"Start wherever you are and start small"

Options

Comments

• NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    "Develop an 'Attitude of Gratitude'. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you".

Sometimes we forget the small things in life and forget to say thank you. Those two words go a very long way to brightening up someone's day, especially with a smile!!

--

I'm working 12.5 hours today. I can't say I'm looking forward to it. However it's extra money in my back pocket. I'll most likely be moved away from the area I've booked which is annoying- I think I have the option of saying no and going home. Will see how I feel when I get there.

I've been pondering along wondering what small goals I can make. I've thought of a couple.

- Bring debt down to 12000 (Oct 31st).
    -Bring debt down to 16000 (November 30th).
    - Bring debt down to 11200 (December 31st).

- Bring debt down to 10800 (Jan 31St)
    - Bring debt down to 10400 (Feb 28th)
    - Bring debt down to 10000 (March 31St).

That gives me 6 small goals to make each month. If I have more spare money left over each month I'll pay off extra. I've given myself a 6 month time frame to get the debt to £10000. Knowing me I will attempt to hack this harder.

We'll see.
    Never underestimate the ability of what you can achieve.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    :grinheart
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    It makes a lot more sense to move debt on lower APR as you'll be spending less in the long run. I also got why you paid off the 0% credit card! I can't wait until mine is paid off and gone!!!

Well done on setting small goals too - makes it feel much more reasonable and achievable!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Yesterday I had quite a mentally draining day. I feel so exhausted from it all. I didn't get home until 10pm but I then couldn't switch off until the early hours.

Today I'm back at my new job and going solo today rather than shadowing. I'm pretty excited if a bit nervous.

I need to get petrol today at some point. I've a separate account with £82.80 in. I'll use that money to budget for petrol/food spends for the rest of the month.

I need to organise myself and my car and sort out a home for everything I'll need. I need to write a list of what to do.

I'm trying hard not to look at my savings after paying off all other debts. It's one less outgoing each month. It's hard mentally to get my head around it to be fair.

I'll no doubt update later.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    I feel a bit more awake this afternoon. I've had a busy morning and I've only just sat down.

My uniforms took a hammering as my pen burst. Someone suggested putting alcohol gel on and then to wash on hot wash. So that's currently soaking and I'll whack it in the wash soon.

Things I need to do:

- Label sons uniform.
    - Print off uniform ordering forms.
    - Book annual leave.
    - Organise my case for work.
    - Sort out my travel mileage.
    - Get petrol.

I've a few other bits to do. I just need to think what.

I hope to slow down this afternoon.. Or maybe not.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Hello.

Yesterday was hectic. I never even stopped at work and did not get any of the things I need to do, done. I'll be playing catch up today.

Yesterday ended up a NSD. I didn't even find the time to fill my car with petrol. I'll do that this morning as the petrol lights come on! Oops.

There's not much going on in regards to the money front. All my payments have finally left my bank account. I need to reorganise my budget for next couple of weeks.

I think I'm going to look at doing some extra hours at some point too to boost my income.

I also have a holiday to save for which is due to be paid March 2017. I can't wait for this holiday. I have the money in savings but I'll work extra hours and set the money aside that way and aim to build that up whilst paying off debt.

Not much else from me for now.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Morning,

It's going to be a warm day here after the wonderful thunderstorms last night! I can't cope in this weather if I'm honest in my thick uniform, it's not summer friendly at all.

I've got a couple of things on my list to do which are still outstanding. Hopefully today it will remain quiet at work so I can get these done. I need to speak to my line manager about a few things.

I've moved money around to other accounts ready for next months budget. I have one outstanding payment awaiting which is at the end of the month (aside from my wages). I need to get my line manager to contact payroll or else I will not be sorted. Until then I can't even add travel expenses as according to the payroll department I don't even have a full time position. How stressful.

I'll also need to rework the budget for October now my other debts are paid off. But I suppose that can wait.

Aside from that I've not much to update. My life seems pretty boring.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    So I've been awol again for 5 days.

I've had a lot on my mind and a lot going on. I can feel myself falling back into a low mood and I need to stop this. I need to get back into the routine of early nights to ensure I'm getting enough sleep. From Friday night to now I must have slept around 32 hours, which was clearly needed.

I have a rotten headache which won't go away and just generally feel rubbish.

My spending has been a bit up and down. I've grabbed a coffee here or there when I'm feeling rubbish and on Saturday we went out for an afternoon treat which was £10.

Yesterday I spent the day chilling out and was ultimately zonked. I was in a pretty foul mood.

I've had quite a bit going on personally and feel like I'm sinking rather than swimming. I just want to keep my head above the water.

My aim for this week is to just cut out unnecessary spends. We have two birthday parties to attend this weekend so that should keep us busy. As well as a lot of other planned events.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    Update.

Zopa Loan

Initial Balance: £12395.87.

I made an extra payment of £45.87 today which brings my current total balance to: £12350.00.

Every little helps.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    I've been playing around with loan calculator over payments. If I pay a total of £400 each month this reduces my loan repayments from 48 payments to 31 bringing my debt free date to 03/2019. That equals 31 paydays looking at it from that point of view. That is my ultimate aim and to pay that at least each month.

I also think on top of that I'm going to split any overtime I do into 3 parts- half into savings, quarter extra loan repayment and quarter treat money for my son and I so we don't feel too hard done buy. I want to carry on building up savings as hopefully I'll be looking to buy a house by 2020.

Other goals I've thought of if I crack on and work harder:
    - Knock loan down to £11000 by December 31st 2017.
    - Knock loan down to £9500 by March 31st 2017.
    - Knock loan down to £8000 by June 30th 2017.
    - Knock loan down to £6500 by September 30th 2017.
    - Knock loan down to £5000 by December 31st 2017.

These would both mean finding an extra 100 per month to attack the debt with aside from the £400 a month I'd pay. It's not set in stone goals, the original is to pay £400 a month off. But it's nice to have extra targets if I can push myself further. Of course things can always happen in this time frame. But one can dream.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • NeverUnderestimate
    Options
    It's also time to draw a line over my past. It's officially gone and I'm closing that chapter. I'm going to concentrate on myself and my family/friends.

My plan re savings is to carry on adding £200 a month to help to buy isa. And save £200 a month into an emergency fund. So a total of £400 a month. It's do able.

After I've also paid my holiday for next year I'm not looking at booking any further abroad holidays until I'm totally straight.

I think that's enough for one early morning thinking.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business