Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I think so, yes. It does seem odd that the system is physically capable of processing in two hours but only for six months a year, due to a coding error rather than design. I would say we could highlight it with A but then there is only likely to be people like us who even notice :D (and knowing our luck they would then change it to 3 hours all year round to align with what they state!).

Anon

And goodness knows we are above highlighting system errors to Mr A. :rotfl:
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • pacifica9
    Options
    tbw wrote: »
    I can't get close enough to spiders to identify them ! And I wouldn't vac them up - the bloody things might crawl out again. I need them splatted.

Noooo. I don't like spiders either but will try everything possible to capture and rehome (outside!) rather than kill them.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning Elite :D

Can't stop, I've got to get my finery on for a very special day :j

Hope everyone well, see you all later xx

Zippy. I had to go back and look at the white stuff :rotfl: :rotfl: you little tinker :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tbw wrote: »
    I can't get close enough to spiders to identify them ! And I wouldn't vac them up - the bloody things might crawl out again. I need them splatted.

Ditto :cool:
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Noooo. I don't like spiders either but will try everything possible to capture and rehome (outside!) rather than kill them.

By putting them outside they'll only come back indoors :cool:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • pacifica9
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Ditto :cool:

By putting them outside they'll only come back indoors :cool:
    Latterly, I have put conkers in strategic places which apparently have some sort of chemical which they don't like. I don't think there is any scientific proof that this works but I haven't had many repeat offenders recently.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Elite :wave:

Another good night with Emily but the day has come when she meets Berry and Noela. I've had her out for a walk and just about to leave to take her up to boarding to hand her over to Joy who will put her in with other dogs, including my two, just like any other dog coming in for boarding or grooming and then, after I've done my shift at charity shop this afternoon, I will go up to pick them up. Berry and Noela will be wondering why she is coming out into reception too but I will put her into her crate in car to keep her seperate and then, when I get home, the real test begins

As soon as I know how they get on, we can start to advertise her for an experience dog owner who will continue to work on her fear of strangers. I want to be able to say she can be homed with other older dogs as I think that's what she needs. I already know that she is not cat friendly as she tries to run after them when we are out on walks ;)

Update later :D
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2017 at 12:45PM
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :D

Can't stop, I've got to get my finery on for a very special day :j

Hope everyone well, see you all later xx

Zippy. I had to go back and look at the white stuff :rotfl: :rotfl: you little tinker :D

obviously going to collect a lottery winning cheque from a celeb at a posh London hotel or an knighthood from the palace :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    well I've been trying to keep busy and trying to ignore Quidco but it has come to tea drinking and list making time ...

One receipt from last week I uploaded but it would not give me an ID number so I tried again, still no ID number. I sent them photos on Saturday but no reply yet. Still not tracking so I tried uploading again and now I have an ID number - I think this counts as progress.

My own receipt from the 16th, still not tracking and no reply to the email with photos, lost in the ether somewhere so I've reloaded it and have a new ID number.

OHs receipt was uploaded also on the 16th, also emailed them with photos and no reply and no tracking. But oddly his receipt this morning has gone straight into the paid column so I did a withdrawal before they changed their minds. I don't know what made his submission special

and then when OH finally wonders home we are going on a bottle hunt and the madness begins again ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 March 2017 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Afternoon All. Not managed to read back at all.

Remember free coughee at Nerd's. Take your own cup for a 2nd stamp. letter link here Nero%20confirmation.jpg

Offer in this week's Reveal Mag ( I had a browse of mag section as I think it is today that new issues come out)
    reveal%20tanning.jpg
    As you van see, numpty forgot to check photo was in focus. From memory :o Free spray tan worth just over £20.00 with coupon from magazine at certain "tanning shops"
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    Never quite understood why folk buy more than they'll ever use....it's not money saving if you don't need/use it :)

I must admit to over buying when I started out with glitches, but now I do pass on a lot of the stuff or if its free I get it and put it in the foodbank trolley on the way out. Not sure there was any foodbank trolleys in our town in 2013 thinking about it, as when I started putting into the foodbank I was taking it to another town 30 mins away!

I also had put in 2 receipts into quidco and neither of them have tracked and neither showed an id no. so will redo them in a bit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure