PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    wow! you're all over it! is OH a hard one to buy for Pigpen?

Not really.. I just resort to tools or gym gear for him.. I have got him a couple of jewelry bits the last few years
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can't speak from personal experience as it was eaten so fast, the the recipe says up to a month in an airtight container
    if you felt like sharing the recipe i can add it to the original post

Up to you my sweet.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Not really.. I just resort to tools or gym gear for him.. I have got him a couple of jewelry bits the last few years
    Happy days!!! we have a mutual agreement on gifts that i set when we got together. If we're doing presents we set a budget we both stick to. That way no one is outdone/underdone/dissapointed etc

We honestly prefer experiences together (blowout night at our favourite chinese/asian restaurant) but sometimes do token gifts.

I think as long as everyone's happy it doesn't matter what you do

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    if you felt like sharing the recipe i can add it to the original post

Up to you my sweet.

Happy to share :)

biscotti HERE

if you make the biscotti, a pizza wheel is good for slicing the fingers. Tip I pinched from the GBBO :D

chocolate orange brownies HERE
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • zippychick
    Options
    thanks, both added under "desert sweet related"

Ill have to do some work on this thread but today isn't the day for it!

the original post is just at the limit of characters so might add another post in at the start. Do some searching for current christmas threads s o do PM me with ideas, suggestions or actions required

Zip

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I shall sign up for this . I've lurked and read over the years but never jumped in . I craft a lot for Christmas and this might just keep me focused and on track .
    Sounds as though you have a magic Christmas to look forward to .
    I well remember Pink pulling your leg each year . I often think of her and Squeaky and so many people across the boards no longer with us but here for always on mse .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy to share :)

biscotti HERE

if you make the biscotti, a pizza wheel is good for slicing the fingers. Tip I pinched from the GBBO :D

chocolate orange brownies HERE

What a great tip about using a pizza cutter, never thought about that for a tray bake!
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • zippychick
    Options
    I shall sign up for this . I've lurked and read over the years but never jumped in . I craft a lot for Christmas and this might just keep me focused and on track .
    Sounds as though you have a magic Christmas to look forward to .
    I well remember Pink pulling your leg each year . I often think of her and Squeaky and so many people across the boards no longer with us but here for always on mse .
    polly
    aww lovely to see you're happy to join in !!! the threads are fantastic and grow each year. I promise to spruce up the indices at the start!!!!

That's so nice you remember her. Being her always makes me sad, it's where we met

Squeaky, rosieben, the list goes on doesn't it?

Pink loved christmas with all the family but i'm sure she's rolling her eyes somewhere at this thread :rotfl:

My friend has been making this pistachio fudge for years. It's fantastic and can be made months in advance as it lives in the freezer. It's so yummy and rich.

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Exactly the right time to start thinking about Christmas - plenty of time to plan and work things out so that you avoid the last minute rush that takes away the chance to enjoy the simple things.

I bought a couple of bits for the annual Shoe Box appeal this morning.

I have a couple of unfinished cross stitch Christmas items to work on as my grip allows, maybe this year will be the year they get finished!

I collect gifts as I go through the year but make a firm list around now as the summer sales can be a treasure trove.

And, as always crackers, cards and gift wrap were bought in the January sales.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Every year I say I'm going to cut back on Christmas and every year I get excited all over again:j:j

DDs get money and a stocking which they love. It's DD2s 21st birthday this year and we are going to give her money for a really nice holiday after she graduates next year but I decided to do a 'birthday stocking' for her so she'll have some nice little bits and pieces to open as a surprise - smellies, make-up brushes, that sort of thing. But I'd like to put a few jokey ideas in as well so will be watching for ideas
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure