Hugglemonster's debt free diary

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 March 2017 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Thanks TFTA, I think I'm just so annoyed about being in debt still aged 40 and 3/4 that I want to get rid of it asap, I know I have wobbles but I'm so determined this year.

£442 to send over to overdraft tomorrow, that will leave me with £650 left to pay!!! Yay!!!

H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's great new H xx
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    That's great HM, the OD is really coming down now, it'll be gone before you know it!

And I know how you feel, I'm 38 and still have the bank of Mum and Dad helping me out at times. :(

Ave
    x
    :jDebt Free :j
    Savings targets:
    Emergency fund: £412.67/£1000
    Holiday fund: £30/£353
    Mortgage overpayments: A/C 01: £0/£340 A/C 02: £0/£2364
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Well the weekend is upon us and there seems to have been and alien abduction in my house my ds and dh have been replaced, I met my dh at T**co on Wednesday night and in the basket already were reduced items galore! This morning I jumped in the shower and when I went downstairs to see what ds was getting up to he was already dressed, eating his breakfast and reading the paper!!! He's 8 :D and usually I have to badger him constantly, when he finished breakfast he put his dishes for washing, went up to do his teeth and then put his coat on waiting for me :rotfl:Bless him.

Account is looking OK, outgoings planned until next payday on 15th just food and fuel to pay for and need to get dd some new school shoes this weekend. I need to finish my friends present and send that off and then the next birthday is my Mum's on 27th March, I'll have a chat with her over the weekend to see if she wants anything in particular.

Next payment to overdraft will be on 28th March, seems like ages away but I'm pleased with the big lump sum I added this week.

Busy weekend again although not going to South Wales is a bit of a blessing otherwise I wouldn't have a day off this week!

Happy Friday all, H x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OMG just a quick post as I'm going to be late for my appointment, just had the post delivered and there was a letter from the solicitors about my car accident and a cheque for £250 :j That is going straight off the overdraft!!!!! Being good :D

H x

Fantastic!!!!:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Evening all,

A bit of a spendy weekend but all planned, both kids needed shoes/trainers but they were fairly cheap so haven't broken the bank. A bit annoyed this evening as I purchased 9 new spot lights (£30!!!!) for the attic and 4 have blown already and the other flickering so need to get the electrician out to look at it all. This house is just a nightmare for unearthing problems. I can imagine needing to rip the ceiling out to rewire!!

I spent a couple of hours at the bank yesterday transferring the kids accounts to Junior ISAs so hope that goes through OK.

Today I got the rest of friends presents, I have transferred money from paypal to cover it but after a few surveys this is now back up to £5.81 in there although I need to sort out my Mum's present - thinking of a small local classical concert if possible.

Busy day running a competition for primary schools today but it went really well, back in my other job tomorrow and an early start so I'm off to bed in a minute.

3 weeks until next payment made to overdraft.

Hx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What a nice thought on the concert. I think people do love experience based gifts the older they get.

Hope the house doesn't need demolition to get to the lights!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope that the lights don't need too much doing to them.

Yay to the cheque, that's great news.

Look at you all sorted with friends gifts :) I may need to take some tips lol xx
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    The concert sounds like a lovely idea HM. The lights, not so lovely, but hope they are sorted quickly (and cheaply). x
    :jDebt Free :j
    Savings targets:
    Emergency fund: £412.67/£1000
    Holiday fund: £30/£353
    Mortgage overpayments: A/C 01: £0/£340 A/C 02: £0/£2364
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Ah a day off today, I woke up at 0730 when ds did but then fell back to sleep and when I woke up dh was a bit mardy as he wanted to crack on with shopping and tidying up. I have to say I quite like him when he's in a bit of a mood because he is like a cleaning whirlwind and the house is looking lovely :rotfl: I'm just about to do some paperwork for club and then settle down and watch the Rugby. The other 3 in the house support Wales but I support England since I'm originally from Bedfordshire.

We're all up to date financially up until payday on Wednesday, I can then work out outgoing when I get paid, I need to phone the electrician on Monday to do the next stage of ds room and also get him to look at the attic. Had another light incident today when dd was swinging around a broom in the kitchen and smashed the lightbulb!

The last payment for dd bed goes out on 21st, yay! please remind me the I need to factor in charges on the 22nd for overdraft, ta x

I'm on a Disability Inclusion course tomorrow and then another full week or work in both jobs and working next Saturday morning but off Sunday. DH loved helping me coach this week, he is doing his first part of coaching training next Saturday which I am teaching.

I received some vouchers in the post, another £18 to add to present fund, plus I have sold a book on Amazon, no concerts found for my Mum so far that's the problem with living in a small coastal town the main concerts are at least 45 minutes away. I'll keep looking plenty of time.

Still being patient, 2 weeks and 2 days until next payment to overdraft.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone, H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport