Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Getting ready to take 87 year old MIL to Dobbies + Mr T...I hope she doesn't get blown away in her wheelchair in all this wind....
    Bless her shes a lovely lady she had a stroke 17 years ago, has all her marbles moves with the times and has a sense of humour, and she doesn't look more than 65 ....she and my husband have been out together and have mistakenly been thought they were husband and wife!!!

sounds like such fun, wish I was closer ....:T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    Morning all :D

slightly productive day, I have emptied just the bottom of my specially built stash cupboard..............just tipped all the bottles down the sink, all were extremely flat except the coke zero. all 2ltrs all dated 2013. I found some pasta last week dated 2009, we are all still here ha ha! also binned aload of hartleys jelly pots mainly the lemon lime ones dated 2015/2016. Next shelf tomorrow lol

very brave.
    I am not quite at this stage yet but I am moving in that direction. I don't have a bottle stash but I do have a 3 shelf stash under the stairs and there are a several food items that I need to part with at some stage

On Olio the other day someone seemed to be going through their cupboards and they were offering items with 2012 expiry :eek: I suppose something is always useful to someone and there are always students up for a challenge :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jewellery lasts a lot longer than either, either that or swarovski crystal (animal ornaments, not their jewelery, not impressed by that :o )

That said, we only ever exchanged gifts for our first anniversary, and that was extra questions our for Trivial Pursuit game (keep the comments tame please!).

We struggle enough with birthday and Christmas presents without adding another into the mix :rotfl::rotfl:

Perhaps a read of the white writing is in order. ;)
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning ALL!

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Well I like the kettle and toaster set - very chic and stylish and if my Oh gave those to me as a gift I would be thrilled - especially if it was the prelude to the builder finally moving in and designing a stylish and chic kitchen to go with them .... :D

We do have a black cooker being delivered. £900
    So I ain't getting away lightly.
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :D

slightly productive day, I have emptied just the bottom of my specially built stash cupboard..............just tipped all the bottles down the sink, all were extremely flat except the coke zero. all 2ltrs all dated 2013. I found some pasta last week dated 2009, we are all still here ha ha! also binned aload of hartleys jelly pots mainly the lemon lime ones dated 2015/2016. Next shelf tomorrow lol

Never quite understood why folk buy more than they'll ever use....it's not money saving if you don't need/use it :)
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Sharpies good to go peeps.

Edit: Will we have to wait 3 hrs again from Sunday?
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Sharpies good to go peeps.

Edit: Will we have to wait 3 hrs again from Sunday?

I think so, yes. It does seem odd that the system is physically capable of processing in two hours but only for six months a year, due to a coding error rather than design. I would say we could highlight it with A but then there is only likely to be people like us who even notice :D (and knowing our luck they would then change it to 3 hours all year round to align with what they state!).

Anon
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    From Waitrose today - so the challenge is now on as to what is the smallest item we can buy to get our free coffees. I can see lines of people going through the till each with a single banana :)

"Our myWaitrose free tea and coffee offer is one of the ways we thank our customers for shopping with us - and we want all our customers to be able to enjoy a free hot drink when they shop with us in our branches.

From 3 April, we'll simply be asking myWaitrose members to make a purchase* before collecting their cup at the checkout"

that and Mr !!!!!! Orchard being ditched, what is the world
    coming to ....
    Seems the 10p bag for life counts>
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    been 2 google as I found 3 spiders in the cupboard that didn't look too friendly.... all false widows, all now up the hoover!!!

I can't get close enough to spiders to identify them ! And I wouldn't vac them up - the bloody things might crawl out again. I need them splatted.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure