Claiming against Norwegian Airlines

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    CAA can find in your favour but cannot enforce payment. Court route best option.
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Accounts of the usefulness of CAA have been varied indeed. I recall Dr Watson has written a useful document regarding the European approach but dashed if I can find it.... perhaps a kind person?
  • razorsedge
    razorsedge Posts: 344 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2017 at 3:18PM
    Options
    Accounts of the usefulness of CAA have been varied indeed. I recall Dr Watson has written a useful document regarding the European approach but dashed if I can find it.... perhaps a kind person?

If you are referring to excellent guide by the Good Doctor to using the ESCP process it is here on the Ryanair thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64457359&highlight=taking+ryanair+to+court+using+the+escp#post64457359
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • symphony63
    Options
    I am taking first the route through the CAA, BTW they accepted to deal with my case although the claimant does not reside in the UK.

I was looking at MCOL in case CAA finds in my favour but Norwegian does not pay up.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Norwegian air won't pay as the CAA is in the UK and cannot force them to pay. Don't waste your time, court is the only way.
  • symphony63
    Options
    Norwegian fly from the UK so they better be in CAA's good books.
    I can always apply to Norway's CAA
  • Justice13075
    Options
    If you have time to burn continue with the CAA I am only trying to save you that time because you will end up in court eventually.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Froggit says that Norwegian have been responsive to the CAA's "rulings" - and if that's the case, they could be a quicker resolution than court. In truth though most airlines ignore the CAA on this - including British airlines. The CAA is the most toothless and reluctant tiger could you imagine on the Resolution - but there is probably a reason for that ...
  • symphony63
    Options
    You all might be right re CAA but with a ruling from CAA I think my case in court will be that much easier.
    At the same time I also put in a complaint with Norway's CAA. I hope between the 2 of them something good will come out.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    I wish you luck but don't hold your breath.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure