Facing up and cracking on

Options

Comments

• remote_control
    Options
    Weight
    Lost just under 2lbs this week so about half a stone to go which is brilliant.

Money
    No extra debt payments, yesterday was highs and lows, some unexpected income and some unexpected expenditure!
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi remote control. As well as receipt hog the shoppix app is good for taking picture of receipts. I don't get much with receipt hog but I've had £10 with shoppix so far. I don't use swagbucks but have you tried prolific academic? I've earned over £100 on that so far!
    Also make sure you have TopCashback as it's a good way to make money! You're doing so well keep it up mrs :-) xx
  • remote_control
    Options
    Pay day! wahoo. That nice bit of the month where the balance looks good before everything goes out. I made a few extra debt payments just now, rounded down one of the cards that wasn't a round number, paid off a card that we can now close (as we did a balance transfer).

Debt is now:
    Card 1: 2790
    Card 2: 5900
    Card 3: 3107.21
    Card 4: 7600
    Total: 19397.21 All on 0%. Can't wait to be in the 18s.

I'm doing shoppix now and swagbucks. Both are sooooo slow. However I will plod on until I get my 1% for card 3 (£39).

Weight
    Had a few bad days over the weekend. They weren't really bad, just how I want to eat e.g. pizza one day, some cake at a party. I'm always much more restrained on the days I work though in the week.
  • remote_control
    Options
    Getting family members on board is a bit of a struggle at the moment. I think having the debt on 0% makes it seem like much less of an issue. Obviously it would be silly to have it any other way but I do need to somehow make them see we do actually need to pay it off - not least for my own sanity!!

Debt really hasn't gone down and weight is similar. I think this is all post bank-holiday blues! That's the trouble when it is such nice weather!
  • remote_control
    Options
    MAJOR family not on board issues. What can I do?
  • Working_Mum
    Working_Mum Posts: 560 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry but I have just caught up on your thread ((hugs))
    MAJOR family not on board issues. What can I do?

How does this manifest itself??

What are the things you think the family members do which is jeopardising or sabotaging your debt free journey??
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you laid out how long there is until the 0% expires and then give an idea of the interest cost if you can't shift to another 0%, or even the fees for shifting? Would that help?

What keeps us motivated is understanding how well we will be able to live once the debt is gone. Not having to say 'no' to takeaway when the kids want it because its another 15 to the debt would feel amazing...

That's a bit rambling - I hope you get my point :o
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• remote_control
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. We have had a very frugal month and our end of month budget was in the black by over £1000 which was great. So we're out of our overdraft now and the debt is going down slowly.

Debt as of 1st June £18197.14

1. £2589.14
    2. £2690
    3. £5600
    4. £7318
  • remote_control
    Options
    In the limbo time where we wait for payments to go out. Really nice to be well out of our overdraft finally.

I've done one survey tonight. Nothing left to ebay (that I can think of). Might get rid of some of the stuff I have been relisting for 2 years. Would like to prioritise more reading to get rid of my massive pile of books I want to read. I'm so bad at making time for it.

Nothing else to report. Just a waiting game. I just want to pay it all off, then the mortgage, then go on lots of holidays. Plus do up the house. Need to work on living in the here and now and not wishing it all away.
  • remote_control
    Options
    Not a lot to report, very very close to being under £18k which is very exciting, and also where we started at the beginning of the year before spending a ton of money on the house.

I did get rid of the things I have been relisting on ebay for over 3 years. It feels a shame as they were in near new condition and I paid a lot of money for them but nevermind. I love getting rid of things and the house is a bit more empty so that is a win.

OH is still very much on board which is great. I am relaxing a little bit though now as we have set up fixed payments on all the debts totaling £621 a month. This gives a DFD of Nov 2020 and any ebay or surveys I get I pay off my card for the 1% challenge so this date should only move closer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback