Can he claim for dental treatment

Son just graduated a couple of weeks ago. He's staying at home while looking for work so doesn't need to claim for any benefit but he recently attended the dentist for a filling and was charged £20. Don't mind feeding and sheltering him free (for the meantime!) but not keen on paying for his dental treatment too.

As he's a non earner can he claim this back or does he have to "sign on" If it's the latter, how can he register but not actually draw down any jobseeker's allowance (if that's what it's called?)

Sorry, this is all new to me! Hope I don't sound too mean.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Help for Welsh households on benefits

£200 to help with energy bills

MSE News

Income tax calculator

Updated with November NI changes

MSE Tool