New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
2K replies 247.2K views

Replies

• BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no! I bet he is pretty annoyed right now.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    And all for the want of a £1 washer, it would have worked. Poor Mr Fox, he is now very very grumpy.

I have been painting the walls that I have been filling a very boring shade of magnolia, but it is only to hide the plaster while in-laws are here and until I find the wallpaper that is going to cover it. My plastering is much better than the other person who has previously attempted it, but that does not help their rubbish plastering. I think I will be sanding it down further. But it will definitely be good enough to wallpaper without needing lining paper first, so that is an expense and a faff that will be avoided.
    MFW#65 5/16 £118,3 Remortgage 2020 £93,511.34
  • Oops..... :( x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A £1 odd doughnut washer and it is all behaving itself so far. 24 hrs in and no leakage. :beer:

Spent the day up my ladder and moving furniture about a bit. Funny how the right bit of furniture in the right position suddenly frees up a massive amount of space. :T

DH has just announced he is too busy to take time of work when his parents come:mad:. So I have to keep them entertained all day on Thursday and Friday. F-I-L is not so bad, limitless cups of tea and the Telegraph crossword and he is quite happy, but M-I-L is so very competitive about everything. If you have a headache, she has a migraine, if you have a sore throat, she has to have pneumonia, if you are tired,she is falling asleep while driving..... She has favourites among the grandchildren:eek:, and she has a favourite child too:eek:. I don't know what is the matter with the woman.
    But it is not my place to have an opinion, as I have ' just married in'. Ho jolly hum. I turn into Mary Poppins at this point, harness my inner Julie Andrews and play my internal 'Perry and Terrence' soundtrack (southpark), and nobody knows as I hand around gluten free, dairy free, ginger tiffin slices, while she complains that she really doesn't need the extra calories..................................:rotfl:

Anyway, the house is looking much better, just need to get rid of a few more bits of furniture that just don't 'fit' anywhere or are simply too big. Ongoing project, after all, Rome wasn't built in a day, although I expect Ikea was.
  • BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She sounds like the type (& I love this saying) " If you had an elephant she'd have a box to put it in"
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank god that's over.

I am not in need of a new patio.

Have only slept for 3 hours last night, they left us at 10.30pm to go back to the hotel (4 stars, great reputation locally m-i-l hated it and is already composing her bad reviews for trip advisor) and I was so wound up I could not sleep. So at 1am I got up and made tea and read a book until 3, when I thought I really should try again as I had to be up at 6.

Last words the kids said to me after bath, and bedtime story last night was ' Grandma says we can come to her house anytime we want - we just have to tell you to take us'.
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    £2.75 until Y0ug0v pays out £50, and they are sending DS1 a £1.50 survey later today to do.

Have done the cupboard inventory and the shopping list has been compiled and menu plan for the week sorted.

Tonight, as a celebration of not having to feed 8 people lunch, dinner and two sets of desserts on a daily basis, we are having (insert relevant choice) on toast. Cheese, posh mushrooms, beans or spaghetti hoops, I do not care, it is all I am cooking tonight.
    After the washing up it is going to be a hot bath, PJs, Jeremy Paxman and Victoria Coren-Mitchell. I may even have ice cream. Quizes and pudding. What Monday evenings were made for.

DS2's clarinet teacher had emailed me yesterday that she has pneumonia and so his lesson was cancelled. I found out tonight. Oops. He had waited for her to turn up. He also did not know which Maths group he was in, as they had tests just before the end of term, luckily he is still in top set. Phew.

DS1 started the day with no trousers and no school bag. He was told 3 times to get a new school bag, he chose not to, now it is my fault he has not got a bag and had to borrow one off his dad. The trousers were a bit of a mystery until I told him to check the airing cupboard. This is why you tell them the night before to go and make sure they have everything they need. Then they wander off and don't bother and everyone ends up racing up and down the stupid stairs in the morning trying to find some muppet's stuff that is in plain view in their bedroom. Kids!! Arrgh!!!

Anyway, the toaster calls.......
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh pox! Fluffy death machine animals have replaced Mrs Coren-Mitchell and Mr Paxman. It will have to be a book then.
  • PurpleFairy26PurpleFairy26 Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    f0xh0les wrote: »

DH has just announced he is too busy to take time of work when his parents come:mad:. So I have to keep them entertained all day on Thursday and Friday. F-I-L is not so bad, limitless cups of tea and the Telegraph crossword and he is quite happy, but M-I-L is so very competitive about everything. If you have a headache, she has a migraine, if you have a sore throat, she has to have pneumonia, if you are tired,she is falling asleep while driving..... She has favourites among the grandchildren:eek:, and she has a favourite child too:eek:. I don't know what is the matter with the woman.
    But it is not my place to have an opinion, as I have ' just married in'. Ho jolly hum. I turn into Mary Poppins at this point, harness my inner Julie Andrews and play my internal 'Perry and Terrence' soundtrack (southpark), and nobody knows as I hand around gluten free, dairy free, ginger tiffin slices, while she complains that she really doesn't need the extra calories..................................:rotfl:

That's where my MIL was. I was wondering :rotfl:
  • TropicallyTropically Forumite
    391 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I heard that your MIL only got 2 hours sleep last night! :);)
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2017 OPs: £7000/£7000
    Mortgage in Nov 2017 - £297,808