A path out of the Jumble

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hiya,

Nothing like hot water is there? lol Glad you got your boiler sorted :)

How lovely of your mum to treat you.
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    How lovely of your mum Jumblerina. Does she have any interests or hobbies that you could buy a little something for?

Glad the boiler is mended and the repair man actually had the parts with his. That is a rare thing nowadays.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 11 October 2016 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Yay for hot water. Being without makes you appreciate it so much more :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Thanks ladies, was really lovely of my Mum :D I'm going to cook her a nice meal to say thank you and think of a gift I can get her. The blessing of hot water is no small one, had a lovely relaxing lavender bath :) you really don't realise how much you appreciate things until they're not working!

Been working on the sort part of my de-clutter, by helping my OH list some blu-rays for sale - he's been really good at letting them go. Think I may have inspired him with my recent de-cluttering efforts :) it's puppy class tomorrow night so I won't have any time to work on de-cluttering until Thursday.

I plan to....

- Have a clear out of the boiler cupboard and recycle/donate/trash anything I won't use
    - Have a sort through my clothes, since my de-clutter last month they're getting untidy and I know there's some things that need to go.
    - Clear out the Utility room cupboards, I only had a brief tidy through last month.
    - Swap out summer/winter clothes and use the now empty storage boxes on top of the wardrobe
    - Clear out the kitchen cupboards and recycle/donate/trash anything I won't use
    - Sort through the book shelf in the front room
    - Tidy desk in the spare room
    - Winterproof our Bell tent and tidy everything away in there
    - Put away garden waste bins until the Spring
    - Sort through my paperwork drawers

I'm sure my sort to-do list will be added to as I remember different things I need to do, yet it's a good start and will keep me busy. I'll also need to finish off updating the budget over the weekend, it's really important I stick to my personal spends budget. I've already got an extra days dog walking to pay for this week with having to be at home for the boiler repair today.

Hope you're all having a great week, can't believe it's Wednesday tomorrow!

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Morning Diary,

I'm writing this from a coffee shop, yes I gave in and decided to have a little treat (£3.99 for a soya milk latte and pain au chocolat). This used to be a regular thing, now I appreciate it more :)

I've got an extra hour to myself this morning as I'm starting a little later with me being in a workshop :) I've used this little extra space in an otherwise busy morning to practise a little mindfulness.

I'm finding it a really useful addition to my days, particularly as I've usually got quite a busy mind :rotfl:

Just taking the time to listen to the sounds, sights and things that are usually just in the background brings a certain amount of joy to your day :)

Attempting a little meditation on a busy train was a challenge but I'm glad I gave it a go - I'm feeling much clearer, calmer and happier in the moment. It's replaced that nice little boost I used to get from coffee until I switched to decaf ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Sounds perfect. I used to love a Pr3t almond croissant and a coffee in my pre gluten-free days. Bliss. I'm glad you had a nice treat :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

Just writing this as the shepherds pie cooks - it's officially Autumn :) had a good yet tiring day.

After going back and forth on whether or not to have my hair cut, I bit the bullet and had it done :D feeling much better for a good trim. Need to have a quick re-jig of my budget to make sure I come in on target.

While I was waiting I had my free drink in Caffe N@ro and passed the time people watching from the window.

After coming home to mop a very muddy floor the last think I wanted to do was cook. Yet I'm glad I did and there will be leftovers for tomorrow :)

Just got to make lunch for tomorrow and I'll be all set. Haven't really done much on the de-cluttering front the last two days. I'm out on Saturday with my friend so if I'm not too tired on Sunday, I'll tackle it then.

Hope you're all having a great week - looking forward to the weekend :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Jumblerina wrote: »
    Just taking the time to listen to the sounds, sights and things that are usually just in the background brings a certain amount of joy to your day :)

Ah that's lovely, thanks for the reminder :)

Your decluttering is going well I see :j
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Thanks OE :) a little mindfulness is certainly helping me as is the de-cluttering!
  • Jumblerina
    Jumblerina Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 16 October 2016 at 8:31AM
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Wow - it's been a busy spend week! Definitely need to get focussed again next week :)

Saturday 8 October
    Weekly shop - £67.18

Sunday 9 October
    NSD

Monday 10 October
    £1.20 - Granola & yogurt (didn't have time for breakfast!)
    £1 - Bus fare

Tuesday 11 October
    £5 - Bread, milk top up
    £5 - Lunch at Deli (treat for Mum)

Wednesday 12 October
    £7.50 - Travel (£4 work expenses)
    £3.99 - Latte & pastry (treat for me)
    £21 - floor brush & mop set

Thursday 13 October
    £4 - Travel
    £39 - Hair
    £1.40 - Bottle of water
    £39.99 - Gift for Mum

Friday 14 October
    £1 - Bus fare
    £26 - Vet bill

Total weekly spend: £217.86
    NSD: 1/7
    Takeaways: 0/7
    Lunch at work: 4/4

What went well this week
    Despite it being a spendy week, I've thought things through and all purchases have been a choice. With the one exception of breakfast on Monday :)

All my travel expenses have been for buses. I've avoided taxi travel, even when I'm tired and my legs are shaky. Fingers crossed my bus pass will be here soon :) I've felt glad of having a little savings pot for household expenses - had to buy a mop and bucket as my steam mop just wasn't cutting it when it comes to the amount of mud my puppy has been bringing in! Plus the unexpected vet bill!

What I've learnt this week
    I need to make sure I'm organised with my work routine to avoid unexpected purchases.

I spend £45 on gifts for my Mum to say thanks for the tablet. I set myself a budget of £50 and stuck to it :) lunch and a electric blanket are perfectly practical gifts she'll get use from.

I'm annoyed at myself for spending money on water when I could've just filled my bottle up at work! Will do that next week :)

Review of last weeks goals
    Aim for 4 NSD's - failed miserably
    Continue with spring clean of the house - have kept it generally tidy with being back at work. Will need to have a deeper clean today :)
    Puppy training sessions - done, my puppy is still bouncy but a ever so slightly more obedient bouncy :rotfl:
    Take lunches to work - done
    Stick to personal spend budget - went over the budget to get my hair done. Was totally worth it and I hadn't had it cut since April!

Next weeks goals
    Aim for 4 NSD
    Take lunches to work
    Keep up puppy training
    Daily tidy and de-clutter
    Look at budget - it's payday next week, already!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure