Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi PMO2,

I didn't realise you had started a new diary! I'm about to start on a new one myself once my relatives have gone home and stopped eating into all my time...

My debts are still slowly decreasing, though I was a bit naughty last month and ended up whacking £150 ish onto my CC, that I'd just blinking cleared. Sigh...

My main motivation is I'm 32 weeks pregnant, so I need to start budgeting carefully to ensure I carry on reducing our debts, without adding to them, all on a reduced income. Spiffing!!

Well done on all the debt busting you have managed so far, lots of inspiration for me, and I'm definitely going to have a clear out on EBay, Gumtree, Amazon etc once I've started my MAT leave and have the time and freedom to pop back and forth to the post office. Some great ideas here. Sending you a big virtual hug (not a dodgy one though!)

xxx
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Eyebright :) Look forward to reading your new diary when you start it. Congratulation on the new bubba, not long to go now :D

Today is not a particularly good day! Made my phone call and had my thoughts confirmed, so plan of action is to exit as soon as possible. I have only been here 3 1/2 months but no work coming in and this project finishing February doesn't sit well with me....had enough of that with the last company I was with.

On the upside, I brought me lunch to work but I've still had a spendy day, but limited damage so for one day I am not going to beat myself up especially in my current mood!

Transferred over to the savings account the money I would've spent on lunch so that's beginning to look healthy lol.
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I'm so sorry to here the job isn't working out for you PMO2. Fingers crossed you can find something better ASAP!

Well done on bringing your lunch to work with you, it really does save a small fortune I find.

I know, not long to go 'til I meet her. :D:D:D Just need to sort my self out and my attitude to money out now, so that I can teach her some good life skills. Bring on the debt busting and budgeting! :D:D
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • colHOX
    Options
    Well done on starting your diary. I started mine a week ago and so far am finding it useful as it makes me think twice before spending.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the job PMO2. were you affected by the train strike too? I'm not sure where you live but I was driving to work today in the south east and the roads were a nightmare, I assume because of the lack of trains.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • lcc86 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the job PMO2. were you affected by the train strike too? I'm not sure where you live but I was driving to work today in the south east and the roads were a nightmare, I assume because of the lack of trains.

Thankfully my trains were on time, really rather crowded, coming back from London Bridge though my usual train wasn't on the board so I had to get the next one....pain!

I live Whyteleafe area, where abouts are you?
  • Morning,

Haven't updated for a few days, feeling rather !!!!!! about the work situation that I have nearly sort of taken my eye off the whole debt busting....case of can't be bothered.

My cv has gone over to three agencies, DH thinks I've priced myself out of the market with one of them, basically I want what I'm on now, not less, DH is of the opinion that as I've only been doing my job two years, if I go somewhere else I won't get what I'm on now? So I will speak to the agency on Monday and see what they say.

Sold something on Amazon, made a whopping 27p, so will pay that off the BC when it comes in.

Spoke to DH about the offer from MBNA, and he's up for moving it, he thinks we can get rid of it in the three years, so I'll look at setting something up online and moving the BC over to that. If nothing else, it'll help us in the long term, just hate MBNA though :(

The Skatepark where DS helps out have an event going on today, there is a film crew coming over for ITV, and they're filming all the junior staff doing their tricks. DS has been asked to take part, apparently it is a competition with other skateparks around the country and if the local one wins, they get money to help improve it. DS is understandably excited.

Plan of action for next week, is mainly damage limitation. We've three weeks left until payday, if I get paid at all.

Plan is:

Take lunches to work every day
    NSD's a must
    AFD's a must
    Stick to meal plan

I have to remember that I can't justify that bacon roll that costs £2.20, even if it is yummy!
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your job and good luck with looking for a new one.

Sorry to sound ignorant but what is afd?
  • Morning debtaghh, AFD is alcohol free day :)
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »

Sorry to sound ignorant but what is afd?

I was wondering that too, thanks for clearing it up!
    :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport