Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Evening :)

Dilemma time. I want to pay off the MBNA as and when I can. DH wants me to save it up to the end of the month & add it on to the payment, so that we get the added interest on the savings account....unsure, as I really, really want to get it gone ASAP.

I would also pay it off as and when. With interest rates so low anyway it would not make a massive amount of interest even in a high interest current account and it will motivate you more to see it coming down. Also it won't tempt you to spend the savings if that is increasing. In my mind savings are for spending (bar the emergency fund, long term savings and earmarked savings of course ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I would also pay it off as and when. With interest rates so low anyway it would not make a massive amount of interest even in a high interest current account and it will motivate you more to see it coming down. Also it won't tempt you to spend the savings if that is increasing. In my mind savings are for spending (bar the emergency fund, long term savings and earmarked savings of course ;)

That's what I was thinking :)

Once the CC clears down more, I'm going to look at building up our savings.
  • Morning,

Mortgage payment has come out, making the current account look rather depleted now.

12 days to pay day.

Definitely coming down with something, still feel like crap but can't put my finger on it. Just feel bleurgh :( think I need a few early nights.

Taking my lunch today and aiming for a few AFD's, something I should keep track of and I have some money in my purse, going to see how long I can make it last.

Got to think of October and my aims for this. I know I've got to do better than September. I think the MBNA card will tread water until Christmas is out of the way but any extra money that comes my way will still get paid off it.

Sorry for the rambling.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    I hope you are able to put your feet up at some point and rest!
    :happylove
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    PMO2 you've been a super busy bee, with your balance transfers, Hoover fixing and lunch/dinner making :T I'm loving your little cleaning routine, sounds like it's really helping you keep on top of things :) trip out with the kids sounds fab too!

I'm super impressed with your NSW :T that's one mean feat! I'll be cheering you on :) make sure you take care of yourself, wrap up warm and have a few early nights. Hope you feel better soon xxx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not rambling, it's all interesting stuff :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Morning,

Still feeling bleurgh :( just wish I knew what it was, would rather be in bed than going to work.

Freezer lunch today, left over meatballs in tomato sauce, just need to do some bread to go with it.

Should be another NSD today.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better.
  • Thanks debtaghh.

Bed made, washing up done, lunch sorted and washer on.

Off to work and drop DD at the childminders. Have a great day everyone.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Sorry you have to work when you aren't well, that is a rotten feeling. I hope you are able to rest a bit at some point!
    :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport