We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

1…76097610761276147615…8230

Comments

  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2017 at 4:47PM
    Thats just the sort of thing I was thinking of mhoc....done them a few times and they never fail or disappoint.

    Things like I think its called zorbing are quite fun too...rolling round in big plastic balls...but that's best done in a group of people that you know!

    The off roading landrover experience ones are quite fun too albeit muddy!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

    2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Afternoon :wave:

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Just done Snaps quiz 2/10 it was movies :( and I had to guess at all answers :D

    oh tweets..well done...I never even attempt the movie quizzes now...I always though I had a reasonable knowledge of them but I don't think I've ever got more than 3 0r 4 on movie monday,so it's best avoided.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

    2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,444 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    LEJC wrote: »
    Thats just the sort of thing I was thinking of mhoc....done them a few times and they never fail to disappoint.

    Things like I think its called zorbing are quite fun too...rolling round in big plastic balls...but that's best done in a group of people that you know!

    The off roading landrover experience ones are quite fun too albeit muddy!

    I was trying to see if there were any that incorporated a training session on a skid pad - very useful to know how to control your car in a skid situation.

    Also eldest son and GF went out on a husky dog safari before Christmas but this was whilst they were away - I've seen similar on dealzippy in the UK but there does not seem to any now.

    I suppose for an 18th you have to decide if the person wants a physical object or a day out to remember
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    I can't get the pizza either...my printer is not recognised....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

    2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,333 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    clean non-affiliate link to the Goodfellas pizza offer http://www.goodfellaspizzas.com/coupons-uk/italiano
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,444 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    redfox wrote: »
    clean non-affiliate link to the Goodfellas pizza offer http://www.goodfellaspizzas.com/coupons-uk/italiano

    Having failed on the first attempt by Avast deciding this website was threat I put the incognita on and pressed back, refilled and now I have pizza MOCs :) :j
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Thanks redfox for presumably correcting and TM for bringing over a slightly dodgy 10 ways link link...but sadly it still doesn't like my printer.....oh well I can;t have it all an I can't be bothered to uninstall and then reinstall just for a pizza....

    Everyone else can enjoy....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

    2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    redfox wrote: »
    clean non-affiliate link to the Goodfellas pizza offer http://www.goodfellaspizzas.com/coupons-uk/italiano

    Apologies redfox....in my excitement to post and print I didn't go back and check if it was an affiliate:o

    Thank you:T:T

    I've got a couple:)

    Now to check if they compare anywhere:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    LEJC wrote: »
    Thanks redfox for presumably correcting and TM for bringing over a slightly dodgy 10 ways link link...but sadly it still doesn't like my printer.....oh well I can;t have it all an I can't be bothered to uninstall and then reinstall just for a pizza....

    Everyone else can enjoy....

    It drives me bonkers when I miss a good coupon:o

    How are you LEJC?

    Long time no see:o:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,416 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to a birthday present for a lad turning 18?
    He's not interested in much, always gets money/gc's and usually spends it on clothes.
    He's not interested in jewellery either.

    I wanted to get him something a bit special for his 18th but might have to be money again :o

    How about something like an engraved glass.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.