22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the OPs Foxy :D

And I am sorry but I did chuckle at the name calling of MiL after the hair dye- has it settled any now? :D

It has deepened a little, but as it is henna it is rather permanent. It usually takes a week or so to properly develop, but it is the most fiery red they do. Nevermind, February is cold and grey and I stand out like an enormous cherry, brightening everyone's day! :rotfl: Subtle it ain't.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Oh good. Enjoy telling them all over again about the fireplace when they notice hamsters have moved :rotfl:.

I now have a 4 foot tall framed poster of a dalek shouting TO VICTORY! on top of the mantlepiece.

Doubt they will miss that, even if they can miss the rest. What confused me the most was DS3 asking if I had made the fireplace myself..... I love the confidence my kids have in my abilities, but casting metal is not one I can do with my kitchen oven. Bizarre tiny creatures that they are. :rotfl:

I have made DS3 a huge bakewell tart for his birthday cake, - and some chocolate, almond and cherry buns with the left over sponge mix. Sadly they cannot go into lunchboxes due to the school nut ban, but it does mean I won't have to bake until Saturday. I have a couple of limes that need to be used up (will stave off scurvy on our February pirate challenge) so I am thinking a lime drizzle cake - might let the kids make it, they need to start helping with the cooking, rather than classing eating everything in the fridge as tidying up.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    What confused me the most was DS3 asking if I had made the fireplace myself..... I love the confidence my kids have in my abilities, but casting metal is not one I can do with my kitchen oven.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I bet you haven't even tried ;)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fab on your other overpayment! Go Foxy!!! Hope your DS3 has a wonderful birthday. All the baking sounds great :) And thanks too for the shoutout. Also, re the fireplace, two words 'man look' the struggle is real #theycantsee
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    I have made DS3 a huge bakewell tart for his birthday cake, - and some chocolate, almond and cherry buns with the left over sponge mix. Sadly they cannot go into lunchboxes due to the school nut ban, but it does mean I won't have to bake until Saturday. I have a couple of limes that need to be used up (will stave off scurvy on our February pirate challenge) so I am thinking a lime drizzle cake - might let the kids make it, they need to start helping with the cooking, rather than classing eating everything in the fridge as tidying up.

I have made a banana & lime drizzle cake before based on this recipe: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=12039509&postcount=2768 -was really nice - even the WI ladies were impressed!:D Have also turned it into a banana, coconut & lime cake too :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Ooooh greent that sounds lovely, but I would end up eating it all myself. For some bizarre reason I have two kids who would not eat anything that tasted like a banana (or rhymed with banana) for £50, and one who seems to think coconut is a synonym for poison.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Belated happy birthday wishes to ds3. Plus some cake of whatever flavour and texture he chooses::bdaycake:
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Woke up this morning with the strange and un-natural urge to clean the house.

So far 2/3rds of the way in, with all kids bedroom drawers turned out and repacked, bookcases sorted, toy boxes ordered and everywhere hoovered. All windows opened and the house is aired.

Is this possibly a bit of early Spring Cleaning???

Best get on with it while I am not resenting having to do it. It is bound to wear off soon. Very unlike me.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I've done the same, although the dust was getting on my nerves. All hovered mopped and polished now. Mind you we do have paying guests tonight so needs must.

how's your strippers shoulder? I had one of those a few years ago, It took a while to get better.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Shoulder is absolutely fine now. Just have to fill all the thousands of tiny little holes the panel pins have left and then I am ready to paint. Will be very careful not to get 'Painters' Elbow':rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure