22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
3.2K replies 373.8K views

Replies

• kirtsypooskirtsypoos Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I can see a downward spiral, and if Le Pen gets in I can't see how there will be anything but disaster :(
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tis worrying that's for sure.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • edited 14 November 2016 at 9:55PM
    f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 November 2016 at 9:55PM
    Well the horror of Wednesday morning is slowly sinking in.:eek:

Saturday was two different kids to two different birthday parties. I took the presents from the box of Star Wars things I found reduced in the supermarket a few months ago, so presents came in at £5 each. One party was at a VR sports bar and the other was at the swimming pool with an inflatable obstacle course. They had a great time, DH had to drop #3 off at the pool as the parties slightly overlapped, but I got home at 7.30pm from the last one and the kids were well behaved and slept in til 7.30 the next morning.

In other news, I overpaid £210.10 into the mortgage account today when the child benefit went in, so it is a very tidy £115,400 until today's interest goes on at 8pm.:(

Tonight's supper was YS pasta, with YS spinach (whole bag), YS peppers, mushrooms, masses of garlic (frozen blocks are so cheap) and pesto.

I am sitting here with Victoria Coren-Mitchell on the box, and a coffee table with 3 candles on it, which are heating the living room very comfortably. :T

I managed to find DS4 a chest of drawers that is the right size to fit at the bottom of his bed. It looks fab and came from the local hospice shop, so £30 and job done. Of course I declined delivery as it would be extra, and they helped me put it in the back of the car, but when I got home I realised the drawers do not come out, and although I could get it out of the car, I could not move it to the house:mad:. It is the only time I have seen our street deserted, and I had to park around the corner, as the spaces outside the house were full. I had to borrow DH's car to get the kids from school, but DS1 gave me a hand in with it with a great deal of head shaking. :beer:

Now I just (just! ha!) have to find a massive old wardrobe for DH's stuff. I have 2 x 5 feet long x 6 feet high argos metal shelving units in my bedroom full of all his clothes and tat, and he has MASSES of tat.
    See, I have a plan, all that up there was a plan.:p

I think I have all the food we need in the house for the week - and I have a float of £20 in my purse, so I am looking for a lot of NSDs this week. :money:

I have baked and iced cakes for the lunchboxes tomorrow and I wrapped them up while supper was cooking, so it is just 4 sets of sandwiches, fruit and drinks to be packed up at 6am. All coming in at much less than school dinners would be per day.:money:

I tried to get rid of two mattresses by cutting off the ticking and offering them to two scrap metal men, both of whom declined to come get them, so I took them and recycled them into the scrap metal bin at the tip. Have to do another run tomorrow with two drawers that I had under DS4s bed with his clothes in, but now he has his chest of drawers they are surplus to requirements.

We went to see Ice Age 37 at kids club, £2.50 a ticket, I liked it, the kids liked it, it was nice to hear the smaller ones giggling when they got the joke:rotfl:, but Mr Fox didn't enjoy it. He spent the whole time sighing - if he wanted historical/scientific accuracy he was in the wrong place. Grrr, he is such a grown up. When I asked him if he enjoyed it he looked at me as if I were mad and said 'of course not!'. Well unless it has lazers or jumping about with two guns he is not coming to the cinema with me again. Mind you, I put Transporter III on last week, I found it clicking through the channels and it looked like a bit of a laugh, and Mr F started on a rant about 'that is not how gravity works'.... I felt a bit like Mrs Steve Gerrard must feel - if indeed a Mrs Gerrard exists, she might be fictional:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    MFW#65 April 21 = £85,999.99 next target £80k in December 2021
    E/F £17,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    NSTurtle # 19 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxholes you have been very busy again! Your mortgage is looking great :)

OH is far too serious, who doesn't love Ice Age.

• f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well my NSD was pootling along nicely until the petrol warning light came on, so I stuck £5 in to get me through until Friday when I was going to fill it up.

My inherited step-gran in Northern Ireland was 77 today, and she was in a miserable mood last week, she hates the winter, hates the darkness, hates the ice and feeds the birds 3 x daily and then complains about how much they eat! I can understand it though, when her carers rock up at 4.30 to get her into her nightie because they have other calls to make and she has to sit there until bedtime. She wants all the independence that living in her house offers, but she resents that she needs carers to help her. Poor old duck. So, I booked a quick trip over to see her next week. A little birthday present, just Thurs afternoon until Sunday lunchtime, but it will be some company for her, and I can make sure she is ready for winter (and get some ideas of little things to post to her) so for less than £100 I shall make a little old lady happier. My good deed for the month.
    Today I have been to the dump two times, once with the drawers that have lived under DS4's bed since he broke his chest of drawers three years ago. They fitted quite nicely and gave it the look of a cabin bed, but for £0. Now he has his amazing chest of drawers he no longer needs them and off they went to the wood recycling, then I decided I was removing a cupboard in the living room where the electricity meter lives, and that went to live at the tip too. So that is another job done and it looks well. DH did not notice.

Supper was hotdogs (YS buns) rocket (YS) hm coleslaw and potato salad, pickled gherkins (YS) beetroot, pickled onions, cous cous and yoghurt for pud. It all seemed to go down well with the troops and there was masses of veg in there.

So I logged on to my emails and I have just won a prize! What is it? A return trip for 2 + car to Ireland. All for my good idea about how they could improve their service. Marvellous!
    E/F £17,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dozen mini victoria sponges, a chocolate bakewell, a standard bakewell and two chocolate traybakes are sitting in my kitchen right now. Made a tomato, red wine and aubergine stew thing as DH is at a career development thing tonight for work (in the pub).

Went to H&B and they had 4 x chocolate pots for 98p instead of £1.99 ( so I bought 3) and nakd bars for 25p each, so I bought all they had. Total spend £6 odd. Lunchboxes and after school snacks and puddings sorted.

Just found out my prize includes a cabin!! Marvellous.
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had to fill up the car, so £40 in the tank. Also needed to take out a tenner because it is Children in Need day at school tomorrow and it is own clothes day so donations of £1 each.

The kitchen ceiling is starting to sag in one spot! I think it can be fixed with the careful insertion of a few screws to pull it back on to the joist, so will try that tomorrow, I mean, the worst that can happen is it falls down, and sticking a couple of screws in it is not likely to cause that. I know where the joists run and know where all the wiring is.

Rearranged lots in the back living room, I think I can get rid of a desk which is just too big for our needs now, and put the computer on our second dining table pushed up against the wall. Suddenly I am nearly ready for some armchairs and a sofa in there! Time to start haunting the second hand/charity shops. Didn't expect that, but went a bit wild today and tidied and tidied and tidied. Slowly everything was being moved out of the rooms where tat had accumulated, and it had all moved down each floor until it congregated in the back living room in a massive pile of boxes on a metal storage unit.

I am starting to think about where the tree is going to go!
    DS3 asks every day when he can put a tree up. I keep putting the NO into NOvember.

My neighbours next door are renting rooms in the house. There are, I think, about 8 of them in there. Three of them watch me park my car and laugh. Now I know my parking is not going to win me any awards in the near future, but it has actually made me think, and I have started to parallel park again, after not having done it since I took driving lessons 6 years ago. I am getting better at it too. So while they sit there in their window like Statler and Waldorf, I am getting better, I suppose that must make me Kermit yaaayyyyyy!.

I am up to £5.25 in my Y0ug0v account already, and another £1.50 going in tomorrow for a kids survey - it is about maths, girl guiding, marmalade and Paddington bear....

Nothing to add after that combination!
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quidco cash out £1.88 (whoop whoop!)

I had one of those Mexican pine desks, that is simply too big for any room in this house. It had ended up with all the computer stuff on it, and it had become the end of the line for any upstairs stuff that was on its way out of the door/homework/PEkits etc. So I have cut it up into a single cupboard and a three drawer chest. Bit of sanding and although they are not going to win me any prizes from House&Home, they will do as end of the sofa tables to stick a lamp on. 30 minutes of my time and two 'new', smaller, much more useful bits of furniture. So how's that for 'make do and mend'. I have my 3rd year Art Teacher to thank for this uncanny ability to use a saw. He believed all young girls should be able to cut in a straight line, and be able to drive a car, so at the age of about 13, he gave anyone who wanted to stay behind school for an hour a 15 minute driving lesson on the school playing fields in his morris minor minivan for a term. He was great, the poor man had his own business but had a nervous breakdown and took a job as an Art teacher in an all girls school. He was with us for about 1 year and then one term he was gone. Can't even remember his name. He was permanently bemused by us girls, we were all terribly well behaved, but our conversations totally intregued him, I am not convinced he had even read the curriculum but we all had a great laugh and I am not afraid to wield a blade. So good job Mr Whoever-you-were. Funny what you remember isn't it? God knows there are precious few things I learnt at secondary school that had ever had any relevance to my life.
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxy how kind of you to go and see your step Gran. I take it you are going alone? It is a great shame how the carer system works. My Gran hated never knowing what time someone would be along to he!p her dress in the mornings. It takes away their peace of mind. I dont look forward to getting old.

How weird your neighbours watch you. I'd stare back!

I was just talking about one of my teachers today to DS, as he said none of his had catch phrases. This one in particular was always saying 'you waste my time I'll waste yours' & another used to say to day dreaming pupils ' are you with us or with the Woolwich?' which was a bank at the time. Funny people :)

4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr B - the history teacher was v camp and when he got flustered was always saying "bear with me girls, bear with me!"