IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Several PCN's from pcm urgent help needed

Options
Right bear with me while I get through this, and ask any questions as I may leave stuff out, been a nightmare dealing with this.

In August 2014 I moved to my current property. It's a flat which outside has bay parking. I've had trouble getting a parking permit, despite being a resident. My housing association (L&Q) have contracted PCM to manage the parking. This company are animals seriously never dealt with anything worse.

Between August 2014 and now I've had three vehicles (I have bad luck with cars!) and all have been given the same treatment of getting ticket after ticket - 19 for my current vehicle alone! - and I'm at a total wits end as of what to do. I'm getting letters everyday and I need help. I took initial advice to ignore these letters, but they ended up taking me to court - which I was unaware of - and won. They have escalated things to the high court and I had a visit on Wednesday for a debt of £1700 (+ there costs which now has a debt of £2700). We paid £1000 of it and they want the rest by next Friday. No chance of me doing am on a long term sickness benefit. In addition to this there are a further 19 fines with a company called DRP. The sheer volume of letters and everything has just made this impossible to deal with. PCM are just the worst to try to speak to over the phone or email, they just do not care. I'm in a position now where I'm going to have to make myself bankrupt most likely as I cannot afford any of this.

The amount of fines just makes it impossible to deal with, along with the fact that it's for three different vehicles over now a two year period. Surely this cannot be right and it's all gone a bit far.

PCM state that all the bays are allocated and in use all the time. This is not true, I have requested the site manager to visit as the parking is never more than half full and I've never caused a problem by parking where I park.

With regards to the permit, l&q say it's down to PCM to do it and PCM say ifs down to l&q. Is never ending. There's no alternative parking in the area, is all residents bays or single yellow lines, or car parks that would be costing me £20-30 a day (I live in Greenwich).

Any help is appreciated and I apologise if I have left anything out.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2016 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Looks too late to get help here.

If some of your ignored tickets have yet to end up as court claims then do come back if/when the claims turn up and use the advice in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum on putting in a defence

(DRP are debt collectors - see this thread as to why you can ignore them, though don't ignore any court papers you receive in relation to the charges that DRP are chasing you for):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They have escalated things to the high court and I had a visit on Wednesday for a debt of £1700 (+ there costs which now has a debt of £2700). We paid £1000 of it and they want the rest by next Friday.

Try Sheila at 'Bailiff Advice Online' urgently. She posts as Herbie here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,089 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do as above NOW
    Plus to try and get your money back, what are the terms of your lease/rental agreement with regards to parking?
    I would suggest you look into this as a matter of urgency , the property management company may have a lot to answer for.

But for now take the advice on balifs online as in the post above. NOW
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your main problem was paying them anything in the first place as that is taken as an admission. Never ever pay unless a court tells you.

However that does not sort your problem. Suggest your local Citizens Advice Debt Councillors or any free legal help as in legally qualified help.

See here http://www.gre.ac.uk/ach/study/law/legal-advice-centre

It's not parking ticket help you need, that ship has sailed, it "debt" help - as you have acknowledged the "debt".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnel%27s_Case
  • Lucas01
    Lucas01 Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2016 at 11:07AM
    Options
    I paid because I had debt collectors round. But thanks will contact Sheila. Don't see how bailiffs online can help really as it's with the high court now
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't see how bailiffs online can help really as it's with the high court now

The High Court use High Court Enforcement Offices (HCEO). The other name for HCEO is a "bailiff". Bailiffs can get entry to your home, seize goods, take you car etc.

So if you are reading this - you shouldn't - you should be getting help from Citizens Advice / (qualified) legal help etc. After moving your car somewhere safe.
  • Lucas01
    Options
    There's nowhere to move my car too is the problem I'm no longer getting tickets from there. It's weird. Waiting for CAB to callback as well as a free local solicitor (the link posted above the university are closed for the summer, and legal aid saying they can't help me unless I've had letters saying I'm gonna be made homeless).
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,089 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    By moving your car, this means parking elsewhere, if possible park on a friends drive, or better a garage and cover your number plates if they are visible from the road.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Lucas01
    Options
    Ok I'll try but can't think of nowhere else to park in this area is a pain
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lucas01 wrote: »
    Ok I'll try but can't think of nowhere else to park in this area is a pain
    It will be a worse pain when the HCE clamp your car.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure