Walk 1000 miles

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,637 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am still slugging away. Technology has not been my friend recently - Garmin have not implemented Bluetooth very well and since I upgraded my iPhone the connection between them keeps dropping.

Anyway I stand at 905 miles against a plan of 890 so I will get there. My daily steps averaged over the year are still just below 11,000 so I would like to bump that up again if I can.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    I am still slugging away. Technology has not been my friend recently - Garmin have not implemented Bluetooth very well and since I upgraded my iPhone the connection between them keeps dropping.

Its much more likely to be apple that's messed up the bluetooth. IPhones have never been the best for bluetooth connections. Is your iphone making the bluetooth connection sleep?

Good going with your target.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    Garmin acknowledge that it is their problem. Was fine with iPhone till I upgraded to iOS 11 :(

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/O2rhfvdmhY6uQSUVU3Qvv8
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Garmin acknowledge that it is their problem. Was fine with iPhone till I upgraded to iOS 11 :(

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/O2rhfvdmhY6uQSUVU3Qvv8

Its odd that they acknowledge it. iOS 11 bluetooth issues effect more than just garmin devices. There are a lot of issues with cars etc too.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    1104 at the end of the month. Only another 100 left to do for this year. My Walking Group members are checking in today with their miles, some of them have done more than me.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Its odd that they acknowledge it. iOS 11 bluetooth issues effect more than just garmin devices. There are a lot of issues with cars etc too.

the issue between my Forerunner and my iPhone seem to have been resolved :)

I have 64 miles left to do to reach my target and 27 days to do it. A couple of those are work travelling without dogs but I will work through that.

Having a target to aim for has really helped, especially with all the injury time meaning I have not been able to run.
  • Ilona
    Options
    So near to my 1200 target. On 1162 now. I have to walk three miles every day, and I will. Next year I'm going to revert back to the 1000 miles. Although it is within my capabilities to do more, I have plenty of other things going on in my life.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Mallygirl and Ilona.

Mallygir, I have 87 more to do in 14 days to make the 2017 mile mark - should just be able to do it.

Ilona, I have dogs to walk, so I think I'd get to around 1800 anyway naturally, there certainly is plenty of other stuff I've wanted to do other than walk an extra 200 miles!
  • Ilona
    Options
    I walk someone's dog three mornings a week. It doesn't walk fast enough for me, lots of stopping and sniffing,:D so I still have to do my own walk as well.

I think walking for exercise needs to be a long term thing, not just a New Years Resolution which will fizzle out after a month or two. I plan to continue this challenge for the rest of my life, so no need to push too hard and it become a chore. I have to want to do it and enjoy it, and as long as I feel that it's good for my body, that's incentive enough.

Keep going Bugs and Mally, do your own thing, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    I've been wearing a pedometer since October 2007, I feel lost without one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure