Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 21 March 2017 at 10:04AM
    Options
    Good morning all....

The sun is trying to shine here....but I read reports of snow further North....so my fingers are crossed that somewhere in between there is a little bit of sun to shine on someone very special today.

I need to update my toiletries for last week....in terms of out it was a perfume sample and no in's .....but this week already I seem to be making good progress with a few things so next week will be much more productive in the out section I hope.

warm wishes to all those waiting on results for tests and to mhoc who must be in full flow wedding mode by now!

Frugal is going well too and I dont think we are spending too much.
    The Credit card bill arrived for last month and I am pleased that for once it was well under 4 figures so heres hoping that that can be repeated next month too.

Was hoping for a little baby news but it looks like our newest elite is going to keep us waiting....but I hope you are managing to sleep Di, and not jumping each time the phone rings....all exciting stuff x

love to all x
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Was just going to say the same thing, I would throw them at you if you bought me them for an anniversary present.

Well its my 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday, and where will we be??
    I will be in London with my 2 little grandsons and DIL :)
    and hubby.....
    Liverpool with DS watching footy ........
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    An A v W HD last night :)

8 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    Asda waitrose
    2x ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) £0.46 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 2 Thick Cut Unsmoked Gammon Steaks (550g) £3.33 N/A
    1x ASDA Grated Coloured Cheddar And Red Leicester (500g) £2.50 N/A
    2x ASDA Butcher's Selection Beef Mince (Typically Less Than 20% Fat) (1kg) £6.67 N/A
    1x ASDA Table Salt (750g) £0.29 N/A
    1x Kingsmill Tasty Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) £0.75 N/A
    1x Kingsmill Medium White Bread (800g) £0.75 N/A
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    2x ASDA SmartPrice New Potatoes in Water (550g) £0.64 N/A
    0.3x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.23 £0.22
    2x ASDA Crumble Topping (225g) £0.90 N/A
    4x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £20.00 £4.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.12
    1x ASDA Tie Handle Food & Freezer Bags Medium (50pk) £1.67 £1.88
    1x ASDA Smooth Brussels Pate (175g) £0.60 N/A
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4pt) £0.99 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £23.01 £7.22
    +£15.79 cheaper
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Washing machine on as this morning was proper 1st day of spring...
    Now 30 minutes later it is getting darker by the second :eek:

Got my kingsize sheet and duvet cover blowing out on the line. Lovely sunshine so far. I better watch out for the dark clouds.

Morning all :wave:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do too :A x

:j:j:j:j

TrulyMadly wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm now at the "Don't waste your money on cards and flowers for Mothers Day" time of the year.

Do you think you've turned a corner with DS Sarah....it sounds as if you had a better weekend:)

Well he is still moaning that he is bored, as now he is spending, breaktime and lunch with the head, but going to his normal lessons, but from today, onwards, he is going to art at lunchtime to catch up, so hes not impressed at all.
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D

slightly productive day, I have emptied just the bottom of my specially built stash cupboard..............just tipped all the bottles down the sink, all were extremely flat except the coke zero. all 2ltrs all dated 2013. I found some pasta last week dated 2009, we are all still here ha ha! also binned aload of hartleys jelly pots mainly the lemon lime ones dated 2015/2016. Next shelf tomorrow lol
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    Washing on the line 7.50, mainly shirts + t-shirts dry and now all ironed and hanging up airing
    I impress myself sometimes :)
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    Getting ready to take 87 year old MIL to Dobbies + Mr T...I hope she doesn't get blown away in her wheelchair in all this wind....
    Bless her shes a lovely lady she had a stroke 17 years ago, has all her marbles moves with the times and has a sense of humour, and she doesn't look more than 65 ....she and my husband have been out together and have mistakenly been thought they were husband and wife!!!
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    been 2 google as I found 3 spiders in the cupboard that didn't look too friendly.... all false widows, all now up the hoover!!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    From Waitrose today - so the challenge is now on as to what is the smallest item we can buy to get our free coffees. I can see lines of people going through the till each with a single banana :)

"Our myWaitrose free tea and coffee offer is one of the ways we thank our customers for shopping with us - and we want all our customers to be able to enjoy a free hot drink when they shop with us in our branches.

From 3 April, we'll simply be asking myWaitrose members to make a purchase* before collecting their cup at the checkout"

that and Mr !!!!!! Orchard being ditched, what is the world
    coming to ....
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure