Hugglemonster's debt free diary

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad OH cracked on with the cleaning. You didn't need to be up after all ;)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Evening, I felt like I haven't had a day off in ages even though I had Saturday off, tired this evening so popping up to relax in bed soon.

Disability course yesterday was fantastic, really enjoyed it and I have banked a cheque that will buy me the equipment to use in SEN schools and set up a competition structure.

This morning I have been in and out of home between meetings and ds climbing. I sent off friend's present and the book that was sold. I checked the charges on each of the overdrafts and credit card, credit card one will be added on 15th so I have transferred £20 to ensure that it doesn't go over the limit and cost me another £12. I get paid on Wednesday but obviously I needed to make sure that funds were there.

Had an email r.e. flights to Germany, luckily it was only a change of flight time an hour later than planned so nothing major, 11 weeks until we go!

I meant to phone the electrician today but forgot so I will do this tomorrow.

I have found a concert for my Mum, it's not classical but one that she and my Dad will enjoy as it's their anniversary on the same day as her birthday. It will cost £42 for both tickets so I need to do some more surveys so I will be able to transfer this back to the account.

H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    All sounding good, it's hitting that time of the month isnt it.

The disability course sounded interesting.

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Hi, hi!

Another busy week done and full of cold, I left work a bit earlier yesterday and also managed 2 hours this morning as feeling rotten and sneezing everywhere. Dd has been off school today too as she was full of it as well.

I working tomorrow morning, but only teaching a short course for new coaches my dh will be one of them and two girls from my club.

My colleague's son is popping round in the afternoon to look at the cupboard that needs taking out and electrician is booked for 3rd April. It will be good to get the next stage of decorating done, will then need to get the carpenter to put in a new door frame, hang new door and put in new skirting boards.

Finances all up to date, expenses from second job in bank which included my flights for Jersey so good to get it back in my account. Only one week and 4 days until next payment on overdraft which is good, definitely working better having a set amount going in and not overstretching where we can't afford it.

Mum and Dad's theatre tickets arrived yesterday and I have their cards, I've never been so organised with this either. Must be growing up finally! My brother and his fianc!e are coming to visit next weekend and they are cooking for everyone which will be nice. I must remember his birthday is on 5th April and that will come round quickly.

9 weeks until we go to Germany! Yay :-)

H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    *Sneaks back in*

Well hello, long time no see, been very busy with work, coaching, family life etc but having a nice few days off before back to work on Tuesday. After not being well then having a horrible cough for ages I chatted to dh about the future and we both agreed that I could not gone on forever doing 2 jobs as it makes me tired and I'm not able to put 100% into either job. So the plan is to pay off the debt and get into a position that I only need to do one job, this will be my second job as it pays more, there's more perks, it makes me happy and it's fun!

I haven't got a timetable of when this will happen so I need to do this to have a target to aim for, of course there are things aside from the debt that we need to pay for such as our visit to Germany, trip to London and finishing ds bedroom so it may be a bit slow for a few months.

I definitely try to spread money out to too many things at a time, so I will focus on one thing and realised today that it's only 4 months until we go to London so we need to put aside money for the hotel, food, fuel and car parking (tickets already paid for for event). Therefore I will only pay minimum payments on debt until this is saved. I don't want to go and be scraping around for money.

Finances are OK still room for improvement but ynab is up to date, dh gets his bonus in his next pay on 1st May well it should be 1st May the whole company failed to get paid on 1st April and had to wait for 3 days until it was sorted! This bonus will pay for our trip to Germany and should be a bit left over for dh to have a treat as it's his money. Both of us got a very small pay rise, mine from second job nothing from other one. I also found out that I have 4 days of leave to be carried over from second job which will help over the summer hols.

House has been cleaned, washing out on the line and we have also started getting veg and fruit boxes from our local farm and the quality and amount is fantastic. We write the menu when we see what has arrived on a Thursday evening.

Hope everyone OK, H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Light bulb moments are continuous, I mean there has been the big one where you know that you have to change your ways but also there are mini ways along the way when you lose your momentum and it takes a little thing to spur you back on.

I think the thought of just having one job is getting me itching again to get moving so I am going back to basics and looking at all the small things we can do to save money which will build into a bigger benefit in the future.

So some things are things we should be doing automatically and slip into bad habits, today I have:
    * Put the washing on the line, it looks like it might rain later but if it can be out for a couple of hours then it will mainly be dry.
    * Replanted first lot of tomatoes into bigger pots with ds, next lot of seeds planted plus also some flowers and found a packet of onion seeds so they have been planted too.
    * I have done a spreadsheet of debt payments to keep on track with paying off each debt and also snowballing the monthly payments as it moves along, it's a bit difficult to be exact at the moment but at least I have a rough idea of when I can pay things down by.
    * Checking all utilities to see if we can make any savings.
    * Need to plan for outfits for wedding, I'm wearing a dress I have already but need some nice shoes to go with it, obviously will scan for deals and vouchers.

Right off to make soup and dh making rolls, I will be back :D

H x
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That makes so much sense. I think when we're in it for the long haul you get these waves that refocus the mind, it's easy to let things 'slip' not through desire but just by being busy and trying to spin lots of plates. The small things really help. There is a post over on DFW we're we list our small things for the day, that helps too. Don't have to list every day, just when you can. You're more than welcome to pop by. Good luck on your journey.
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Cor blimey another manic few weeks, I've been so snowed under it's ridiculous I really need to get sorted to get rid of a job so I can make a good job of my other work. I went to Jersey last weekend for my second job which was fantastic!

So here's the grim reading:
    Finances - OK but could be so much better, I shocked myself into looking at the reports feature of ynab we are spending £3500 a month and bringing in just over this amount, that is bad, very bad. There is no need to be spending that much and just shows how we could make a few small changes to have some extra to put away and make extra repayments. I am very embarrassed :o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Annoyed today as dh hasn't been paid yet again on time (whole company again) today his bonus goes in which I need to put aside for Germany now 3 1/2 weeks away, equally I have had to chase up my expenses £222 is a lot of money to be forking out.

Job 1 - very concerned to be shown a note made by Managing Director about possibly liquidating the company and starting a new one which is very dodgy when looking at staff etc. I'm not happy with my role and I haven't had the pay restructure promised back in November so at the minute I'm just going to plod on and the sooner I get rid of my debt the sooner I can leave.

Job 2 - is brilliant it has it's niggles with individuals in the wider sporting community but on a day to day basis I love it and get lots of enjoyment and perks from it.

House - ds decorating is at a stand still until we have been to Germany but we have be clean, tidying, sorting the garden and getting our tomatoes starting to grow - the first batch will be ready to go outside soon.

Car - need to replace one tyre as has a slow puncture but can't do that until dh gets paid.

Savings for London - Currently have £130, should be more but waiting on expenses!

Need a right kick up the behind, I was 42 last week I can't carry on like this for another year. :mad:

Right to hang out some washing as it's nice and sunny today, H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hi Lovely
    I've always wanted to go to Jersey, apparently I have been there as a very small child but no memories!
    Just running out the door but wanted to reply now!

Bob

• hugglemonster
    Options
    A fairly successful day in the end, dh finally got paid this afternoon so have transferred £1000 to separate account ready for Germany I have also paid for airport car park which was strangely cheaper through website rather than cashback site.

Tyre only needed repairing as it was a puncture so £10 for that little job.

2 loads of washing have dried outside, tomatoes have been out getting some sunshine and will come in for the night soon. Made 15 small Cornish pasty type pies from left over beef stew, will have a couple for lunch tomorrow with left over cauliflower cheese and freeze some.

I have managed to catch up on a few emails, still plenty to do but it's a start.

Back to other job tomorrow, had to take a day off as ds was sick last night but worked out well tbh.

Did I say I was 42 last week, actually I was 41 - what a plonker!

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport