IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Several PCN's from pcm urgent help needed

Options

Comments

• Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ignore DRP - you'll need to defend anything else that goes to court.

I think you need to look into getting a set-aside and defending the existing ones, that should let you get your money back. Your reason for a set-aside is that you never recieved the court papers as you were flooded by so much junk mail from PCM/DRP.
  • Lucas01
    Lucas01 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    How do I go about getting a set aside
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Easiest way to find out is Google how to get ccj set aside
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,179 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lucas01 wrote: »
    How do I go about getting a set aside

Parking Prankster has blogged about it, so Google his Blog. And search this forum board for the keywords: '£255 set aside' to read other threads like this, with info galore.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lucas01
    Options
    Ok have done. Just been non stop worrying about this for the past week and a half. S much to sort. I honestly never had a letter from the court about it and now feeling the pressure from the high court.
  • Lucas01
    Options
    Update for you, I managed to agree a payment plan of £40 a month with the high court. I can't afford to get it set aside so yeah don't have much choice but to pay off this debt as thunk it's too late to do anything else.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Only problem is that this will remain on your credit record for 6 years, so any applications you make for credit in future will be affected by this judgment.

If you'd pursued the set aside and won, the judgment would have been struck from your credit record. (And your costs with the set aside would have been paid by the PPC).

But ... your debt, your choice. :)
  • Lucas01
    Options
    But I have to pay the £255 before don't I? I just can't afford it. I don't want to have to pay but I really don't know what to do.
  • Lucas01
    Options
    So is it worth me doing the set aside? Should I contact CAB again?
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lucas01 wrote: »
    But I have to pay the £255 before don't I? I just can't afford it. I don't want to have to pay but I really don't know what to do.
    Try here.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-help-with-court-and-tribunal-fees
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport