23 replies 87.7K views
13»

Replies

• HermiaHermia Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Choosing "deliver to reception" is an easy option for drivers to select on HHT when they've handed the parcel to resident but not collected a signature as none has been requested or paid for. If it was put in a bin or other safe place then they would most likely choose "left in outhouse".

Every time I have had that message I have been in, no vehicle has come down my street (it is an extremely quiet cul de sac and the occasional vehicles we get are very noticeable) and my front door opens straight on the street so there is nowhere they can leave the parcel. Very odd. The last time it happened the driver actually said he couldn't remember where he took the parcel. I would happily pay extra to have a parcel sent via Royal Mail, but only a few companies I use offer this option.
  • Feral_MoonFeral_Moon Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hermia wrote: »
    Every time I have had that message I have been in, no vehicle has come down my street (it is an extremely quiet cul de sac and the occasional vehicles we get are very noticeable) and my front door opens straight on the street so there is nowhere they can leave the parcel. Very odd. The last time it happened the driver actually said he couldn't remember where he took the parcel. I would happily pay extra to have a parcel sent via Royal Mail, but only a few companies I use offer this option.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Why are you so bothered what it says on the tracking as long as you've received your parcel, even if it has been left in a bin. The reason many couriers do this is because it's frequently requested by customers who know they won't be in, unless it's bin collection day of course.
  • Feral_MoonFeral_Moon Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems the BBC are also interested in how despicable Hermes treats its couriers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36903908
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals