Blowing in the Winds of Change

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had to read and run after your first post today (OH was hot footing waiting for me:o)

So pleased that things look better now, even allowing for the inefficiency of certain organisations.

MM and the hairy one:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh heck *Robin* - I hope this gets sorted out soon :(

Sending Cairn Terrier licks and bounces for good luck!
    Must use my stash up!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to read of your problems in paying the bill and supposed prosecution. Hope it all gets sorted tout suite.

Did you decide on a direction? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,320 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the latest twist in the road :( Hope you manage to sort it out xx Growls from my Jack Russell to the incompetent council department - unbelievable!!!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Good morning MSE World, :hello:

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments. :)

Feeling a bit better today; can see the humour in the situation now and am tempted to let the council prosecute a dead man.. Later on the story could come in handy for politically-minded folks seeking to make a point?
    Just so long as there's no risk I will end up with the ccj for non-payment.
    Interestingly, I discovered yesterday that this particular council does not operate a single person's discount - thought that was Law throughout England?

Anyway. Last load of washing is on, hoovering and as much tidying up as I intend to do has been done, and Divo Three has sent me some cash so that I can employ Gardener to carry the last load of packing when M and self transfer our lives to the camper-van.

Still not sure about route, although have discounted the Western option. Both the others begin with a 50 mile run along the coast, so I'll see how that goes and decide when we get to the Northern turn-off.

Gave in and bought M some chicken last night. I didn't eat dinner - three days on pasta has had the usual effect, and better it clears m' guts before I'm reliant on a toilet tank which needs emptying every couple of days (sorry if tmi - don't tolerate white bread or pasta well; a case of using up what was available)!

Today am grateful for Divo Three stepping in, Divo Four being honest, and the peaches ripening in time for me to enjoy them. :)

Spends:
    M's chicken dinner - £4
  • *Robin*
    Options
    Currently 150 miles along the Northern route. 28'C now (0230hrs). Just had dinner (cheated - a ready-meal).
    As predicted, Musketeer wants to sleep on my bed. No chance, because it's a narrow single (in order to accommodate his bed / crate).

Parked with the big trucks - they'll be firing up before dawn so guess it's bed time; night-night to any insomniacs out there. :)
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Robin
    Sorry I have kept missing you when you have been posting.

To recap. Anyone who wants you to look after THEM is dreaming and should be told so in no uncertain terms. Just because it has always been your 'family' job to do this does not mean that this must continue. Unfortunately I think you put on too brave a face, or are not blunt enough about just how bad your ME is. There is sadly still alot of ignorance about it. I wonder if you said you had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome people would understand more, same illness different label?

I continue to be sorry about CDs passing. Sometimes one has a truely special bond with a pet and non pet owners don't understand how hard it hits us when that pet passes. I am SO glad you found Musketeer he sounds great for you.

Naughty you for not looking after yourself. Next time someone asks you for looking after, you can just say so sorry but sometimes i get so tired i literally can't move and so couldn't come when you needed me. This would be very dangerous for you. Find someone else.

Likewise I don't think you have truely accepted that your sons are adults and that you need to start leaning on them more and tell them they can't lean on you as much. Whilst looking after the puppy dog was cute, they really should not have put that much stress on you. To be honest I thought that was quite self centred of them.

Sorry if I am speaking out of turn but this is the lowest physically i have 'seen' you. Are you sure you 'only' have CFS? Might be worth getting checked out for anything else too. Would be silly if say you had a cholesterol problem and tablets could lower it and make you feel better. I just don't want you to assume that symptoms or problems you have with your healthy are '
    ALWAYS' to do with the ME.

wow about the in absential prosecution. How unbelievable that two lots of paperwork have gone astray. Maybe you need to hand deliver a third set, and watch whilst they up date the computer or something?

Take Care of You and kind of !!!!!! anyone else.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    I'm glad you decided on the northern route.. gentle hugs for you regarding the incompetence of certain departments. Ridiculous, and yet not surprising, unfortunately. X
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hoping that you managed some sleep, safe journey
    x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • *Robin*
    Options
    Good morning MSEers, :hello:

Breakfast stop; now about 120 miles South of Madrid. Found some shade and a breeze. 31'C inside the van. Dug out CD's cool-coat for Musketeer. He wasn't sure about it at first; stood with legs braced, head down and ears flat out sideways. I laughed (couldn't resist :rotfl:). After a couple of minutes M decided wearing a wet jacket is a good idea and had a snuffle around our current location. He does seem to be enjoying exploring the changing scenery every time we stop - am so glad about that. :)

Chev - hope you don't mind, but I'll respond to your very valid comments later when we stop for siesta. Don't want this break to be too long - better get a bit further up the road before the worst of today's heat hits.

Stepup - the Northern route will be cheapest on fuel, and fastest so long as nothing catastrophic goes wrong (touch wood).
    It's a good job I managed to get through to the council. The call was recorded so if it all goes Pete Tong later, there is proof that I wasn't allowed to pay the bill.

Maddie - slept very well thank you - until 0700 when a nearby cat-fight sent M into a frenzy. He had managed to squeeze onto the bed sometime during the night; woke me by planting four sharp claws on m' boob as he shot towards the closest window in full attack-mode! :eek:

Yesterday's spends:
    Parking bill - £25
    Gardener's wages - £100
    Dog food - £10
    Groceries and stuff for the van (loo roll etc) - £37
    Fuel - £45

Forgot to buy vino and olive oil. The hotel we're parked next to has a shop selling both - but at tourist prices so didn't succumb. :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure