Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A glance at their Twitter feed will tell you that those complaining on MSE are not the unfortunate few. Those who have never tried ringing or messaging them are presumably the only ones who say they don't have a problem with them. If they could manage to set up the accounts and bill people properly in the first place, then they'd have a lot less calls waiting on the line.
    My initial sympathy with them as a start-up supplier has evaporated after 6 months of utter incompetence and apparent disinterest by the management in trying to improve service.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 1 August 2017 at 8:33AM
    Options
    I see Twitter responses may have been improved (could just be a bot signing on at 9am ?) Where they have also said " We have expanded our Customer Service and created a Social Media team to help on multiple platforms.". Is the phone service improved?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Mistermeaner
    Mistermeaner Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FYI ombudsman found in my favour and have asked IRESA to permit my move to EDF and also to compensate me for loss and hassle
    Left is never right but I always am.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    They have responded. The first ticket was closed as resolved with no response which I have mentioned in my ombudsman complaint. Responded to formal complaint with "it is not unusual" and second response "it is E.On's fault for not updating national database".:mad:
    I updated the ticket that I have referred the complaint to the ombudsman and this morning they replied :
    Thank you for your email.

My sincerest apologies for the issues with your meter point and for the length of time this is taking to set up. I can understand your frustration, we are escalating this for you and will chase this up until completion.

Kindest regards,

Sophie

Complaints Team
    Doing nothing then :o
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Was with Iresa at my old address (moved last week). Had no issues with them.

Been forced to go with Eon and will probably switch to Iresa as they are still the cheapest that will take an Economy 7 meter and use as single rate.

Hello The Reaper and hope the move went well.

You mention on another thread that you're on our Cap and Track tariff. There are no exit fees with this tariff leaving you free to switch to another supplier without penalty whenever you wish.

Hope this is of interest The Reaper and you're settling in to your new home.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    They have responded. The first ticket was closed as resolved with no response which I have mentioned in my ombudsman complaint. Responded to formal complaint with "it is not unusual" and second response "it is E.On's fault for not updating national database".:mad:

Hello molerat and as I'm sure you know, only the existing supplier is able to update the National Databases. They won't take amendments from anyone else.

Whilst we were your supplier, did anything change with the address details or metering set up that needed an amendment sending to the National Databases? It's relatively straightforward and quick to send these updates so shouldn't have been an issue. If nothing changed, then the switch shouldn't have been impacted in this way.

Sorry if I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs molerat.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    geoffW wrote: »
    I signed on with Iresa yesterday for electricity, first payment 14/8 and start date 26/8, longer start date than I expected but I don't mind as my contract with GB energy finishes on the 11/8 and they say they keep the contract price the same til the changeover as long as it happens within a month.

Having read what's been posted after this post of yours, you might decide to take advantage of the cooling off period. I always had my doubts about the need for them - now I understand why they are there:)
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Yes, I am also ex-E.On and got exactly the same excuse. Which the EO did not accept.
    Their excuse might have had more credibility had they not told me two months ago that they now had all the info they needed to set up the meter point, and that the issue had been 'escalated to the operations dept for urgent resolution'. Which is evidently Iresa-speak for 'do nothing at all'.
    Iresa is like a really bad soap-you know it's going to end badly, but you still want to stick with it just to see if it can get any worse.

Hello macman and as in my reply to molerat, unless something changed whilst you were with us, I wouldn't have expected the National Databases to have had a negative impact on your switch.

Malc
  • geoffW
    geoffW Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fewkeste wrote: »
    Having read what's been posted after this post of yours, you might decide to take advantage of the cooling off period. I always had my doubts about the need for them - now I understand why they are there:)
    On the contrary, I would recommend you to join me before the price rises start.:j
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    geoffW wrote: »
    On the contrary, I would recommend you to join me before the price rises start.:j
    We shall see what transpires - I hope it works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure