We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ZC's Aim for a little independence

Options

Comments

• zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So with a bit of quidco income and savings income this morning I'm up to £212.31 out of £277.30 of my monthly aim. £64.69 left to find. Not so sure if that's possible - it'll be down to ebay income etc.
  • MissCreative
    Options
    It's only the beginning of the month - I'm sure you will find £65 somewhere :)
    Have you tried doing surveys on Prolific Academic? I made £20 on there in about 9 or 10 days.
    Originally October 2042 // Goal December 2032
    Currently at £127,500

End of fix goal: £75,000 by September 2024
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Not tried prolific academic - have been doing one poll and Swagbucks. Might give it s try. Thanks
  • PennyJar
    PennyJar Posts: 114 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2016 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Hey ZC/MC

I'm not having much joy on prolific...only one study so far...did sign up for pine cone research and did a survey, but still waiting for my reward...guess it must be my demographics are not what they are looking for.

Trying to up my income too - put two DD jackets on Ebay but they sold for a pitiful 99p each and the one jacket was £18 (worn once due to sizing :eek:).

It's made my think buying DD clothes online may be an option - although I do like to buy new for her...

I'm also wondering whether to try some upcycling/selling pieces I find at carboots? Anyone given that a go yet...maybe I'll put that on my thread and see if anyone has some tips. I know you can make a fair bit if you know what your doing/what to look for.

PennyJar
    Debt Free - 2011 (£15, 000) :T | MFiT - T4 #78 £0/£20,000 (Mortgage reduction target)
    Mortgage Free Goal - 2026 (£101, 062) | #198 Emergency Fund Challenge £500/£1000
    Massive :money: fan - thank you for changing the game!
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Penny Jar - I've found I've had more luck with FB selling sites rather than fleabay.
  • PennyJar
    PennyJar Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks ZC I'll have a look into that :-)
    Debt Free - 2011 (£15, 000) :T | MFiT - T4 #78 £0/£20,000 (Mortgage reduction target)
    Mortgage Free Goal - 2026 (£101, 062) | #198 Emergency Fund Challenge £500/£1000
    Massive :money: fan - thank you for changing the game!
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Evening all.

Had a semi successful shop this morning. Got loads of reduced ham for the freezer but DS was a NIGHTMARE in store. I swear the person who invented internet grocery shopping had a 3 year old.

My M&S account is now all set up and I've begun the switching process. It has been a fair bit of faff - as long as I get the £220 giftcard and 6% saver I reckon it'll just about be worth it.

Have a few things listed on fleabay - not having much luck with the flower girl outfit I'm selling. I've put it on at £30 but it does include a cardigan, pants, socks and possibly shoes. (Nappy pants, not real pants). Have made £12 on fb selling sites so getting closer to my target. I see that Swagbucks has a papal giftcard for £25 for 4999 points. I'm at 3200 already. Wonder if I can hit that for the end of the month. Only on £10 on one poll.

Have a nice evening everyone
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Morning all.

Well, with a bit of Quidco income & paypal income I'm down to having to find £44.62 for the rest of the month. Still got a few things on ebay so here's hoping.

Another busy day on the farm here so no time for spending!

Have a nice day everyone

ZC
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Quiet day today. Have done some Swagbucks surveys - I'm 482 away from a £25 Paypal giftcard. A dress of mine sold on fleabay for £8.00 so that'll all go towards the mortgage neutral fund. Dug out an old breastpump and listed it too. Was going to keep it for a few years but I'm definitely not having any more kids so why not sell!

So only £36 to find of the rest of this months fund. I'm hoping I can get the swagbucks and a few more ebay items to cover it off.

Have also today signed up my DD to gymnastics club. She's only 2 but watch out Beth Tweddle! Don't know the cost yet but I'm really pleased she got a spot. I've missed out for my DS and will have to wait till he's in school.

Am very tempted to pop to the shop and buy chocolate but need to try and resist for the wallet and the waistline. Feeling tired today so taking it easy which I feel bad about till I remember I'll be working all weekend once it dries up!

Hope everyone's having a nice day.
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Morning all.

Still a few pounds away from my target. Have completed a Swagbucks survey that was for 1500 points which would get me my £25. It will take a few weeks to come through though so I don't know if it'll make it in time for this month.

Signed up for something not very mse yesterday - a paper subscription. I grew up with the Daily Telegraph every day and I notice that I now read the news on my phone - I hate my children seeing that. I don't have time to pop to the shop everyday and a neighbour told me that she gets her paper delivered for £1 a week! So I've signed up. It's £1 a week for delivery and £39 a month. I get a £25 John Lewis giftcard which was an extra bonus. I was spending at least £8 a month on the sunday papers. I think it's a good habit for the children to see and get used to so worth the money. As they get (a lot) older hopefully it'll be a good conversation point.

Made some vegetable pasties this morning for work lunches. I was hoping they'd be healthy but they're a bit more pasty than vegetable!

Off to work in a minute - a long weekend of corn carting awaits!

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport