IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Several PCN's from pcm urgent help needed

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2016 at 1:19PM
    Options
    Bear in mind that if you are successful getting the ccj(s) set aside that doesn't "kill" them, and you will still need to subsequently defend the court claims and win to avoid paying.

Successful set asides takes you back to the situation you were in regarding receiving the charges and ignoring them - ie you can then expect to get fresh claims to defend.

If you then went on to lose in court you would then have just 30 days to pay off the amount awarded in full, otherwise the ccjs would go on the register again and remain there for 6 years (despite any payment plan you then agree)
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Successful set asides takes you back to the situation you were in regarding receiving the charges and ignoring them - ie you can then expect to get fresh claims to defend.

If this were ParkingEye I would agree. This is PCM ... they're less likely to proceed again once they know the defendant is getting help. They only won previously by default.
  • Lucas01
    Lucas01 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks castle for this advice. But should I set up a payment arrangement with them in the meantime or do I advise them that I've applied for a set aside? Need to know before I speak to dcbl
  • Lucas01
    Options
    Sorry for all the questions just feel like it's far too much to deal with. I have 19 other charges that are currently with DRP too. My CAB are useless and are taking a long time to deal with this.
  • Quentin
    Options
    If you are going for set aside(s) then don't pay them anything!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2016 at 3:26PM
    Options
    It seems to me that this has passed on from being a parking issue to a debt problem.

It is obvious that the OP has incurred the wrath of his landlords, a HA, probably for parking in other peoples' bays, perhaps there are other issues.

In any event, I doubt if a set aside is the way forward, even it the judge agrees. There seems to be a deliberate disregard for the rights of others here.

He has a repayment plan in place, he should now avoid adding to the debt, probably by getting rid of his car, at the rate he is acquiring PCNs it would be cheaper to use taxis.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If you are going for set aside(s) then don't pay them anything!

I think it's best to keep up the payment plan, since this is at actual bailiff stage, defaulting on the payments will result in a lot of hassle and there's a duty to mitigate loss. Bear in mind that this could drag on for a while.

Once a set aside is granted, and you beat them in court, you should get all of the money you've already paid, back. Maybe there's an option to suspend the enforcement after set aside.
  • Lucas01
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    It seems to me that this has passed on from being a parking issue to a debt problem.

It is obvious that the OP has incurred the wrath of his landlords, a HA, probably for parking in other peoples' bays, perhaps there are other issues.

In any event, I doubt if a set aside is the way forward, even it the judge agrees. There seems to be a deliberate disregard for the rights of others here.

He has a repayment plan in place, he should now avoid adding to the debt, probably by getting rid of his car, at the rate he is acquiring PCNs it would be cheaper to use taxis.

It's from their side not mine. There's been confusion over who can park here and how I go about getting a permit.
  • Lucas01
    Options
    Ok I need some help with filling in the application form for the £255 set aside I don't understand any of these questions
  • Quentin
    Options
    Maybe you can get assistance from your cab filling in the form.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure