Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sunshine :eek: You mean you've stolen our sunshine!

Only lovely here if you're a duck! and I think even they would be fed up of the wet by now :rotfl::rotfl:

Ok, as the song goes 'please don't take my sunshine Away' I won't :D

As for the ducks, well. I'd be fed up too, living in a pond, having stale bread thrown at my head by feral toddlers :eek:
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    But they have everything they could ever want with you as their mum.

That is extremely kind Sayschezza thank you :)
    greent wrote: »
    Just catching up after a crazy week at work - sorry it's quiet, Bob :( x Hope the friend starts behaving like a friend real soon.... xx

Not so far. And in worrying news, a mutual friend confirmed they broke off their relationships with them because of a similar issue. :(
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Ok, as the song goes 'please don't take my sunshine Away' I won't :D

As for the ducks, well. I'd be fed up too, living in a pond, having stale bread thrown at my head by feral toddlers :eek:(

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I admit I laughed! Maybe I AM a duck afterall? Youngest often throws her leftovers at my head :rotfl:
    Not so far. And in worrying news, a mutual friend confirmed they broke off their relationships with them because of a similar issue. :(

:( How awful, unfortunate you found out like this, but that really isn't a true friend.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hi All

So today has been very weird. From having only 4 enquiries all month, and no bookings, I had 6 enquiries today and 2 bookings. I'm not going to roll out the fanfare just yet as after a month long dry spell who knows what's next.

One of the bookings was from a very high profile person though, who had apparently seen my social media efforts. So it has been worth all the 1am finishes sitting there looking for leads and interacting.

But. And big fat hairy but. Is this patchwork of interest ever going to be big enough for a quilt?

Tired. And a bit battered quite frankly. It's so hard this up and down all the time.

Bob

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still keeping everything crossed Bob. Can totally understand why you're feeling so battered, chin up xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bob that is awful, I don't know how people can be so awful, lets all collectively hope they get a wart for every day they don't pay you back a bit like nanny McPhee in reverse!!

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

So today has been very weird. From having only 4 enquiries all month, and no bookings, I had 6 enquiries today and 2 bookings. I'm not going to roll out the fanfare just yet as after a month long dry spell who knows what's next.

One of the bookings was from a very high profile person though, who had apparently seen my social media efforts. So it has been worth all the 1am finishes sitting there looking for leads and interacting.

But. And big fat hairy but. Is this patchwork of interest ever going to be big enough for a quilt?

Tired. And a bit battered quite frankly. It's so hard this up and down all the time.

Bob

Think positive ;) Of course they'll be a quilt eventually, you just have to find enough pieces along the way. If anyone can do it - its you! Chin up xx
  • Bobarella
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I admit I laughed! Maybe I AM a duck afterall? Youngest often throws her leftovers at my head :rotfl:

:( How awful, unfortunate you found out like this, but that really isn't a true friend.

Ha Ha, hope you have a wipe clean Hair style :D

I have always suspected MH issues, as he can be extremely erratic. From rage to charming in 60 seconds. But not close enough to discover the true reason. Have even suspected drug use. Anyway. I suspect this one has to go on the painful list of reasons I am too nice at times. And try to carry on being trusting of people, because not everyone is a shi:mad:

• Bobarella
    Options
    Still keeping everything crossed Bob. Can totally understand why you're feeling so battered, chin up xx

Thanks hon :D

emmie26 wrote: »
    Bob that is awful, I don't know how people can be so awful, lets all collectively hope they get a wart for every day they don't pay you back a bit like nanny McPhee in reverse!!

Pah ha ha! That made me laugh :rotfl::T
    Think positive ;) Of course they'll be a quilt eventually, you just have to find enough pieces along the way. If anyone can do it - its you! Chin up xx

Maybe that will be my new diary title, One Day my Quilt will come:rotfl:

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sorry that things are still so up and down Bob, and that your ex-friend is such a twit!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just catching up bob how awful of that person, they obviously have no morals and you are significantly better for them not being in your life. The cash bit is annoying but I do believe in karma, so what goes around comes around (on both yours and his front) Hope today sees more bookings come your way :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure