A path out of the Jumble

Options

Comments

• Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi J

Sounds like you have the purse strings as tight as me this month. I'm hoping for four no spends, Monday to Thursday until I go to London. Our lunches are in the fridge ready and everything that comes out of my bank this week will be in the budget.

I'm thinking of trying to post every day now, hopefully more positive now.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Sounds like you're in control and focussed there Tink :) I hope to take some inspiration from you - I'll pop over and catch up on your Diary soon, I've been so busy haven't had chance to catch up on what everyone has been up too!

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

The weather has been terrible today, torrential rain and wind! Despite it being dark for a large part of the day, I didn't let it dampen my spirits :)

I've had a productive and enjoyable day - getting rid of some of those lingering admin jobs at work I'd been putting off and the Afternoon with some fab people in a meeting. The day has absolutely flown by and I'm enjoying work at the moment, despite things still being uncertain with the re-structure. I've decided to only focus on what I can control, my immediate work, what extra projects I get involved in and who I spend my time with at work.

I feel lucky I can do that, as we have some flexibility over which office we work from and freedom to choose extra projects. I'm so very fortunate to have that option and will not take it for granted :)

Slight hiccup on the NSD, I chose an extra 20 minutes in bed for the cost of £2.90 for lunch in the work canteen. It was dark, I was comfy and I felt at the time it was a reasonable trade off - I've already made lunch for tomorrow and it's in the fridge :)

I'm going to make a point of doing the sandwiches every night, so if the lure of a warm bed and a lie in get too much - it won't hurt my pocket :rotfl: I'm back on early morning puppy duty from tomorrow, so there won't be much choice in when I get up!

I'm going to try and get some early morning meditation in, I always feel better after meditating but usually do it at night after work. I've read there are some real benefits to morning meditation - so I'm going to give it a go.

Hope you all had a good Monday and look forward to a happy Tuesday :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

Another good day at work, managed to get through all my admin and some good meetings this afternoon :) despite the uncertainty in my team at the moment following the re-structure, I'm still managing to focus on my job and making the most of the things I'm doing. It's so easy to get caught up in the mood of the team, especially for me as I'm like a sponge for people's emotions.
    So I'm happy that I'm staying more balanced and out of the drama that sometimes comes along with change at work.

I'm getting back into the money saving swing of things, with a NSD today :T it was almost a bust as I was very tempted to go buy a chocolate bar at lunch but I resisted :) I made dinner and tomorrow's lunch as soon as I got home - I find if I sit down it's so much harder to get back up again!

Had a lovely chat with my brother this evening, I feel so lucky to have such good people around me and my family is so important to me. After being ill this year, you realise who are the important people in your life as they're there for you when you really need it.

Having a chilled evening with my puppy while my OH is out, it's cold so I'm going to wrap up with a hot water bottle and the candles on :D I recently had a smart meter fitted and it's shocking how much my front room light uses! Candles are far more relaxing too :)

Hope you're all having a lovely evening

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

Yesterday was hectic so didn't get chance to post, it was a NSD though :) it's been a busy week at work and I haven't had a day working from home to break it up. Luckily I'm working from home tomorrow so I can get my admin done and rest a little.

I managed 2 NSD's in a row yet today was a spend day, we had to take our car in for a minor repair and got back late, so we grabbed some dinner on the way home for £9.95. Low spend and I've been carefully budgeting this week :)

Payday today, so I'm busy shuffling my money around with the goal of paying my monthly credit card in full, putting some aside for the new radiator and still put some money in savings. It's just about balancing out now :) just need to figure out a sensible budget for the remaining Christmas pressies I need to get and of course the Christmas food. Wow it seems like there's a lot to do with November's wages!

I'm super tired tonight as had a broken nights sleep, we decided to see if our puppy would sleep in our room and be settled (he usually sleeps downstairs). I've learned he's a little fidget, waking me up getting himself comfy through the night and by licking my face at 6.30am! It's a good job he's cute :D

So I'm going to watch a bit of TV and get an early night - hope you're all having a great week :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done on the NSDs :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Thanks DIA - hope everything is okay with you, need to catch up on your Diary :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

Hope you all had a good Friday and are looking forward to an even better weekend :D it's been a hectic week at work with fraught meetings and deadlines that come too quickly!

So the happiness at the news I bring you, has given me a lovely boost at the end of a busy week! My OH and I are getting married - we've got about 9 months to save :) so you'll be seeing quite the bit more of me on here as I rack up the NSD's and get some money saved!

It's such a lovely end to a difficult year for me, Christmas is one of our favourite times of the year and will be so nice to start planning our wedding in the new year :)

Hope you're all having a nice evening.

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Had a lovely relaxing Friday evening, home cooked food, a hot water bottled and N@tflix :) my online shop will arrive later this morning, I need to give the house a good clean and we're going to visit my OH's family either today or tomorrow.

We're making progress on eating from the freezer, can actually move some things around in there now :rotfl: it always amazes me how many meals you can make from your freezer contents! This weekend I plan on having a good tidy of our spare room, it's like the house dumping ground so gets untidy quickly and will make a start on a bullet journal. Thanks to Tink for the tips and lovely thread she's started :D

I also need to do my review of Novembers spending and set up my budget for December - it takes a while but is worth it and I hope the bullet journal will make it easier this month. I'm going to have to be super strict on my present and food budget for Christmas.

I've got £175 to pay for a new radiator and £550 in deposits to pay so that will dent my wages a fair bit, no major purchases planned for the new year so hopefully can re-coup some savings then :)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    That is amazingly fabulous news. I am so pleased for you! Congratulations! x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills