OH and I have a day off on Thursday together, we're going out to dinner - just the two of us, really looking forward to that. Next weekend my Mum is going to puppy sit so we've got two whole days on our own :D we do love our puppy so very much, yet it's nice to have a break and do couple stuff.

At the moment, we go to bed and get up at different times to make sure we cover his bathroom breaks and food times. It's weird but I never thought something like going to bed at the same time would make a difference! As he's just a puppy too - he's often pretty boisterous in the evenings, so just watching a film without an interruption is a rarity :rotfl:

We're having a nice relaxing Friday evening as we'll be busy tomorrow with the party :)

Hope you all have a fab Friday and a wonderful weekend

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Morning Diary,

What a hectic couple of weeks! It's been really busy at work and home over the last few weeks, lots of things to do and not enough time :rotfl:

When I get busy like this my focus on all important things like debt-busting, healthy eating, me-time, family-time and couple-time gets out of balance. So I'm making a promise to myself to get back on track :) 2017 is looking to be an even busier year personally and I want to make sure I'm looking after myself, spending my time/energy on what's important to me!

This morning I've been looking at my debts, where they are now and when the 0% deals come to an end to make sure I've got a plan as well as a plan b. I also need to get back to my neglected budget and figure out where I am for the rest of the month.

The bill for the fencing came in while I was away in London and was £125 more than I expected! Luckily the quote to get a radiator in the kitchen was lower, so it offset this and the work will be done in December so will come from Novembers pay. There's also a potential I'll have to pay a £500 deposit in the next week or so, but I'll not think of that yet as it's still undecided.

On the good news front, had a fab time in London :D was lovely to visit new places and just do something different for a change. I also didn't blow my budget either and was thoughtful about what I bought, even managing to pick up a few Christmas presents.

Was nice to have a short week at work too, I'm back to full-time now and have a few deadlines looming so was tough to get focussed. Yet I spent the day yesterday doing tasks I'd been putting off, so I'm in much better shape going into next week.

I'm planning a restful weekend, with a good thorough clean of the house and planning our meals for next week. I'm afraid to say I've been lazy with the cooking this week, relied too much on takeaway and easy cook stuff. I'm craving a real, home cooked meal and some decent lunches to take to work :)

I had a real "couldn't be bothered" day on Thursday, was a crappy, very un-productive, just getting through it kind of day. Luckily these days are usually followed by a much sunnier, more motivated mood the next day and yesterday was much better. Sometimes you just have to accept not every day will be all butterflies, smiles and sunshine - that's okay, as those crappy days make the good even better :)

Hope you're all well, happy and having a good weekend :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Sounds like London was a great success. What a fab trip.
    I'm like you. I have a down day or two but then I pull myself up and end up having super positive days. Ebbs and flows...

Nice to see you back posting :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Good to see you back and how productive you are being. We are all getting a bit addicted to bullet journals, have you heard of them? They make you even more productive if that is even possible for you.

I'm going to start a thread on the in's and out's over the weekend, so hopefully you'll pop over.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Thanks DIA :) I'm determined to keep posting more regularly, it helps keep me focussed and stops me wandering off track. Hope all is good with you xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Hey Tink - yes, I've heard of the bullet journals and have seen some online - they look pretty cool and have lovely designs :) I'll pop over and find your thread, sounds like just what I need. How's things with you? Bet it's not long until your London trip now or have you been already? xxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Jumblerina wrote: »
    Hey Tink - yes, I've heard of the bullet journals and have seen some online - they look pretty cool and have lovely designs :) I'll pop over and find your thread, sounds like just what I need. How's things with you? Bet it's not long until your London trip now or have you been already? xxx

Six days and counting, so excited. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip there and even came back with money!!

I'm going to start the thread tomorrow, I've ran out of time now as I have been playing with my spreadsheet and trying to loosen the purse strings a little.

I love my bullet journal, I tried to use an A5 planner at one point but I just love my note book and I'm not even a quarter of the way through it yet.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Not long now Tink :) hope you have a great time, all the Christmas lights are up so you'll get a little festive magic too.

Sounds like a good idea - I'll keep an eye out for the thread :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Had a lovely lazy day, feeling thoroughly rested and ready to face the working week ahead :D I had planned on doing a little more cleaning and sorting, yet the house is still going to be here tomorrow and the next day, so I can just do the household jobs a little at a time.

Have cleaned the kitchen and made dinner today, OH has done the washing and made the bed. All that remains is to have a shower and make lunches for tomorrow. I've fallen off the wagon recently and have been buying too much coffee/food out. It makes me angry at myself sometimes as I could've just as easily made something to take to work.

Budget is very tight for the rest of the month, I'm determined to pay off the full balance on the credit card I use for monthly bills. Then I'll need to find £175 for a new radiator so our increasingly chewy puppy can go in the kitchen during the day :) plus I'll have to do a mini-budget for Christmas.

I know I can do it - just need a little planning and focus :) hope you're all having a lovely Sunday

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    I've kept up tracking my spending whilst I've not been posting, so can still do this weeks spending review. It's coming up on payday too, so I'll do a monthly review too.

Saturday 12 November
    Gift for puppy - £12

Sunday 13 November
    London Eye Admission - £25
    Book & shower gel - £24.99
    Christmas pressie - £9.99
    Gift for OH - £12.50
    Taxis in London - £19.19

Monday 14 November
    Breakfast out - £13.25
    Weekly shop - £98.27
    Petrol - £48.88

Tuesday 15 November
    Travel - £10
    Coffee - £1.25
    Takeaway - £11
    Lunch - £6.69
    Tea - £1.95

Wednesday 16 November
    Coffee - £1.10
    Lunch - £2.90

Thursday 17 November
    NSD

Friday 18 November
    Lunch & Coffee - £3.30
    Top up shop - £37.83
    Colleague birthday - £2

Total weekly spend: £326.09
    NSD: 1/7

This last week was super spendy! :eek: :eek: Particularly on food, with the weekly shop, top up, takeout, food out etc. I'm glad I've tracked it and realised it - I spent far too much and this week I'll be making a change.

I'll be taking my lunches to work, along with coffee in the morning and there will be no personal spending. I'll be doing a meal plan so we can eat out of the freezer in preparation for doing some batch cooking after we've emptied/de-frosted it.

I'm back to work full time now so haven't got the additional cost of travelling home, there's no reason why I can't have 6 no spend days next week :)

I'm going to commit to posting each day and thinking before I spend - it's going to take lots of little baby steps to get back on track.

Jumblerina xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport