• remote_control
    Options
    1/30 listed on eBay, really scraping the barrel to find anything
  • remote_control
    Options
    Make that 2/30 listed on eBay
  • remote_control
    Options
    Feeling a bit meh with it all so am going to start posting daily if you don't mind!

Anyone want to pay off £20k with me and lose 10lbs?

Weight
    Went for a run
    Had a sensible sized lunch but did have a second breakfast with a friend!
    Last of the chocolate to go tonight!

Money
    NSD
    Dinner from scratch (so hopefully cheaper)
    Internet banking details arrived for new balance transfer card
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Feeling a bit meh with it all so am going to start posting daily if you don't mind!

Anyone want to pay off £20k with me and lose 10lbs?

Weight
    Went for a run
    Had a sensible sized lunch but did have a second breakfast with a friend!
    Last of the chocolate to go tonight!

Money
    NSD
    Dinner from scratch (so hopefully cheaper)
    Internet banking details arrived for new balance transfer card

Go on then, I'm in! Rather more than £20k to shift (but on the case), and 10lbs to jettison too. Today's exercise substitute was tackling the garden :)
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • remote_control
    Options
    Great One-Step. Let's do this! I have subscribed to your diary.

Feeling much better today

Weight
    Ate cake
    Went for a walk around the block in the rain
    Soup for lunch

Money
    Balance transfers pretty much gone through and have set up fixed payments on all the cards which totals £621 a month. We should be able to manage this and it gives a DFD of Dec 2020 so I'm excited about getting this date down. Seems straightforward now in a way.
  • remote_control
    Options
    Update for yesterday: Weight and food both rubbish!

A minimum payment DD came out today towards one of the debts. I'd already made a manual payment so wasn't expecting it to. Anyway, we can afford it so that's all good! Paid off 1% yesterday towards the debt I'm doing the 1% challenge for. And got accepted for a half an hour focus group on Fri for which I should get £20.
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    A minimum payment DD came out today towards one of the debts. I'd already made a manual payment so wasn't expecting it to.
    I've been caught out by that one more than once! Despite the AARGH it's always good to see the numbers shrink :)
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • remote_control
    Options
    Yeah. We're very comfortable really, so we can afford an extra £40 debt repayment. As it is all on 0% and ticking down nicely we haven't really pushed ourselves. It's only now we've added £4K due to large house repairs (we did save for a lot of the repairs) that I feel all nervous and worried. We don't add to the debt with our monthly spending and live comfortably within our means.

Can anyone explain to me the thing where you scan your receipts? Or point me in the direction of a guide. I don't really know where to look but I have seen others on here do this and get vouchers I think? Thank you!
  • remote_control
    Options
    Weight
    Been really sensible with my eating yesterday and today. First time in a long time

Money
    Re-joined Swagbucks, trying to figure out how it actually works!! Also signed up for two survey sites.
    Up to 15% with my 1% challenge and should get to 16% tonight which is exciting. Surveys seem to have gone quiet now and not a lot to cash out. Still that is an extra 16%.
    Did some overtime.
    money is on my mind a lot

Would still like to understand the scanning receipts thing if someone could please tell me!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Hi, just having a mooch round some diaries, I use receipt hog from my receipts, you get coins as rewards 12000 coins =£50, it's going to take me years, but, it doesn't actually take long, so it will eventually be free money

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure