PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    edited 26 August 2016 at 6:40AM
    Options
    I use a free app called 'budget with envelopes'. It's very basic but it does what I want it to.
    I have a few 'envelopes' for and input the budget in & then record all spends, cash, cc etc, what is is, where & the date and it gives you a running budget balance.
    HTH
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Can I slink back in? I've failed terribly recently!

I'd like to set a target of £150 from tomorrow until Friday 23rd September. This is to include toddler products, all food, drink and cleaning/sundry household items :)

I'll just be picking up bits until Monday when I'll do our 'big' shop.

toddler is in pull ups for nursery etc so I will need more of them but that's ok as they are the same price as her usual nappies and obviously she's using less of them than nappies so that all factors in.

going to make a proper list on Friday evening :)

so far I'm sitting at £10 last night in Asda on pull ups
    £20 in home bargains on all the snacks etc for lunches and family film nights and trips etc (just need crisps)

I have a 'big shop' planned for Monday which should sit at around £60 and should last minimum of 3 weeks (with a milk, cucumber, lettuce top up)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • dylan2011
    dylan2011 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    It's been a while since I joined in here, and my spending seems to have gone a bit astray. I've sorted out all my budgeting now. I'd like to aim for £250 this month please. Starting on Monday running for 4 weeks.

A family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children (youngest still in nappies but hoping to be out soon) and budget includes everything food and cleaning/toiletries wise.

Planning on doing a bulk shop next week, then just smaller top ups of fresh fruit/veg/dairy weekly.
    Good Luck everyone.
    Mum of 2 monkey. 4 yrs and 2 yrs :j
    Starting again...
    July GC £65/£200
  • Petula
    Petula Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another slinking back in after an very extended hiatus :D

Could you put me down for £400 this month please. This is my best guesstimate, but I will be keeping ALL receipts this month so I have a better idea for October.

• Meekie
    Meekie Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm needing to budget carefully for the next few months as pay is falling as I'm on maternity leave. I think we normally spend around £500-600 on food/nappies/household stuff and I'm wanting to cut this back to £400. This will be tricky as in September my parents are staying with us for a few weeks and we're having a housewarming party. :beer: However, we have a freezer full of food and have stocked up on nappies so it should be doable.

Today I've done a meal plan and tomorrow MrT will deliver £162 of stuff for the rest of the month. Hoping we can then just top up with occasional milk and perishable foods. The main challenge will be keeping Mr Meekie away from the shops at lunchtime. He can easily witter away £50 a week.... arghhh. :eek:
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    $500 again for me.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Coxy11,

May I be an absolute pest and change from a weekly budget to an annual budget of £3650? It's the same amount per day, but I don't feel the weekly budget suits the way I shop - I will bulk buy when I see a great sale, so some weeks, I spend very little! Other weeks, I spend a LOT!

Thank you so much :o
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Been a long time since I joined in this but spending has been silly recently... Need to reign it back in! My target for September will be £250 this includes food, dog food and household items for 2 adults and an allergy ridden woof!! Fingers crossed!!

Will start on payday which is 31st August.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Milly-Ann-Molly
    Options
    Hi. Please may I be put down for £300 for September. That is a drop from around £640 in last months spend! (Blooming BBQ season!) It will be a challenge! Needs to be around £200 eventually ideally. This is for two adults, two kids aged 8&10, two large breed dogs and three daily packed lunches... Good luck everyone
    Make £/day March: £1490.85 / £310
    Quidco £3,143.16 NSD Mar:14
    2024 Road Kill £1
    March Sales of Excess £240.85
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi,

Can I be put down for £250 please
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts