IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Parking Notice Charge for parking in Aldi, Bangor

Options

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    There is no urgency in your case

So follow option B until you are better.

(Debt chasing letters can't hurt you)

Then when you feel up to it sort out your letter

Thank you. I am afraid of running out of time to get this sorted.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Relax... you have 28 days to appeal from receipt of the Notice - pretty much the entire month of August. The first 14 days means nothing because you won't be PAYING!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jo4
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

I am not nit picking but I don't want to do this wrong and then have to pay but should DPA be BPA?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No, good valid question though. I did mean it contravenes the 'DPA principles' because the information is misleading. Companies don't like being reported for DPA breaches because the Information Commissioner has teeth.

A company breached the DPA against me recently. Revenge is a dish best served cold in some cases so I'm waiting to actually make the complaint to the ICO (in my case it wasn't a parking company).
  • Jo4
    Options
    No, good valid question though. I did mean it contravenes the 'DPA principles' because the information is misleading. Companies don't like being reported for DPA breaches because the Information Commissioner has teeth.

A company breached the DPA against me recently. Revenge is a dish best served cold in some cases so I'm waiting to actually make the complaint to the ICO (in my case it wasn't a parking company).

Thank you for responding and understanding that I do not have a clue about this and that I am really not nit picking. :beer:
  • Jo4
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Thank you for responding and understanding that I do not have a clue about this and that I am really not nit picking. :beer:

Am I right that DPA stands for Data Protection Act?
  • Jo4
    Options
    How will I know if they have cancelled the PCN?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Am I right that DPA stands for Data Protection Act?
    Yes, that's right. If you email the BPA and DVLA at the same time using the email addresses I gave you, I would expect the BPA to keep you informed and they will reply. The DVLA might be more vague.

But at the end of the day, ParkingEye should email you if it's cancelled, or they'll send you a physical letter if rejecting, with a POPLA code (because it was in Wales).

I think you will get email cancellation. Your case isn't worth them wasting stamps and a POPLA fee on.

If they write begging to know who was driving, ignore it. If they send a 'Reminder' ignore that too.
  • Jo4
    Options
    Yes, that's right. If you email the BPA and DVLA at the same time using the email addresses I gave you, I would expect the BPA to keep you informed and they will reply. The DVLA might be more vague.

But at the end of the day, ParkingEye should email you if it's cancelled, or they'll send you a physical letter if rejecting, with a POPLA code (because it was in Wales).

I think you will get email cancellation. Your case isn't worth them wasting stamps and a POPLA fee on.

If they write begging to know who was driving, ignore it. If they send a 'Reminder' ignore that too.

Thank you sooooooo much for all your help, it really is appreciated. :beer: :j :money: :A
  • Jo4
    Options
    Going to fill in the form on PE and email BPA and DVLA now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure