Volotea flight delay compensation offer

Hi Guys,

Don't normally venture into this part of the forum but could do with some advice.

Me and my family were delayed for 5 hours coming back from Mallorca a few weeks back and I sent a copy of the claim letter template as per the guide, I have just received this email back and I'm not sure what to reply.

Dear Mr. ,

We acknowledge receipt of your claim of July 29th following the delay of the flight V7 9508 on June 4th and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you and the other passengers.

Volotea was scheduled to operate as normal and ensure its passengers suffer no disruptions. However, due to operational reasons, the aforementioned flight encountered a delay.

We realize that we did not meet our customers’ expectations of having a timely and positive trip.

For this reason, Volotea would like to offer 100, 00 EUR per person as compensation for the inconvenience caused as a result of the delay.

The payment will be made to the bank account of your choice. To do so, please confirm the name of the account holder, IBAN and SWIFT.

Once again, our sincere and unreserved apologies for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours sincerely,
Volotea

Marina

I could do with a bit of advice in how do respond.

Cheers.

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just tell them to read EU261/2004 to realise that they are 'selling you short'. They have admitted the delay was their fault - now they should pay the requisite amount.

The tone of your response is up to you. You could start softly and say "I think you have made an error" .... or go in hard and say "you thieving b******s.

Without knowing the number in your party and actual route the amount due cannot be advised but as a minimum it is €250 pp.
  • boundy
    boundy Posts: 187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I wasn't fussed about making a claim but we were told on plane they would contact us and they never did and then they wouldn't let us spend are refreshment vouchers on the plane.

They also let us get to the gate and onto the transfer bus before they realised they didn't have plane for us to get on. At that point we couldn't go back through the airport to where all the shops were. I was stuck trying to entaintain a 3 and 7 year old for 5 hours
  • boundy
    Dear Mr.

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our offer of compensation. However, after a further review of your claim, we regret to inform you that we must maintain the terms as outlined in our previous correspondence.

We reiterate our full readiness to pay the sum of 100,00 EUR for each passenger as compensation for the delay.

Once again, please accept our sincere and unreserved apologies for any inconvenience the delay of the flight may have caused you and the other passengers.

Yours sincerely,
    Volotea

Marina

Not sure what to do now?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    read Vauban's guide and issue NBA and read up on the court process or hand it to a NWNF
  • boundy
    Last crack before I go legal
    Dear Marina,

Thank you again for your reply. !I am very disappointed with your companies unwillingness to accept their customers legal rights. !

Please can I draw your attention to the following sections from your website.!

Section 12.3. III!

Compensation for delay:

in the event of delay, and in accordance with legal conditions, the Passengers will have the right to the compensations envisaged in Regulation 261/2004.

Likewise, in the event of delay, when this is beyond 5 hours, the Passenger may choose, within a period of 7 days, between a reimbursement of the flights pending use and of those already used (if there is no longer any reason for the trip), and carriage to the initial starting point.

Please see this link to your website where I found this information!http://www.volotea.com/en/legal-conditions/conditions-of-carriage/

As stated in your own published conditions of carriage "Passengers will have the right to the compensations envisaged in Regulation 261/2004"

Can you please confirm why Volotea will not pay the correct compensation as they are legally required to do and why Volotea are not following their own conditions of carriage?

Or could you please pay €250 per passenger, as legally required to by Regulation 261/2004, to bring this matter to a close.

Kind Regards,

Hopefully they see sense
  • boundy
    Dear Mr.

We acknowledge receipt of your email of today’s date.

Please know, however, that our position remains the same as per the terms outlined in our email of August 22nd.

Yours sincerely,
    Volotea

Marina

Not sure if I have the energy to bother fighting this.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As already stated just read Vaubans guide. A template Notice Before Action letter is in there. Fill it out and send it to them. If they refuse full compensation you can issue court proceedings or hand it to a No Win No Fee solicitor like Bott. As 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
  • Hi Boundy, I am in exactly same position as you, I have received the same letters. Have you taken any further action and had any more response from our friend Marina at Volotea? Thanks Julie
  • Same advice for you as on #8 otherwise you will end up playing Ping Pong with them.
  • Thanks Justice that was a quick reply. It's all a bit confusing I think I will take it to a no win no fee company as can't be bothered with the hassle as this started in June. I have just looked at the guide and NBA letter but don't think Volotea have a UK office and I think the guide says write to the CEO in the U.K.
    It's so annoying they won't pay up and think we will accept a lesser amount. I had a similar claim with BA last year and to their credit they paid up immediately.
    Any recommendation for best NWNF company?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure