"Start wherever you are and start small"

Options

Comments

• ab_saver
    Options
    Good luck - I'm really enjoying your diary and love the quotes! :)
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    It's looking like I won't be paid properly this month as work have messed up my payroll and not sorted it. Frustrated is not the word. They'll have to advance me for this month but it messes up my next pay massively. I'm not impressed.

There isn't much to report on from my side. I'm plodding along as usual.

I've kept all extra money aside this month to go towards next months budget so I'm working a month ahead. Once I know what pay I shall receive next week I can sort out the final budget and see if numbers add up.

I may see about cutting down the amount of activities my son does. It's costing me alot each month. He does enjoy it but it's taking up our evenings alot and is very expensive. There must be some way around it. We'll see.
    Never underestimate the ability of what you can achieve.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    :grinheart
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So last night I plucked up the courage to join a slimming club and I even went on my own. I was totally nervous and wanted to run out the front door, but I didn't. I wasn't at all shocked at my weigh in, it was to be expected. I've set my overall target weightloss to be 4 stone 9lb (so 65lb in total). I'm aiming for a 3lb loss next week.

I feel determined this time. I've gone to the group off my own back and by myself. Alot of people in my office are doing it and I thought if you can't beat them, join them. I've always brushed my weight off to the side. 3 years ago I lost over 3 stone but sadly put a lot back on due to emotional eating lol.

With this I'll have to be organised and cook proper meals. I've a habit lately of picking at food and not eating proper meals. My body will probably have a shock this week.

So in a way I'm going to track a couple of things in my diary. I need to be MSE smart when it comes to the food aspect as I don't want my food expenses to go up an awful lot. I want to try and find ways to do this within a budget and stick to it.

--

Other things going on. I had a bit of a spendy day yesterday, 6.99 on a diary cover which is essential for work (I scoured the web and all others were around £14.99).

I also bought an outfit for my sons upcoming show, £8.25 (All others sites were charging 12.99, so I saved myself some pennies there).

I'm working 9 till 5 today and then tonight we are out from 5pm to 9pm with a mixture of my sons hobby and the local fireworks show.

I've recieved a small tax rebate of £42.60 so I've moved that over to a separate bank account. I've also moved the extra pennies over to a separate account- they all add up and each time it reaches over £10 I transfer this to pay off my debt. Little and often as they say.

I've just had my weetabix and I'm off to get ready for a busy day ahead at work. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop and take a breather today. We'll see.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    After writing my last post I decided to use the tax rebate money and money from the account I move spare change across, to pay some off my loan. So that's another £55.00 paid.

£12395.87
    £12350.00
    £12295.00

I'm feeling good.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So yesterday was a busy day and quite spendy, woops.

First we went food shopping and I bought lots of meat from our local butchers which will last us about 2 months, £45.

Then I went and exchanged a bag, rather than forget about it (strap had broken and son hardly uses it except for school). Whilst in the shop I saw a pair of boots reduced from £75 to £25 so I bought them myself. I used to have lots of boots but I've always worn them down and now all but one pair are in the bin. Now I have this new pair the others can go in the bin as they're on their last legs. These new ones were just what I was looking for and are proper leather.

Then I also had a present to buy for a family birthday party which I spent £12 on. We went to the party which was fun.

Then we came home and went to another local fireworks display with my mum and had a hot drink whilst waiting, £5.69 for three drinks and an ice cream for my son.

All in all a good day, if a bit spendy.

--

Today I'm working. My son has another birthday party to attend so I'll put £10 into a card I think as I've been rubbish at planning this one.

My diet is going pretty well, I just need to get used to it properly and be organised. Tonight when I finish work I'll start writing out a meal plan for the week ahead. I get weighed on Thursdays. I'm hoping for a small loss, anything is better than nothing.

Not much else to report apart from my naughty spends, woops.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So yesterday was a good day. I did a lot of mileage though at work so will need to get some petrol today. I'm averaging about £20 a week including work milage which isn't too bad! I just need to input my mileage at work to be paid next month once they've sorted it all out for me.

I also only put £5 in the card for my sons friend. I figured we don't know him that well and it seems to be the average amount people put in at birthdays. I just sometimes feel bad however I need to think more about myself and my outgoings.

So yesterday was a NSD. Today should be aside from petrol which is budgeted for.

5 more working days till I get a day off, I can't wait if I'm honest. I feel so tired.

However I'm being organised food wise and have been prepping and planning meals. So not all is lost!

Will check bank balances later and update them.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello NU, just catching up with things.. Glad to hear the diet is going ok, I need to get going again once I've moved and know my shifts at work, eating and spending are my two biggest downfalls!

Looks like you have a good plan in place :) keep going!

Welly x
    :wave:
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    I didn't put petrol in the car yesterday, I just had a very busy day at work.

Today I'm not feeling great. On Friday I had a Gp appt and was told I had an ear infection. I've been given antibiotics and have one day left to take but my ear is still painful. Alongside that last night I started with pains in my chest, especially when I breathe in. I feel knackered at the moment. I'm so tired I could sleep for a week.

I think I'm going to go into work and speak with the team leader and see about taking a half day of annual leave. I need to get back to the doctors and sort myself out.

Ill definitely need petrol today though. So not much update from me.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So I went into work this morning and literally fell apart and became so overwhelmed. I started with hot flushes and had a really bad earache and headache. My chest pain was also intermittent so ended up being taken to the hospital by one of my coworkers for an assessment. I had all my bloods checked, ecg and a chest xray which all came back normal. The doctor thinks it's a combination of being run down/having 3 infections in a month (3courses of antibiotics) and viral so I've been told to rest.

I feel like I can't but I know I have to. It's pretty rubbish only being a month into the job and having sick already but I guess you have to look after yourself.

Also it's suppose to be payday tomorrow and I won't be paid. They've messed up and I don't have a payroll number to be paid too. Let's hope they can sort this out. I've been onto the relevant people who should hopefully sort it.

I'm going to use my time to rest and recuperate.

Spends today: £5.20 getting a taxi back from hospita.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • Hello NeverUnder ... loving your diary and the quotes ... good luck, now subscribed x
    Barclaycard CC TBC
    Santander CC TBC
    JD Williams TBC
    Evans CC TBC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business