Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 August 2017 at 7:07AM
    Options
    Morning,

I've had a busy few days with trips etc but the good thing is I did do them as cheap as possible and used our passes for entry and bought lots of food with us. However I did have some spends.

Back to reality now with kids going back next week. I have had a few surveys lately and have about £15 waiting to be withdrawn. I also made a random sale of £25 yesterday and got cash back of £5.10 ( from changing my account to the free one as they keep on putting me on the payment one). This will all be going towards my debt.

Today I need to do:

Lots of washing
    Check accounts and make payments
    Post item
    Dh to collect Argos item
    Hoover

Within the next week I need to check all old statements for ppi!

From today I'm back on a diet.... 1500 calories per day until I lose the 5 lbs I've gained since losing weight. I'm hoping this will go down easily as I've been eating so much that as soon I go back to normal I'm hoping a couple of pounds will shift instantly!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Have officially paid 1k off the credit card just in August and am just under the 5k mark to reach my aim of having under 40k of cc debt by the end of the year.... it all adds up
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    That's a huge achievement. Well done.

I love the end of the month/beginning of the money posts from everyone. Taking time to reflect on what has happened and the changes we've all made.

Here's to an equally successful September.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    Options
    That's a huge achievement. Well done.

I love the end of the month/beginning of the money posts from everyone. Taking time to reflect on what has happened and the changes we've all made.

Here's to an equally successful September.

Thanks. It's nice being able to pay regularly but feel there will be a gap until dh next pay day unless I make more sales so fingers crossed!
  • Lancashirelass1
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Have officially paid 1k off the credit card just in August and am just under the 5k mark to reach my aim of having under 40k of cc debt by the end of the year.... it all adds up
    AWWWWW massive, huge well done!!!!!!!! :T you must be so proud of yourself.....look how far you are coming....x
    Aim to be debt free....
    Snowballing since August 2017
    Debt total
    28'570.92 (august 17)
  • Lancashirelass1
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Thanks. It's nice being able to pay regularly but feel there will be a gap until dh next pay day unless I make more sales so fingers crossed!
    fingers crossed for your sales!!!!
    Aim to be debt free....
    Snowballing since August 2017
    Debt total
    28'570.92 (august 17)
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

Not much to report, I've spent money on ds hair cut and bits from a cheaper shop I was passing. I feel like I can't make any more payments at the min. No sales for a few days but have done the odd survey.

Today I need to do:

Washing
    Check accounts

That's pretty much it apart from the normal general tidying, emptying bins etc as I want to enjoy the next few days before the kids go back to school :(
  • Morning debtaghh,

Amazing amount paid off the cards and well done for posting regularly, it does help to keep focussed.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I'm feeling a bit fed up😔 I'm very pleased that I've paid 1k off the cc but also do think even if I do that every month it will still take at least 45 months just to clear the cc and on top of that we will need to save thousands to buy a house. I would also love an abroad holiday as it's been many years since we have done that.

On a positive note I did a car boot today and made £27... all helps.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I'm feeling a bit more positive now and have even made a few more payments towards the cc. I need to keep focusing on smaller goals and still have my challenge to get under £40k on the credit cards by the end of the year , I secretly want to clear my barclaycard that I'm paying interest on and my Tesco cc by the end of year which is £5125 but not sure if I'll manage that as it's over £5k plus I will have to still pay towards the other ccs. A lot is dependent on my sales, dh ot and for me to cut my expenses where I can.

I've kept all my receipts and am still spending too much on food :eek:
    I really don't know how to reduce it, we are not major meat eaters, I don't buy brands and primarily shop at Lidl and Aldi. Maybe I am expecting too much, our average weekly spend is about £85 for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and toiletries. We go through quite a lot of milk, fruit, bread, cheese and toilet paper. The kids have been off so maybe this hasn't helped.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback