Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LOL hertzyabazas.....Im there with a "id share with my kids and maybe my hubby comment", i must look like the most heartless woman ever next to those comments.

That's the best answer of the lot. No bells, whistles or bullpoo. And it's honest (not saying that some of them aren't, but :eek::whistle:)
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This thread is becoming a great way to find comps, LOL!
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,191 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not sure if this one is serious! Loads of mega sob stories on here
    Statue of Liberty. We had the money saved up for a Xmas trip but my 75 year old brother in law has found love in Kenya with a bar girl aged 25 and she has a family who need money for all there illnesses.My brother in law has supported her and has no money left so we had to bale him out so hence we won't be going to the Big Apple but at least all those Kenyans will be happy and healed.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNationalLotteryUK/videos/1267541639935159/
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • dontone
    Options
    Misslayed wrote: »
    Statue of Liberty. We had the money saved up for a Xmas trip but my 75 year old brother in law has found love in Kenya with a bar girl aged 25 and she has a family who need money for all there illnesses.My brother in law has supported her and has no money left so we had to bale him out so hence we won't be going to the Big Apple but at least all those Kenyans will be happy and healed.

That's a beauty :rotfl:
    There are a couple of dozies on there, although I don't know what a picture of a cat and dog have to do with anything.
    Apparently there is one written by someone with the first name initial of 'Z', that even one of the FB posters has said that everybody should read. I can't find it though. When I get a bit more time, I'll have a look for it - unless one of you has seen it already. Even some of the other folk entering have said it's getting pathetic. We've all been saying it for ages :rotfl:
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

These are starting to sound like some of the e-mails that sometimes pop up in my spam box. Will they be offering sexual favours next lol?:eek:
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options

sounds like somebody fell for an email/facebook fake girlfriend scam:eek:
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 November 2016 at 12:07PM
    Options
    That comments thread is hilarious, there's now people taking the mick via a re-enactment of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch :rotfl:

Also posted:
    one of us?

"( sorry I don't have a sob story to write , well I have a sob story I'm just not gonna write it.... I feel like it's the X factor auditions on here ) amazing prize fingers crossed!"

"I think most of us have a sob story, but they only want an answer to the question."

"The Statue of Liberty - oh, hey are we submitting sob stories for this?, 'ang on a sec......where's it gone....ah, here we go....OMG, OMG this would be amazing to win and just at the right time since I just recently died from being hit by a meteorite, my little dog was tragically abducted by aliens and is now just a head in a jar on Alpha Centauri, and my house was eaten alive by bol weevils. My homeless family who are all suffering from wasting terminal illnesses would really be cheered up until, of course, the End of the World which will happen two weeks after the end of this competition."

not sure if serious or....
    "If I won, don't tell my cat please! He'll expect some sort of crazy and outlandish cat bed for Christmas!! (He acts like such a diva!) " + picture of cat with photoshopped crown.

"People are thinking it's a trip to New York lol looking at some of the comments.
    It's vouchers...."
    ^ also this
    eta: somebody wants the non existent holiday changed because they're too ill to travel
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 November 2016 at 12:00PM
    Options
    and a serious anti sob story comment "How can i possibly have a sob story when there is so much bad stuff going on in the world. I count myself lucky I have good health, a lovely family, food to eat and a warm home."

eta: "Statue of liberty. Thats all, too poor to be able to keep using my worn out finger to keep typing through the tears. Maybe I could get a new fingers or a bigger pack of tissues."

"I hope I won because I had my hair cut as a baby and it has mentally scared me since! Life is so cruel and it will make my Christmas better"

"I'm sorry but I don't have a sob story, does this make me ineligible to enter ?"
    "Sorry no sad begging story to back this...here's a small violin thou for some of these"
    "no sob story ... no hang on ... I don't have one .... that's my sob story "
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh my Days this is so lovely, have liked your page and post and shared this wonderful prize, I would be so made up to win this

all for a pair of earphones

I very nearly replied to this
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • dontone
    Options
    Just been telling Mr dontone about the Lotto comp, and how people are posting thinking it's for a holiday & not vouchers.
    He's just said that some folk are so quick to write begging/sob stories, it's like they don't even read what the actual prize is.
    He's got a point.
    Be Lucky

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport