"Start wherever you are and start small"

Options

Comments

• NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    I start work in just over two hours. I've been pondering around the MSE boards this morning. It's not been a massively productive morning ha ha!

I've had some porridge for breakfast with some raspberries and strawberries which needed using up. I'm not too sure what I'll have for lunch just yet. I'm feeling like I'm in a picky mood today food wise.

The cold weather seems to be creeping upon us now! I've made sure I'm wrapped up all snuggly in my dressing gown. My feet feel so cold though, although I hate slippers and anything too restrictive on my feet. I can just about manage shoes haha.

We're away visiting family this weekend. It's been a bit last minute and I guess there will be some additional unnecessary expenses I've not thought about. However family time is precious.
    Never underestimate the ability of what you can achieve.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    :grinheart
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    5/10/2016

Another successful NSD bringing my total to 3 NSD so far this month. I finished my night shift exhausted. I did not get home for my break but I refrained from spending too :D. I did not even have any cake that was offered, which makes a change!

6/10/2016

Today should be a LSD. I just have my weekly weigh in after work which is £4.95. I'm hoping for at least another 2lb loss.

My loan payment has also come out the bank today. However as I went to transfer the money over they've took around £20 less than the original direct debit amount. I'm not quite sure why as the funds are definitely there! I'll contact them later and question why. I don't want it looking bad on my part when I'm already ready to make another overpayment.

I'll also have breakfast and lunch at home as planned. I'm not sure what yet though. I might just have some nibbles and snacks today rather than large meals.

Not much else to report for now!;)
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    6/10/16

Yesterday ended up being a NSD bringing my total to 4 NSD. I decided that I'm not going back to the groups to be weighed. All I do is get weighed and go home as I don't feel massively comfortable in the therapy type group after being weighed. I basically pay £4.95 to be weighed. After discussing with my mum we've decided we will weigh myself on a Friday morning each week and will put the money I would have spent in a jar. Aside from that whatever I lose weight wise I will put the same into these jars and let it build up and save up for a treat for doing so well. I.e. a haircut etc.

07/10/16

So this morning I've weighed myself and I've lost 3 1/2lb. My total weightloss now is 7 1/2lb in two weeks. I'm happy with that. This last week has been a bit tricky as I've had a lot going on but I'm going to keep on track as much as possible.

After I finish work today, we've my sons extracurricular and then we shall head straight home and get ready to set off this evening to visit family for the weekend.

I've no planned spends for today but all could change. I'm hoping for it to be a NSD and then whatever we decide tomorrow I won't be thinking too much about it. I have money set aside for these things.

I'm still unable to make an overpayment to loan as last payment still outstanding. I'm still unsure why it took a lower amount. I'll just add it to the overpayment.

That's all for now!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So no I've not updated this over the past couple of days as I've been away visiting family! I've kept spending to a low even though there were plenty of temptations!

07/10/16

Friday finished off a NSD bringing my total now to 5 NSD this month. Straight away after work we set off travelling and by time we got there it was late so we went straight to bed after a cuppa.

08/10/16

We went shopping to an outlet place for the day and then to mini golf. I did not buy anything as I don't currently need anything. I was tempted to buy some shoes for work but my current ones have plenty of life left in them yet!

Though we did have tea out which came to around £20 including drinks. Not too bad I must say.

Although I've had a poor diet over the past two days. Surprisingly I'm glad to get back to the healthy eating.

09/10/2016

We arrived back home lunchtime. I'll be spending the afternoon resting as I'm absolutely exhausted.

I've finally made an overpayment of £183.10 towards the loan (now it's let me!). That will take around 2/3 days to process so now I'll start again and transfer any spare pennies left over in the bank accounts whenever I check and let it build up to make a further overpayment before the end of the month :)
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    09/10/2016

Yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 6 NSD this month so far. I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and did not venture out the house or buy anything online. The overpayment to my loan is in a separate account budgeted for so I do not class that as a spend.

Then later on in the evening we noticed we had a big leak in the kitchen :(. We've located the leak and turned off all water for now until someone can come look at it.

10/10/16

Today will most likely incur some spends. I have a hospital appointment at 11am during work time and I also have a busy day work wise. I need to also get some petrol and may nip to @ldi for some fruit as we've run very low.

Fingers crossed for my hospital appointment.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    I'm having a rubbish day and it's only lunch time!

I'm feeling pretty stressed with work and alot of other things. This is the only place I can offload really.

My hospital appointment went okay. I've to go back in two months and then we'll review where to go next, it may be further surgery.

I just feel pretty low today. My workload is so heavy and I feel like I'm not going to have enough time to do everything.

I'm hungry but I'm not really in the mood for eating much.

I just want my bed if I'm honest. I think as soon as I finish work I'm going to head home and coop up in my room.

Can today be over yet?
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So I did not sleep well last night. The day went so so.

I still need to get petrol and whatever else. I also need to pick up my new uniform.

I have lots to do and I feel like I'm drowning.

I must get organised. My grey cloud is back for some reason.

I want it to go away.

Money wise, everything is going okay. Yesterday was a low spend day. £6 on making my eyebrows return to some decent state and not like caterpillars.

I probably need to step back and focus on myself.

I'll update when I feel more human.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    11/10/2016

So yesterday I spent £20 on petrol which is my usual weekly petrol budget. No other spends aside from that.

Work was busy and rather stressful again. I've a few things to catch up on.

12/10/16

I'm not working until the afternoon today so I'm debating whether to have a nap or not.

I'm still not sleeping well. However after today I have two days holiday. Woo!

There's not much else going on for me at the moment. Life's a bit quiet and dull. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Today I've got a bit of a clearer head thank goodness. It's amazing how spending time with some other people can cheer you up.

I've two days holiday now. I'm going to spend them catching up on things and get myself more organised.

I'm also going to catch up with a friend who I've not seen properly for a couple of months. We'll most likely have a coffee at their house then go for a walk.

My debt balance now stands at £11872.99 after paying off £517.19 already. I hope by the end of the month I can pay an additional £72.99 to round it off to £11800.

Here is my to do list for today.

- Input milage for the past month.
    - Update my work diary.
    - Organise work diary and notes.
    - Pick up new uniform.
    - Search for building and content insurance quotes for my mum and find a like for like policy.

I'll keep it short for today.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So far:-

- Input milage for the past month.
    - Update my work diary.
    [STRIKE]- Organise work diary and notes.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Pick up new uniform[/STRIKE].
    - Search for building and content insurance quotes for my mum and find a like for like policy.

I've been busy this morning and nipped out to collect my new work uniform and grab some bits in the office. I've gone through all my paperwork I've accumulated from work this past month and organised it. I just need to input it into my diary and then later on add it all onto my work expenses for travel.

I'm about to make a sandwich and then head out for a walk with my friend and for a catch up.

I've also booked some extra shifts in upcoming weeks for work. This includes a night shift tomorrow. It's at an enhanced rate and the extra money will come in handy to further pay down debts and put towards savings/Christmas.

I'm not going to do too much though. The night shifts aren't that bad in the area I've chosen to work.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business