Co-op Bank Monthly £4 Reward

Options

Comments

• gingercordial
    Options
    This might stop people wasting their time.

I just phoned Co op and after a 12 minute wait was told the emails have been sent in error 'before they could stop them:)' and there won't be a problem qualifying and I will get paid.

Good to know, thank you. I've had the e-mail saying incorrectly that I didn't pay in £800 or log in to online banking, so I'd come on here looking for a thread before calling them. I won't bother now unless it really doesn't show up later this week.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They gave me £5.50 rather than £4, so a profitable 'glitch'! ;)
    Same here.
    Looks like the same this month. I have received the email telling me that I'm not eligible for the reward because I did not log in to online banking or use the app.
    I clearly did log in to send the £800 back to its original home. Looks like another £5.50 this month.
  • I've also received the email today from Co-op saying that I'm not eligible for the monthly reward this time. However I definitely met the requirements during August. I won't bother contacting them in the light of earlier posts, but will await developments.

Surely Co-op can expect the wrath of the regulator if they keep on like this? Either have a monthly reward scheme or don't have one, but they should administer it properly if they have it.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're not doing manual credits this time. They've been told to inform customers that the emails have been sent out in error and that automatic payment will be made later this week.

So you'll have to make do with a £15 credit to the account for phone calls instead. :D

I had the eMail today telling me I had not logged on to online banking and had not had 4 direct debits.

Went to the main Manchester branch and was told that was the 3rd person this morning to come in about this.

They did a manual credit for me.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've also received the email today from Co-op saying that I'm not eligible for the monthly reward this time. However I definitely met the requirements during August. I won't bother contacting them in the light of earlier posts, but will await developments.

I've received a similar email, however it doesn't mention why I didn't qualify for the reward.

I've just received another one titled 'We're sorry, we've made a mistake', which explains it was sent in error. :)
  • SnowTiger wrote: »
    I've received a similar email, however it doesn't mention why I didn't qualify for the reward.

I've just received another one titled 'We're sorry, we've made a mistake', which explains it was sent in error. :)

Yes, I've just had the "sorry" email as follows:-

Dear customer,
    Earlier today we sent you an email about Everyday Rewards. This email was sent to you by mistake, please ignore this and we’re sorry for any confusion this caused.
    We have identified what caused this error and have put steps in place to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

It doesn't actually say that I HAVE qualified for the reward though.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's the first time I've had a problem and, knowing I had logged in to do the accounts round robin, gave them a call. The opening greeting was a recorded apology and explanation.

I now have the apology email and was somewhat amused by the slogan' It's good to be different.'
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I got the email this morning but I ignored it as it was before the 15th and I know I had logged onto the app, and paid out 4 DD, so was going to call them when the reward wasn't paid on the 15th,
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Westie983 wrote: »
    I got the email this morning but I ignored it as it was before the 15th and I know I had logged onto the app, and paid out 4 DD, so was going to call them when the reward wasn't paid on the 15th,

It won't show in your account until the 16th. Not worth calling them on the 15th :smiley:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dggar wrote: »
    I had the eMail today telling me I had not logged on to online banking and had not had 4 direct debits.

Went to the main Manchester branch and was told that was the 3rd person this morning to come in about this.

They did a manual credit for me.
    I can't see them taking you off the auto payment run so it looks like a double up for you this month then. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure