Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ccdorset wrote: »
    I left Sky in December last year and have been looking at subscribing again. They are currently offering me via Live Chat and in My Account:

£15 Entertainment
    £1 HD
    £1 Box Sets
    £11 Sky Cinema
    TOTAL £28 per month

This is on a 12 month contract on Entertainment. 31 day rolling on the other elements.

Not sure whether I could push for anything better, or whether this is the best I am going to get.

The cinema sounds a bit expensive to me? But the rest is about the best you'll get from them at the moment. If you really want it then it's about the best you'll get right now although I would leave the cinema out personally and get Netflix instead :)
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget to check offers on your sky box via account settings.
    Got Sky sports for £15 pm with 18 month contract.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I left Sky in December last year and have been looking at subscribing again. They are currently offering me via Live Chat and in My Account:

£15 Entertainment
    £1 HD
    £1 Box Sets
    £11 Sky Cinema
    TOTAL £28 per month

This is on a 12 month contract on Entertainment. 31 day rolling on the other elements.

Not sure whether I could push for anything better, or whether this is the best I am going to get.

That's not a bad offer I'd say, the best I've seen for Entertainment was £11 but it tends to be for 18 months. I'd disagree with @shaggy about Cinema though, I'm on a rolling monthly 50% offer for Boxsets and my "offer" for Cinema is £10 but for an 18 month contract (which would mess up my 50% I presume) so £11 for a rolling monthly contract may be worth it to yourself.
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I have had Netflix in the past, however I have found the movies a bit hit and miss on there.

I might be wrong now, but I have in the past thought Sky Cinema has more recent and bigger movies than Netflix and Amazon.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I have had Netflix in the past, however I have found the movies a bit hit and miss on there.

I might be wrong now, but I have in the past thought Sky Cinema has more recent and bigger movies than Netflix and Amazon.

Sky have the latest general release movies that Netflix for one don't without a doubt. Netflix (and presumably Amazon?) have exclusive access to their own content, it all depends on what you want. You could always use the Sky rental service for any biggies that you want to watch.
  • Mat_Lock
    Mat_Lock Posts: 2,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was currently on £41.75 for everything TV related (HD, Cinema, Multiroom, Box Sets, Kids) except sports and it was due to go to £62 next month.

Renegotiated for £42 for the same thing again for 18 months.
  • Dan_chez
    Dan_chez Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Is this sky q 2tb? The price I posted on the last page of £82 for entertainment, sports HD, box sets, HD, fibre max seems more than most seem to be paying. Wouldn't mind cinema but for a extra £10 taking it to £92 seems alot of money to me, tempted to cancel in my cooling period.
  • KJ2886
    KJ2886 Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I got offered Entertainment for £13 and Cinema for £9 last week.
    Was looking for a combined pack with Fibre (or Fibre Max) as my contract is up with plusnet but they said they couldnt offer me fibre as im not in a fibre area... but I am! Have had fibre for the last 12-18 months from when they had it installed then!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    KJ2886 wrote: »
    Was looking for a combined pack with Fibre (or Fibre Max) as my contract is up with plusnet but they said they couldnt offer me fibre as im not in a fibre area... but I am! Have had fibre for the last 12-18 months from when they had it installed then!!

You've had fibre from Plusnet not Sky, it's possible that they just don't supply fibre there yet especially, if I'm reading your post right, that fibre was only installed in your area 18 months ago.

Try your postcode in https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker and click on FTTC, that will tell you who's not available.
  • KJ2886
    KJ2886 Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks looked at that link it it says

BT FTTC

"FTTC is available in your area
    Downstream Min: 59.9 Mbps
    Downstream Max: 80 Mbps
    Upstream Min: 19 Mbps
    Upstream Max: 20 Mbps

» Matched result using the phone you provided"

Yeh they installed fibre just over a year ago and I joined with plusnet when it was available.
    Looked at some other sites for fibre and can get BT, Vodafone, Plusnet etc just not sky Fibre which i thought was strange

You've had fibre from Plusnet not Sky, it's possible that they just don't supply fibre there yet especially, if I'm reading your post right, that fibre was only installed in your area 18 months ago.

Try your postcode in https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker and click on FTTC, that will tell you who's not available.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback