First signs of pregnancy? When did you get your BFP?

Options
Hi guys

I am looking for a little advice, my husband and i have been trying to conceive since Febuary, we did fall pregnant but in April sadly lost our pregnancy, we have since then been trying again, I am currently 12 days past ovulation and i swear i am not feeling "myself" there is something going on and i have symptoms but my tests are coming back negative

I was just wondering those of you with children when did you get your first positive and did you have symptoms?

Thanks
Never regret anything that made you smile ;)

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    with my first i was about 3 1/2 weeks past ovulation ( had been trying a year and kind of not expecting it so didn't test till then).

With my second i got one 12 days after .

I don't think I really had symptoms apart from feeling a bit crampy and like my period was coming.
  • chunkymonkey2144
    Options
    wendz86 wrote: »
    with my first i was about 3 1/2 weeks past ovulation ( had been trying a year and kind of not expecting it so didn't test till then).

With my second i got one 12 days after .

I don't think I really had symptoms apart from feeling a bit crampy and like my period was coming.

Yea thats what they say isnt it? when you are least expecting it, it happens.

12 days after is pretty quick!

Yea i was a bit crampy the other day but it quickly went away again. Ive had other symptoms as well but i am just sure if it's pregnancy or my period coming. Tested today 12 days after ovulation and bfn :(
    Never regret anything that made you smile ;)
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had a faint positive 10/11 days after ovulation. However some tests are much more sensitive than others so it can depend on which one you are using. Plus some people's bodies need extra time produce enough of the hormone to be detected. So 12dpo isn't ruled out.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • tallyho88
    tallyho88 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I had a very very faint positive line, and was very tired!
  • trenttsullivan
    Options
    It is the most memorable moment of our life when we get to know about our pregnancy. We should enjoy each and every moment of our life at our favorite place like beach wearing the perfect fit bikini and other apparels before our figure changes.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    It is the most memorable moment of our life when we get to know about our pregnancy. We should enjoy each and every moment of our life at our favorite place like beach wearing the perfect fit bikini and other apparels before our figure changes.
    So you're saying that as soon as a woman gets the first inkling she might be pregnant she needs to go shopping for the perfect bikini, and then go and take a pregnancy test on the beach to make it memorable? :rotfl:
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I felt a bit tired & my bras shrank...
    It took me a good 5 weeks to consider a pregnancy test as I'd been told I'd need medication. (In fact, a honeymoon. Ah well.)

As soon as you do know, go frock shopping with a camera phone packing pal & enjoy all those designer lines...
    Once you get to the blatantly pregnant stage, the big, blooming & somehow not always remembering you're pregnant stage (it does happen, & scares the bejesus out of male colleagues when they find you stood on a stack if chairs to change a lightbulb) then do the last "grown ups" holiday for a bit. Route 66, the pyramids - whatever you don't want to delay another 30 years for.
    Not MSE much, but having done a lot before children, I don't mind not travelling etc as much, IYSWIM.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Extreme tiredness, even before my period was due (wasn't tracking ovulation) then the sorest boobs in the world. Got a positive 2 days before period was due.

But then I produce a lot of HCG when pregnant which messes up all sorts of test results and 'enhances' (ha) symptoms.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    my baby's not here yet but I got the faintest of lines the day my period was due - its usually regular as clockwork so despite my regular period symptoms such as cramping, sensitive boobs and wanting sweet things I tested as there was no period.
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've never had any pregnancy symptoms, but I had a positive test a few days after my period was due.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure