"Start wherever you are and start small"

Options

Comments

• NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    13/10/16

To do list:

[STRIKE]-Input milage for the past month.
    - Update my work diary.
    - Organise work diary and notes.
    - Pick up new uniform. [/STRIKE]
    - Search for building and content insurance quotes for my mum and find a like for like policy.

Last one is currently going underway now. Today has been a NSD.
    Never underestimate the ability of what you can achieve.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    :grinheart
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    "Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid of only standing still"

So the past few days have been pretty hectic. Actually the last week has to be honest. Most days I've managed to spend something one way or another . It's time to turn over a new leaf. I've also sabotaged my diet when all was going well so it's time to jump back on the bandwagon with that too.

The quote I chose today relates with me alot. It's the small steps that count in life. I need to stop being so harsh with myself.

It's weird sometimes, when I had my car PCP loan I'd just happily allow the usual payments to go out each month and I'd never overpay. Since I've changed over to the loan at the cheaper rate, it's like I want to overpay as much as possible. It's become an obsession which I suppose is good in some ways. In other ways it's not. I need to find a good balance.

I've made another overpayment, albeit a small one of £16.81.

I've already started receiving extra income ready for next months budget pot. I've stashed it away to the side for now (things like child benefit, child maintenance etc).

And sadly, I've just received a phone call to say my aunt has passed away during the night. It was expected as she'd been poorly and had admissions numerous times this year. It was the kindest thing for her. It just makes you feel a bit numb.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    "Family is not an important thing. It's everything"

I love this quote. It's easy to not always see the importance of family. Don't get me wrong, some family members can drive you absolutely insane but when time gets rough there are always the same relations who are there for you and support you. I'm so grateful for the support I received when doing my training. It was a hellish three years but I got through it and since then I've had a few ups and downs and self doubt.

But also I'm mostly grateful for my son. He's the reason I muddle through most days and we have a fantastic bond. Sometimes I feel like I don't give him enough but deep down I know I do. I need to slow down and be a bit more patient with him and spend our time wisely. It's easier said than done when I'm working full time and I'm exhausted after work and everything else. I used to carry guilt over being a single parent, that thankfully has passed. The reason he is who he is today is mostly down to me.

He's a funny little boy who's so caring and tries his hardest in everything he does. His eyes are always bright and he's such a curious and interested individual. I want him to learn and experience things as much as possible.

I just love him lots.

--

17/10/16

I had quite a busy day at work however all my travel milage is now up to date as well as my work diary. I'm one step closer to being organised there!

I also filled up with petrol yesterday as I was close to empty. £20 spent there and it should hopefully do me for the week. I'd like to keep a closer eye on my petrol usage. Most of the journeys I make are short ones due to the job I do as I make several visits each day. It's easy to let good habits slide though so I'll refresh my memory on the MSE guide.

Last night I also managed to get a good 11 hours sleep which was needed. I feel a lot better for it this morning.

To do list: 18/10/16

- Move money around in bank accounts.
    - Review spending and plan ahead for half term next week.
    - Chase up uniform that hasn't arrived! (Only half arrived).
    - No snacking on naughty foods.
    - Have lunch at home.
    - Text friend to bring training related paperwork for tomorrow.
    - Input today's milage and write in diary.
    - Play board games with son.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Morning!

Currently up to 8 NSD so far this month. I believe my target was 15 so I hope to achieve this. I was doing really well but then over the weekend I was just feeling meh. Back on it though.

Yesterday was a NSD and today should also be. My car is filled with petrol and I'm up to date with everything else.

I'm currently experiencing some pain where I've had 2x previous ops this year. I'm hoping it will calm down soon and that there's nothing wrong with it. I've had endless troubles all year! I need go chase up my outpatient appointment for December. Sadly my consultant is very busy so I'm wondering if it will be January before I see him. I'm not sure it will hold on so long.

I had quite a fun afternoon at work yesterday as we had an afternoon round to complete. I just casually got into someone else's car. Haven't laughed so much in ages!

Today I'm at work related training all day. Hopefully should get free tea and coffee :).

My weigh day is Friday morning. I did not weigh last week as I hadn't been that well or committed to healthier eating. We also had a few family parties to attend which involved food. I'm back on the band wagon now though!

I've checked my bank accounts and all is looking well. There are 12 days left in the month and all is looking well. I was worried it would be a tight month. Which in ways it has been but I've managed.

I get paid next Wednesday. Hopefully today I should be able to see what I will be paid (We can usually check online the week beforehand). I also have the extra income this week from the extra shift I worked last Friday night. Well I hope I do, the people whom dealt with it managed to !!!! it up royally. I am going to put some of it aside towards savings, some towards holiday fund (due March 2017), and some towards a overpayment to the loan.

My son breaks up for half term this Friday and I am off next week. I'll make sure we do plenty of fun things. I have the leeway to do this. And hope we have a good time. I'll think about that later.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 9 NSD. I was nearly tempted to buy lunch during training day but didn't. I'd brought stuff with me and munched my way through that but it was so tempting to get a hot meal. Although the choice did put me off. It was more to eat with the people I was with haha!

I've still been playing around with the snowball calculator. I like to see the numbers come down haha! However I'm becoming a tad bit too obsessed. I must stop. However just a 100 overpayment on the usual direct debit can shave a year off the original debt free date (Sep 2020) bringing it to Sep 19. Sep 19 is my ultimate goal however I'll most likely want to beat this. Who knows what life may throw at us during the mean time?

Today I'm back at the usual place of work. I'm taking it easy this morning and enjoying a good cuppa!!

Things to do:-

- Chase up wages (they've messed up again :( and will no longer advance)
    - Chase up my outpatient appointment with consultant.
    - Input milage.
    - Organise work diary.
    - Take some time for myself.

And relax more than anything. I'm pretty sore again today. I'm not sure if my wound is playing up. It looks inflamed. I'll patch it up best as I can and get an appointment.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    "You have to let people go. Everyone who is in your life is meant to be a part of your journey. However not all of them are meant to stay until the end."

This quote makes me feel sad at times but it's true. People come and go at different stages of your life. Sometimes you want them to stay forever but it's not that simple. Sometimes I feel scared to meet new people. Other times I find it really easy. It's weird. The truth is I love meeting new people. I find them interesting no matter where they come from or what they're journey entails. I suppose in some ways this can relate to here. We're all here for one reason or another. Maybe through choice or sometimes it's choices made outside of our hands. The best bit is we all help, encourage and support one another through different journeys. That's what I like about these boards. Each person brings something different to the topic of conversation. It's a boost. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, whether it takes 6 months or 4 years.

--

Yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 10 NSD. I made lunch for me and a colleague on our lunch break. I don't usually invite people back to my home but I thought it would save her some money and we had a good chat.

Last night my sons hobby was cancelled so we sat together and he wrote a story (well he rewrote goldilocks and three bears in his own words). I've never seen him write so much. We then did some junk modelling and made a 'rocket' out of recycled materials. Afterwards we went up to bed and for some reason or another he sneaked into my bed so we read some poems and talked about things in life. He's always asking questions. He questions everything you do and wants to learn. It can be frustrating sometimes but I'm glad he's wanting to learn. He shows interest in many areas. I just need to find time and ways to enhance these.

We haven't done much together in a while so tonight we may go to the cinema and watch a film if the times are right. He wants to buy the expensive sweets there with his birthday money haha! I've told him we'll pick something up from the sweet stash we somehow build at home.

As expected I've not been paid today for the extra shift I undertook. I will phone up today as I can't even see my payslip for next week for my main job which I usually can. It's so frustrating and I'm losing the will to live. This will be the second time they've messed up. And they state they will no longer do advances of payment. It has to go above board. Oh the joys.

In other news money wise I still have extra left in my accounts and may well end up with leftover at the end of the month. This will be divided between savings and extra debt payments.

Bye for now!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    A quick one from me!

I still need to phone payroll. It's really bugged me.
    I've just had my lunch break at home and had a jacket potato with tuna. My total weightloss is now 9lb since a month ago. I'm happy with that. My clothes are looser. If I tried harder I could lose more but things are hectic lately.

Life seems so busy and hectic lately. I honestly don't know where time goes.

I need to input my milage from the past couple of days. I've been a bit lax. Oops.

Off I go back to work.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • Cailbhinn
    Options
    All the best NU for you DFD of Sept 19! Scary how your story has striking similarities. The nurse bank used to mess up my wages every week! They seem incapable of actually paying what's due.
    Starting Debt (31 Oct 2016) - £12,956 | Current Debt (31 Jan 2017) - £10,465 (20% paid)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How old is your son NU? He sounds fab. And so do you. I am always so impressed by all single parents. You are incredible.

Love all the quotes. Sorry about your Aunt. Keep kicking!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Argh stressful day. My wages are messed up again (main ones) and I've been taxed way too much but it's a complicated situation. I sometimes wonder why I bother!

I feel rubbish tonight, nothing hopefully a good sleep won't sort out.

The story my son spent aged writing he didn't get to read. I don't really think much of the teaching so far this year. Sadly because I work 9-5 mostly I'm never there for pickups. I've asked numerous times for certain things to get nothing back.

Aside from that tonight we've had homemade pizza. We didn't go to the cinema in the end. We're going to keep the options open for the weekend.

Goodnight.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business