ZC's Aim for a little independence - Page 12

New Post Advanced Search

ZC's Aim for a little independence

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
257 replies 25.8K views

Replies

• zcrat41zcrat41 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Well !!!8220;all is safely gathered in!!!8221;
    Now. Finished the last of the beans and bale stacking yesterday.

Had another eBay sale of £15 to add to my o/p fund. If I can manage to not dip into it by the end of the month that!!!8217;s £70 to add to it!!

Need mango for a salad we!!!8217;re having for tea tonight. I don!!!8217;t really want to buy one but not sure how it!!!8217;ll taste without it.

Have a good day all!
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. I'm not sleeping well in this heat at all. I seem to be up at 5am at the moment no matter what. I can't even get on with anything useful as the children would wake up and they desperately need their sleep!

So yesterday, instead of doing my normal online shop which would have been about £80 and last a week I did Lidl with a meal plan/list and £37 should last me for 5 days. I'll be really impressed with myself if I can make that stretch.

Work day today. Kids will be off to the library and playing at home with the Nanny. Doing a deal this morning that might net me a bit of cash:money:
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good day yesterday. NSD and I completed the deal meaning I earnt 10% of my annual drawings in 1 day! Well chuffed with that!

Off the the church fete today. Will be giving the kids £10 to spend each.

Still v tired after the last few weeks at work. dh and I doing an awful lot of bickering at the moment which o don't like.

Have a good day all.
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Good day at the fete yesterday. Managed to keep within budgeted spends.

Not impressed with dh today. He's invited his parents for lunch last minute today. I'm shattered and could do without it and have only basic meals in so I might have to go shopping.

I keep waking up at 5am and not being able to get back to sleep and it's beginning to drive me nuts. I'm shattered!
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to share my parenting win.

Realised my old chest freezer has a lock on it. Kids are now old enough to open it themselves. The minute my back is turned they're in there rooting around and helping themselves toy summer stash of lollies.

But Ebay has come to my rescue and for the princely sum of £4 I will have them foiled by the end of the week!!
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. NSD yesterday. Ds1 is on a holiday camp this week which he is loving. £25 for the week is a bargain!

I've done a big shop with Waitrose online so that i can use their £20 off the next 6 shops vouchers. That means my cheapie Lidl shop did the trick.

Should be a NSD for me today as I'm at work.

Have a good day everyone.
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. Was messing about with my mortgage online this morning. I'm not sure whether to set up a regular o/p of £131 pm it to save it all and pay in a lump sum every now and again. As long as my payments are under 1k they'll reduce the balance and not affect my normal acc.

Hopefully a nSD today. Might have to buy DD a chocolate cake as I promised her one if she stayed in her own bed!
  • edited 15 August 2018 at 10:39AM
    julicornjulicorn Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 15 August 2018 at 10:39AM
    I'd probably just pay it off as soon as you have the money, so that it reduces your interest immediately. Unless you can make more money by keeping it in your savings account :)
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Current: £130,500 (-£4,000 overpayment savings pot)
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking Juliecorn. The mortgage is at 3.89%. I can probably still get away with having a 5% regular saver as well as doing my o/p so think I'll set it up!
    Thanks
    ZC
  • julicornjulicorn Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, seeing as it's quite a steep rate, setting up that regular overpayment is probably a good idea :)
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Current: £130,500 (-£4,000 overpayment savings pot)