Hugglemonster's debt free diary

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    Options
    I've spent some time today updating the budget and looking at finishing/renewal dates for a few outgoings, I phoned tax credits to find out when my overpayment repayment ends and it will be Jan 2018. It's £10 a month but there is no way I'm paying it off early, their fault for making the mistake in the first place.

I received my payslip in the post ready for tomorrow so I have planned ynab up until dh payday on 1st March, March already cor blimey! Food shop tomorrow but am also treating the kids to lunch out as we have done nothing fun this half term. Need to get a new chain for dd bike so she can cycle whilst I run.

A few surveys done after I returned from running group, the rain stopped and the wind wasn't bad so ended up being a nice run. Managed to cash out some more points so present neutral fund is now looking like this:
    *Paypal £24.27
    *£10 Sainsbob
    *Amazon £5

A bit annoyed with best friend's husband, I messaged him about a possible present and he said jokingly 'a divorce' but hasn't come up with any useful suggestions! I will have to look tomorrow, I already have gift wrap so just need a card and said prezzie.

Made it through another week! H x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh one of those comments eh!! So amusing. Not.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    My week off is nearly over, this morning I went to promote my club and running groups at a local community centre but to be honest it wasn't worth it as it was in a location where there isn't a lot of foot fall passing and so not real benefit. It would be better situated in the town centre.

We had a massive Chilli for lunch and there was enough left over for 6 tubs to put in the freezer.

Tomorrow I'm doing a long run after my porridge, will be nice to just plod about for a couple of hours.

Finances are OK, everything accounted for up until Wednesday, when child benefit goes in on Tuesday I will send this over to the overdraft. I have a really busy week and weekend ahead so no time to spend anything which is good.

I've decided to buy a cinema pass for my friend's birthday and send then in a small hamper with some snacks, I've checked the nearest cinema to her (she lives a long way from me) but I will get the card sent to me first. It's my Mum's birthday at the end of the month so will need to think about something for her, although on the day I'll be away in Cardiff again and she is going on a trip with my Dad.

I need to do my timesheet and expenses by Tuesday as I need to send a copy of my flight booking for Jersey to claim it back, it's £94 so need it back in my account.

Everything OK, long may it continue H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    That's a shame the event didn't go well. Do you think the weather could have also contributed?

The hamper and cinema pass idea is nice. I'd love that as a gift.

Night

Bob

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fingers crossed you get the grant, that would be amazing.

I like the present idea, I'm sure she'll love it.
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    'That's a shame the event didn't go well. Do you think the weather could have also contributed?' Yes the weather wasn't great but the community centre is located in a quiet part of town, I think it was the 'Friends of the Centre' that organised it but there is a Art Centre in the old library building that is right in the middle of town that would be better to have it.

'Fingers crossed you get the grant, that would be amazing' Yay grant awarded, nearly £900 to purchase equipment and to pay for a course I'm going on.

I've also contacted the local paper to see if they'll do a piece about my club now dh is stepping in plus my running group, fingers crossed they get back to me.

I'm learning to be patient about my debt payments, I could pay some money over to the overdraft today but that would take me over the threshold of the overdraft of my current account and I would be charged more so for the sake of a few hours I'm sitting on the funds until the child benefit goes in tomorrow.

Meals are going well, we cooked a chicken yesterday and still have lots left over plus made a stock. I'm currently roasting tomatoes to make soup for this evening. Ds has climbing and I'm treating myself by going to a Pilates class whilst he does that and dh will pick him up.

Right got to go, lots of work to do! H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Roasting tomatoes is one of my favourite things to do! Loads of thyme, garlic and onions, slug of oil then wack it in the oven. Love to make soup that way. Just whizz it up. Heaven!

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Just sneaking on whilst I prepare my budget for March on ynab, child benefit went in so I have sent over £130 to overdraft but fees of £29 will go out tomorrow. When dh gets paid tomorrow I'll send over a payment of £192.01 as no council tax or water for the month and this will bring the balance to -£900 so nice to pay a good chunk off.

I've had my water bill for the year and the monthly payment is going up a couple of pounds so manageable, I'm not sure whether a water meter would save us any money. Just waiting for the council tax bill to come through, I can imagine that's going to be going up too.

In this months budget will be the final payment for dd bed and I have a little payment of £5.11 per month for data usage on a tablet I don't use any more so that will be cancelled from May.

I got the MSE credit club email today so I checked my details and it's quite scary to see how much we owe not including the mortgage because of the car obviously but it still made me weep! Current debt in total sits at £15,880 :eek: I know it's my choice to have a decent car but it's still shocking when you total it up. It will be good to see some of the accounts drop and makes me more determined to get sorted.

I'm in between visits for second job today so just need to do my report and finish my expenses to email over. Had a bad day yesterday when my whole team for a big competition in South Wales on Sunday pulled out, so frustrated with the schools and had to cancel the coach and now the whole area is missing out on being represented.

Pilates was great last night, I knew the instructor so it was lovely to catch up with her, I'm definitely not flexible though and need to do some hamstring exercises which will also help my running.

Ordered friends cinema card so present neutral funds are now:
    *Paypal £12.01
    *£10 Sainsbob
    *Amazon £5
    Need to get some more surveys done!

Hope all well, H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    OMG just a quick post as I'm going to be late for my appointment, just had the post delivered and there was a letter from the solicitors about my car accident and a cheque for £250 :j That is going straight off the overdraft!!!!! Being good :D

H x
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    Hi Hugglemonster

I've just read your diary from start to finish. You're doing really well paying down the debts whilst juggling so many other things and you sound really determined and focused, even when your posts suggest you're feeling otherwise. Well done!

Great news about the cheque too.

Have subscribed :)

P.S. I'm also in God's country ;)

TFTA
    x
    :jDebt Free :j
    Savings targets:
    Emergency fund: £412.67/£1000
    Holiday fund: £30/£353
    Mortgage overpayments: A/C 01: £0/£340 A/C 02: £0/£2364
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors