PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Why is it so hard to sell a 3 bed semi in Leeds?

Options

Comments

• Lazarus_Blackstar
    Options
    I think the EA are the one's pulling the wool over your eyes by giving you a false-hope price.
    They are well known for giving an over inflated asking price which in turn makes you rub your hands with glee thinking of all those £££££.
    There's been a ton of sound & good advice on here but if you choose to ignore it then so be it, that's your choice. There really is no need to throw your toys out of the pram just because you are not getting the replies you are banking on.

I suspect you will probably be still in this position this time next year if you don't wake up & smell the coffee.......
    "The truth is of course is that there is no journey.
    We are arriving and departing all at the same time."
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As other posters have mentioned its in Bramley and location does matter. The high asking price and old decor/fixtures/fittings isn't ticking any boxes either. All the advice the OP needs to shift the property is in this thread. The next move should be clearer now.
  • cwcw
    cwcw Posts: 928 Forumite
    Options
    I've not read all 6 pages so apologies if already pointed out, but have you checked sold prices on the same road? I have, and you're trying to charge about 25k above 2008 prices, so little wonder it's not selling.

On top of that, an end if terrace is never worth as much as a proper semi.

Sorry, but you're going to have to drop the price considerably if you want to sell, especially before the potential Brexit price cliff.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Do go on...

No, because whatever I say you will have some nonsense to post that you think counters it. The house isn`t selling, end of.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh, you are funny.
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Lily-Rose_3 Posts: 2,732 Forumite
    Options
    I think the EA are the one's pulling the wool over your eyes by giving you a false-hope price.
    They are well known for giving an over inflated asking price which in turn makes you rub your hands with glee thinking of all those £££££.
    There's been a ton of sound & good advice on here but if you choose to ignore it then so be it, that's your choice. There really is no need to throw your toys out of the pram just because you are not getting the replies you are banking on.

I suspect you will probably be still in this position this time next year if you don't wake up & smell the coffee.......

Agree. I think the answers here are a bit harsh though considering the OP lost their dad. However, their whole attitude isn't helping.

Sorry OP, but your house is overpriced, because it's rather dated, like it's stuck in the 1980s. Also it's a semi in Leeds; not in Brighton, London, or Oxford. £112K is more like what you should be asking.

Why do you need to get £130K plus? It's all going to be profit for you isn't it? If it was yours, and you had a mortgage of £125k, then I could understand,but why do you need to get that much?
    Dird wrote: »
    Ganners Lane is so much nicer than OPs house...

Also, a photo with "DAD" in the back garden makes me wonder what's buried back there. Not exactly enticing to visit

Where's that? I looked on all the pics and couldn't see it.
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!

You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lily-Rose wrote: »
    Where's that? I looked on all the pics and couldn't see it.
    Pic 8.
    27749_PUD150323_IMG_19_0000.jpg
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Lily-Rose_3 Posts: 2,732 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Pic 8.
    27749_PUD150323_IMG_19_0000.jpg

OH YEAH... I see it now. Thank you. :)
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!

You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
  • mozza78
    mozza78 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I do hope you're not as brash and unwilling to listen when you're showing potential buyers around. Personally speaking I'd be far less likely to purchase a house from someone with a sense of entitlement on the price. You have been given plenty of sound advice on this thread yet seem totally unwilling to take it on board. As far as I can tell none of it has been personal either merely pointing out that it's overpriced and other helpful tips.
  • emmatthews
    emmatthews Posts: 678 Forumite
    Options
    A house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what the Estate Agent tells you it's worth.

I'm sorry you lost your Dad. Maybe you need to give it a bit of time before you sell the house? People on here are trying to give you advise, but you seem too angry to accept it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure