Can he claim for dental treatment

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
25 replies 5.4K views
maggiesoup1maggiesoup1 Forumite
186 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Son just graduated a couple of weeks ago. He's staying at home while looking for work so doesn't need to claim for any benefit but he recently attended the dentist for a filling and was charged £20. Don't mind feeding and sheltering him free (for the meantime!) but not keen on paying for his dental treatment too.

As he's a non earner can he claim this back or does he have to "sign on" If it's the latter, how can he register but not actually draw down any jobseeker's allowance (if that's what it's called?)

Sorry, this is all new to me! Hope I don't sound too mean.


This discussion has been closed.

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals